• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Isa?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
for those who beaten ven's scenario? how is isa's name spelled and pronounced?

is it with the two dots over the I?

Dowhax

Bronze Member
It's pronounced: eye-suh

No double dots above any of the letters.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
It is, I just put the 's', not thinking about the 'z'. So it's: eye-zuh.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Pronunciation? Same as in the Japanese version. 'Eye-zah'
Spelling? Isa. No dots.

Allister Rose

French Lover
well that's unfortuante, now i'm starting to think the two dots over the I was unnecessary.....

Zyrax

Well, the two dots are used to show where another syllable begins, like:

Saïx (Sa-ix)
Louïsa (Lu-i-sa)

So, it isn't necessary to use it in the name "Isa"

But his name is pronounced 'I-sa', cause they wanted to use the arabic name for Jesus (don't ask me why).

Allister Rose

French Lover
Well, the two dots are used to show where another syllable begins, like:

Saïx (Sa-ix)
Louïsa (Lu-i-sa)

So, it isn't necessary to use it in the name "Isa"

But his name is pronounced 'I-sa', cause they wanted to use the arabic name for Jesus (don't ask me why).
it's just inconsistent....if they had to put the two dots over saix (would have been pronounced the same either way), then they should've done the same for Isa...

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
"Saix" is pronounced "sah.icks"
"Saïx" is pronounced "saih.icks"

The umlaut makes the "I"'s pronunciation different.

"Isa" is pronounced "eye.sah"
(I can't make the capital I-umlaut) "Isa" with the umlaut would be more like "eye.ih.sah"

I really don't know why they changed the spelling, but this vowels with umlauts over them make different sounds, so the umlauts are significant, since they are different letters.

Allister Rose

French Lover
they're only significant in pronounciation, even though xion is pronounce shion and stuff like that we constantly see in kh series.

i'm just saying it's inconsistent. but since they are differnet letters, it's not a direct anagram of ISa.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
They're also significant in words, such as when the only difference is the umlaut. It changes the pronunciation, and the other meaning is instantly identified.

But yes, it is inconsistent, since we've been told for quite the time that Nobodies in Organization XIII change their original name and add an X in the acronym. It kind of opens the door to say that original names with an X already in there would not add another X, or something like that.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i know it changes pronounciation but we seen in kh series mispronunciations lexaeus is pronounced lex-ee-us even though the more correct form is lex-ae-us" then theres the marluxia and xion situation....spelled the same, pronounced differently despite the spelling.

so really saix needing those dots is completely unnecesssary

Zyrax

i know it changes pronounciation but we seen in kh series mispronunciations lexaeus is pronounced lex-ee-us even though the more correct form is lex-ae-us" then theres the marluxia and xion situation....spelled the same, pronounced differently despite the spelling.

so really saix needing those dots is completely unnecesssary

In the English version it is, but not in other versions like in German ;)

There, you have to put the dots because of the pronunciation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back