• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Xehanort in a causal loop?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Andrealsant

Spoilers for the end of KH3!!!

So at the very end of KH3, Xehanort doesn't really seem that bad of a guy, smiling and laughing alongside his pal Eraqus, and that got me thinking; if Ansem hadn't traveled to the past and told his younger self his plan, would young Xehanort still turn out to be evil?

I don't think so. To me, it looks like the reason Xehanort got "corrupted" by darkness (which fuelled his need for knowledge to an obsessive level) was the influence Ansem had on him all along.

All in all, that means Xehanort has been trapped in a causal loop, where the reason he turned evil was because he turned evil (and traveled to the past), which would be enough reason for him to be redeemed in the end.

Still, in the end, I think it has all been part of the Master of Masters plan (that @$$#013), and will be further explained in later games.

Back