• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Winnie the Pooh confirmed to be in KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
This...really isn’t hard to understand.

No one wants more screentime for Kairi because the screentime she has been given did nothing to make us yearn for more.

Done.

No one? Speak for yourself. There are plenty of people, myself included, who want more Kairi. She has plenty of potential that hasn’t been used yet and they’ve been already been teasing her as a secret weapon of sorts for the Guardians since DDD.

And you still failed to make sense of the paradox that people want to see more from Kairi yet don’t. Try again. I think the only way to make sense of that is if you want to see more of her only if she is used well, but you’d rather not see her if she isn’t going to be implemented well.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Born too late to discover the world, born too early too discover the cosmos,

Born just in time to experience a heated Winnie The Pooh debate on a jrpg forum

Can this be my new signature? xD

What a time to be alive.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
casual kh fan people whoo let hear it for those people who don't care about the series at all oh boy i cant wait for xbox fans to play kh3

all we asking is for change in pooh world i mean this oculd be the last time for pooh so why not have kiri join sora in the pooh world

Last edited:
Awards
So Kairi has zero defined character traits, but is also convoluted. Also "pretentiously" so.
Interesting.

Yea you really do need to work on your reading comprehension skills...

The fact that they don’t have any defined character traits is what makes their character arcs pretentiously convoluted. I...thought that would be obvious to anyone reading those sequences of description, but I digress...

Oof.
Sure you aren't reading too much into mindless minigame fun, bud?
They're friends because I don't even think Pooh and the gang can even conceive the idea of not befriending anything that walks and breathes.

What a thought-provoking counter argument.

Cause they definitely befriended Woozle, Jagular, Nasty Jack, the bees etc, right?

And that's not a complaint, they're supposed to be simple like that. Which is exactly why they already gave all they could offer and any revisit would be more of the same, and why any relationship they formed with Sora is under no peril of being "overshadowed" or anything like that.

Just because their dynamic is simple and easy to follow doesn’t mean they have nothing to offer.

Likewise; them being ‘overshadowed’ has nothing to do with their simple relationship permutations. It has to do with shifting the focus away from those permutations and adding new ones instead.

Who said anything about distracting? Kairi isn't a distraction, is a companion, whatever experience Sora makes she would share and contribute, not steal. Donald didn't steal Halloween Town's themes and atmosphere, even with his amazing getup.

That’s probably because Donald is an actual good character.

Kairi doesn’t need experience, Sora does. He’s the link between the player and the Disney worlds, therefore whatever he “experiences” is meant to be felt by the player. Kairi sharing those experiences would, by extension, be “stealing” from Sora/the player/the game because there is no emotional investment for the player in regards to Kairi. All it does is distract from the things the players actually care about.

This is all because she’s just a poorly written character. The same would apply if she were to join Sora in any of the worlds, but especially 100 Acre Woods since that’s meant to exclusively be a solo Sora journey.

I truly don't get this mindset that other characters (Kairi) preventing Sora from being featured prominently on 99% of the game would be a bad thing.

No, "generic weeb anime character" is a slur. Clearly you didn't mean that in a positive light.

I didn’t mean “lack of character development” in a positive light either, so...

Lmfao.

despite how many haters he got over the years, I still don't think Sora needs to be defended quite like Kairi when people bash on his lack of characterization.

Probably because he doesn’t have anywhere near the same amount of haters, lol.

To further emphasize my previous answer.
"Too bad Kairi has been given no reasons to shine" Gee I wonder why that is, when people like you are clearly so supportive in that regard and aren't coming up with "she'd ruin the atmosphere" pretenses.
I don't think there's any question to be begged here, you literally described what being hopeful means: that things will be better despite previous mistakes.

Except that’s not what ‘hopeful’ means, lol.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/hopeful
causing you to believe that something desired will happen:

There is nothing causing anyone to believe Kairi will suddenly be a well developed character by simply being in Pooh World.

Kairi started so strong. I loved her in KH1.

You’d be in the minority.

Again, things change. They vary and evolve

Except when it comes to Sora’s relationship with Pooh, right?

especially if it means preventing 30 games where Sora does the same things over and over.
In 100 Acre Woods I read a lot of themes: friendship, peace, joy, fun, childhood.
"Sora don't you dare bring someone else here or the very essence of our world will crumble, you must visit us in exile and solitude" was not one of them.

That, quite literally, was one of them.

Donald literally prevented Riku from coming with Sora to other worlds due to their world order.

You talk about themes of that world, when I know Pooh and the gang would be estatic to meet Sora's friends.
So much for Kairi being "factually antithetical".

Thematic continuity =/= Pooh meeting Sora’s friends.

If that was the case, why not bring Pooh to Sora’s world at Destiny Islands then? Have him meet all of Sora’s friends instead.

Except not really, since you are clearly gatekeeping her with some arbitrary decisions and irrational fears you made up.

Concerns with characterisation and thematic/artistic integrity are not arbitrary or irrational.

Nor are they made up, since most of the community feels the same way and it’s supported by countless direct exemplifications and substantive arguments.

Let's analyze this one last time. You're against Kairi in Pooh's world because apparently that would prevent... I dunno, Pooh from getting honey from Sora and thanking him for it, I guess.

Because it would be thematically incongruent with the already-established world, yes.

Then I guess she's supposed to just waltz in and fight a Nort like it's nothing? That would be better? You can't exactly come and tell me "she should do her own thing somewhere else" when these are the premises. Pooh is one of the lightest worlds in terms of themes and weight,

Except it really isn’t.

The Pooh World holds a lot of weight, more so than a lot of the other worlds, because the themes in it actually feel tangible regardless of how simple they are.

perfect to help players getting more accustomed with a character that hasn't seen light very often.
You guys just don't want Kairi, at least be honest about it.

Not in any Disney worlds, no.

And second sentence I'd like to frame. It's chilling to see what your perception of Kairi is: a character that wasn't well utilized before, so it's good to keep her locked away because of that, and a walking, living "risk" that we need to keep at bay or she would destroy all the which we hold dear.
I just hope you don't treat actual people this way. Some do.

You’re conflating real life with literary techniques and ludonarrative consistency in video games.

Who admitted anything like that. I just think they shoved her aside, I think Kairi is a perfectly adequate character.
YOU are the one saying she's awful, and after this last post I'm pretty sure you're just yet another one who just bashes on Kairi thinking she's the worst thing ever (or just a troll, whichever it is)
I mean, you do keep alternating between Kairi having an awful characterization and not having one at all, that's usually how one spots a hater.

Again. Reading comprehension.

I never said Kairi had no characterisation.

I said Kairi has awful characterisation because she has zero defined character traits.

Awards
Yeah he is out of arguments already

- Coming from the guy who made no rebuttal.

No one? Speak for yourself. There are plenty of people, myself included, who want more Kairi.

There is not a single casual KH fan that wants more Kairi.

That is a literal, definitive fact.

You are clearly not part of the group I was referring to.

She has plenty of potential that hasn’t been used yet

That’s a really long way of just saying she’s a bad character...

And you still failed to make sense of the paradox that people want to see more from Kairi yet don’t. Try again.

Wtf does that have to do with me? Lmfao.

Why don’t you ask “the people who want to see more of Kairi, yet don’t” that question?

I made it pretty clear I’m part of the latter group...

I think the only way to make sense of that is if you want to see more of her only if she is used well, but you’d rather not see her if she isn’t going to be implemented well.

No shit? Lol.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Honestly, we have enough people here with shitty attitudes who love the series. I cannot possibly see the appeal in any of this for a casual fan. So I gotta ask everyone to take a deep breath and really, like, look at what you're arguing about.

Then I'll reopen the thread.

Perkilator

Awards
Hey, Darkos. I decided to sort of quote you and change my signature, sort of like Zip did. That quote has so much truth to it, it’s not even funny.

Awards
Hey, Darkos. I decided to sort of quote you and change my signature, sort of like Zip did. That quote has so much truth to it, it’s not even funny.

Guess I shouldn’t be surprised...

Conflating literary techniques with KH lore is THE trademark of a KH fanboy afterall...

And still no rebuttal from Darkos...welp.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Thanks! By the way, do you know if there’s a Report button? We need to get this guy off the site.

I already did on the thread, and Dandelion called him out.
At this point I'd say we just ignore him, unless he comes back with a different attitude.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
That or the Piglet or Tigger movie. So underrated. The Trigger movie is heartbreakingly good.
I love these films especially The Tigger Movie, and I wouldn't mind seeing some elements of the film be implemented in 100 Acre Wood world. Of course, I remain ambivalent given that the snow areas when the Avalanche occurred might be too similar to the snow areas from Arendelle, which is why Nomura wants to make the Disney worlds feel diverse from each other without having the same similar designs and/or aesthetics.

I'm hoping they can make some of the Pooh characters a little scragglier and fuzzier. They were always a little too smooth in the games.
Well if they can make the Hercules characters (especially Hades) look as close to how they looked in the film then I can bet we may see the same thing for the Winnie the Pooh characters especially with more stitches and details applied to them in Unreal Engine 4.
00f34276730dc78b57e802806f81a6fe.png

latest

Winnie-the-Pooh-ve-Christopher-Robin-1.jpg

Winnie-the-Pooh-Crew.jpg

orig

I mean they actually gave Hades the smoke effects that appear under his robe this time, which were originally from the movie and merchandising but were largely absent in the previous KH games.

Hades Before:
maxresdefault.jpg

latest

Hades now since KH3:
DZgOGaSVoAAmCvM.jpg

search

18789fb609a82122b8e28f3c224334c23a10bb17_hq.gif

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Quality post, friendo! Very cool detail about Hades' robe.

The newer Pooh movies don't have those rough pencil lines. :(

Awards
KH Fans: “um actually, A LOT of people care about the story and original characters in Kingdom Hearts! You’re the one who seems to be in the minority, as you can tell by this forum LOL”

Also KH Fans:
do you know if there’s a Report button? We need to get this guy off the site.

Gee, I wonder why it seems that way...

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I love these films especially The Tigger Movie, and I wouldn't mind seeing some elements of the film be implemented in 100 Acre Wood world. Of course, I remain ambivalent given that the snow areas when the Avalanche occurred might be too similar to the snow areas from Arendelle, which is why Nomura wants to make the Disney worlds feel diverse from each other without having the same similar designs and/or aesthetics.

Well if they can make the Hercules characters (especially Hades) look as close to how they looked in the film then I can bet we may see the same thing for the Winnie the Pooh characters especially with more stitches and details applied to them in Unreal Engine 4.
00f34276730dc78b57e802806f81a6fe.png

latest

Winnie-the-Pooh-ve-Christopher-Robin-1.jpg

Winnie-the-Pooh-Crew.jpg

orig

I mean they actually gave Hades the smoke effects that appear under his robe this time, which were originally from the movie and merchandising but were largely absent in the previous KH games.

Hades Before:
maxresdefault.jpg

latest

Hades now since KH3:
DZgOGaSVoAAmCvM.jpg

search

18789fb609a82122b8e28f3c224334c23a10bb17_hq.gif
Oh wow! I hadn’t even noticed the smoke coming from his robe! This game keeps impressing me. Thanks for pointing that out! I also love how his hair leaves behind those little flames when he moves. I don’t think that really happened in the other games.

Leaferian

Awards
Is this thread even real? Lmao.

I am pretty excited about all the little touches they're adding to characters like Hades. I had noticed the smoke, but not the trail of flames his head leaves!

Gosh, as far as Pooh's world goes I would love to see some Christopher Robin. Sadly, I think they'll probably end up leaving him out. Not for any particular reason, just a sinking feeling.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Every time over the years that I've suggested Sora letting Christopher Robin take his place at the end of III, I'm almost instantly met with a chorus of "BUT SORA IS THE CHRISTOPHER ROBIN OF KH."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back