• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Isn't this ironic?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Txamt

Have you noticed that Marluxia is given the title for Master of Castle Oblivion while Luxord, the user of cards, is not? I mean, after all don't you have to use cards in the battle?

It would be nice if Luxord shows up only to give out a set of cards and some instructions on how to use it then vanish, never coming back until KH2.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Well, Luxord uses cards a lot, I'll give you that. But his cards shouldn't be seen as an "element" of his or something similar.

His main strength is "Gambling" after all, which includes dices, too, for example.

He uses far more than just cards.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Yeah, it's not as much as it is using the cards as an element as much as it is a weapon. Luxord was probably under higher orders while CoM was going on.

Txamt

Since when I said Cards was his element? I only say that he's an "user of cards".
I am just saying that it would make more sense if he's the one who gave Sora a set of cards.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
i think luxord wouldn't be as great as marluxia for the final boss in chain of memories...

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
i thought you were talking about if luxord should of been the master of castle oblivion rather than marluxia because he uses cards. that would mean he would of been the final boss.

Last edited:

Txamt

i thought you were talking about if luxord should of been the master of castle oblivion rather than marluxia because he uses cards. that would mean he would of been the final boss.

Not necessary. I mean he could send off Marluxia to fight off Sora and run away like a smart coward. I don't know how he can use Time in GBA DS anyway.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
oh i c. but if that were to happen... luxord should of had a more epic battle in kingdom hearts ii.

Twiligan

i agree with TXAMT, what makes Marluxia so damn special? That is a taste of Irony, but I dont think Luxard's characterdesign was fully developed when CoM was made, I think Nourma has a "make-it-up-as-you-go-along" mentality, seeing as when they made the BBS and Deep Dive Secret vids, the only reason why Roxas, was cloaked, and VAT were in armor, is beacuse their character designs wernt completed or decided apon.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
I guess he was intended to be more of a pirate-type of person and Squeenix didn't want to spoil his character before the PotC world. I dunno. :\

Riku Fan1415

I guess he was intended to be more of a pirate-type of person and Squeenix didn't want to spoil his character before the PotC world. I dunno. :\

Well, according to some brilliant guy who does his research, one way to spell Luxord's name as a possibly original self is "Droul". Apparently, "Droul" (pronounced dr-ow-el) was a pirate who couldn't resist gambling (or something along those lines)

Akans

「moriya」
Droul? That's a horrid name...

But I think that he has a point, Luxord would be a better teacher than old' Marly.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards

I had heard that PotC was a last-minute addition to KH2, whether that's true or not, I don't think introducing Luxord would have had any effect. It's not like we really did learn his background or anything.

Actually, it is kind of funny, because he would have been great for Castle Oblivion. He's all about manipulating people like Sora and throwing fate to the cards, but he probably hadn't been created yet. It's a shame; I like Luxord.

Now the canon reason for Marluxia being the Lord of Castle Oblivion probably comes from the fact that he was a traitor. Axel's mission was to discover the traitors' plans and dispose of them, so Xemnas and Saix probably had some idea that not all the members were loyal, and they purposely gave those members powerful positions in an area where Xemnas couldn't keep a close eye on them. Marluxia was being set up.

A

Azrael

I like Rulord more than Droul but that's me. Just because Luxord doesn't mean seem to be cool in fighting doesn't mean HE COULD have been a awesome final boss for KH: Chain of Memories. He could use cards to transform into Heartless or Nobodies to help fight Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back