• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Isn't Xemnas kind of hypocritical?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

reimeille

This really bugs me and it might just be nitpicking... but Xemnas spends alot of time talking about how "nothingness is eternal" and everything is nothing and how he doesn't feel. But then he says things like "I need more rage" and at the beginning of the final phase of his boss battle, he says something like "Anger and hate are supreme".

Are those not emotions? Anger is not 'nothing', and neither is hate! They're both pretty heavy emotions. Was this intentional, did I miss something? What's up with him simultaneously saying that he feels nothing and yet he is talking about two of the most powerful emotions that people can have?

Xelon99

Awards
I believe it's more because those are the main Darkness emotions. Which in turn create Heartless, which in their turn form his Kingdom Hearts. And when DiZ destroyed the Kingdom Hearts, Xemnas became desperate to get more Hearts.

Besides, he only knows those emotions from memory. Xehanort knew how to manipulate those emotions to open people up for Darkness. And Terra knows it from basically the entire BBS story.

Kinda how Xaldin kept feeding Beast more hate and anger to turn him into a Heartless/Nobody. While they don't feel the emotions, they do know it and they do know how to manipulate those emotions.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
And the fact that Xemnas probably had a heart and knew that nobodies actually could gain hearts (as we find out in DDD). When I first played the game, I took it as needing more heartless, which were created through anger and hate. But looking back, I see that it could go either way. Theres also the speculation I saw somewhere that he knew all along that nobodies can grow hearts and that he purposefully told them they couldn't so they would be more easily taken over by Xehanort's heart. This is very similar to brainwash. I kind of liked that idea. It gave more purpose to the repetition of "nobodies can't fee" and "nobodies don't have hearts". Point is, I think he knew all along he had a heart, so he wasn't being hypocritical.

Anagram

Banned
Well...Xemnas DID admit he was lying in DDD sooooooooo...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back