• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Xion a One time only character? (spoilers ya)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenpachi

Since it really isn't confirmed that Xion is dead, or was a one time only character.

So what i'm aksing is: Will Xion reappear at all? seeing as Xenmas, Saix and Riku were the only ones who still remembered her even after she vanished and also her talking to Roxas when Riku defeated him raised more questions.

Any theory is welcome, if your dead certain that Xion is dead, that's your business, and you can say it, if you want to.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
Re: Is Xion a One time only character?

Well, Xion is not actually dead in a literal sense. She still lives on as Sora's memories, if you want to look at it in an optimistic way.And I believe Xion's concept and existence may hold significance for the upcoming games, but not the character herself.

Under normal circumstances, Xion herself can never physically return permanently unless Sora's memories are extracted once more. Either she will appear in Riku's Destati (and there have been some debate that she already did in Roxas's Destati), a flashback, or if the writers choose to do so, use the powers of the Chamber of Repose or Wakening to allow her to briefly project an image of herself from Sora's memories.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I don't think she'll be back in any form. I think she was a one time character. Thats why they made everyone forget her(as well as explaining why she wasn't around in KH II). But, thats just my opinion

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Nomura said bringing her back is difficult.
That is to say
1) NOT impossible
2) doesn't mean she won't be referenced or given importance.

I, for one, believe she's going to play a big role, or rather, already have, and we just don't know about it.
http://forums.khinsider.com/future-kingdom-hearts/138431-xion-way-dawn-days-spoilers.html
My long ass theory I wrote on the matter. If she's not related to Riku, I'm a shoe.

I don't think she'll be back in any form. I think she was a one time character. Thats why they made everyone forget her(as well as explaining why she wasn't around in KH II). But, thats just my opinion

You have it backwards. The reason she wasn't around in KHII is why she was forgotten, as they needed to make sure her existence wouldn't interfere with what was already established in the canon - being, that in KH2 no one mentioned her.

However, just like Sora was supposed to forget Namine only to remember her to some extent in the FM+, who's to say, really, that Xion will continue to be forgotten? The Memories are there.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

You have it backwards. The reason she wasn't around in KHII is why she was forgotten, as they needed to make sure her existence wouldn't interfere with what was already established in the canon - being, that in KH2 no one mentioned her.

Isn't it the same thing? Forgetting her=KH II not mentioning her, KH II not mentioning=Forgetting her.

Sora^Fan

Well, It's difficult to say for sure.
Technically, she's not dead, she lives in Sora's memories so that leaves a small opening for her return but honestly is is difficult for that to happen

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Isn't it the same thing? Forgetting her=KH II not mentioning her, KH II not mentioning=Forgetting her.

The end result is the same but think about it like this - had Days been released BEFORE KH2, aside from possibly less people hating Xion as she wouldn't have supposedly latched onto an established Duo - maybe they wouldn't have had to have her forgotten. In fact they might've made her into a proper Nobody instead of a replica. But because they already had KH2 and needed to finish Days in a way that wouldn't contradict with it, Xion was an existence that the plot dictated they needed to get rid of, albeit with the potential of her still tying into things through her living on inside Roxas inside Sora - instead of her being something less attached to it.
See why it makes a difference?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The end result is the same but think about it like this - had Days been released BEFORE KH2, aside from possibly less people hating Xion as she wouldn't have supposedly latched onto an established Duo - maybe they wouldn't have had to have her forgotten. In fact they might've made her into a proper Nobody instead of a replica. But because they already had KH2 and needed to finish Days in a way that wouldn't contradict with it, Xion was an existence that the plot dictated they needed to get rid of, albeit with the potential of her still tying into things through her living on inside Roxas inside Sora - instead of her being something less attached to it.
See why it makes a difference?

Kinda. Sorry for not following to well. Really tired and excited for BBS to make out anything properly.:/

Z

Zulkir

You DO need BBS to mend the bland mess that was aptly named "Kingdom Hearts 2". If that game was made properly, Nomura could conclude the series with KH3 without a need for a "plot fixing"(BBS) game or a fanservice(days) game. Bad business move though, keeping it going like this will allow square to get more money, draining whatever they can out of the KH series till it ends up like Chrono Trigger( Re-releasing it with the same old graphics on the DS...lol).

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You DO need BBS to mend the bland mess that was aptly named "Kingdom Hearts 2".

The FM+, yes. KH2 on its own needs mending whether or not it's by tying it to BBS.
They chose to tie it to BBS in the FM+.
They didn't have to.

If that game was made properly, Nomura could conclude the series with KH3 without a need for a "plot fixing"(BBS) game or a fanservice(days) game.

BBS isn't plot fixing - it's plot establishing. KH's current story arc effectively came to an end in KH2 seeing how the point was to bring Kairi and Riku both back home, and Riku messed it up some in KH1 by locking himself up in another realm. Seeing how Riku and Kairi are both home with Sora and all the big villains going after KH are dead, they needed to establish a whole new arc - and one that had nothing to do with Sora since Sora's a plot victim, not an active force.

Bad business move though, keeping it going like this will allow square to get more money, draining whatever they can out of the KH series till it ends up like Chrono Trigger( Re-releasing it with the same old graphics on the DS...lol).

CT is still one of the best games ever released so you'll notice not too many people care too much they didn't redo the graphics.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
It would be interesting to bring her back, and even better to see that she has so much more to offer to KH. I would love to see her in a KH game again, and hopefully playing the bigger role.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I pretty much keep my idea that Roxas and Xion will pop up for a short time in KH3 or Mystery a la the scene that you see Aerith and Zack in Advent Children. Just a kind of Destati moment where Sora gets to see deep inside himself and maybe some of his lost or erased memories. Nothing major, just a cameo to ackowledge their existence, and maybe even help in some bigger light.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
BBS isn't plot fixing - it's plot establishing. KH's current story arc effectively came to an end in KH2 seeing how the point was to bring Kairi and Riku both back home, and Riku messed it up some in KH1 by locking himself up in another realm. Seeing how Riku and Kairi are both home with Sora and all the big villains going after KH are dead, they needed to establish a whole new arc - and one that had nothing to do with Sora since Sora's a plot victim, not an active force.

In other words, they are milking the series by bringing in new unresolved story threads in order to pull off KH3 when everything could have been wrapped up nicely in KH2. Let's hope it IS the definite conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back