• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Winnie the Pooh confirmed to be in KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
For the love of god, PLEASE DON’T bring Kairi or any of those other generic weeb anime characters into the Pooh World.

What makes the 100 Acre Woods so special is that they’re meant to be complete distractions from the god awful main story. It’s a place to chill and not be reminded of anything outside Sora’s core adventure with Donald and Goofy.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
For the love of god, PLEASE DON’T bring Kairi or any of those other generic weeb anime characters into the Pooh World.

What makes the 100 Acre Woods so special is that they’re meant to be complete distractions from the god awful main story. It’s a place to chill and not be reminded of anything outside Sora’s core adventure with Donald and Goofy.

Man, I pity the fool who can't enjoy the crossover element of KH. I get that they've mishandled the balance of OC and Disney, having left the latter high and dry on handheld titles, but isn't KH at it's best when it unapologetically mashes the two together in sweet harmonic dissonance?

Go watch a Disney movie if you don't like OC's. Likewise, go watch Naruto if you don't like Disney. We're here to see Sephiroth acknowledge Goofy's existence and listen to Chop and Dale talk about transfering Ansem's memory to data.

Awards
Man, I pity the fool who can't enjoy the crossover element of KH. I get that they've mishandled the balance of OC and Disney, having left the latter high and dry on handheld titles, but isn't KH at it's best when it unapologetically mashes the two together in sweet harmonic dissonance?

It is!

But I don’t see what bringing Kairi to a Pooh world has anything to do with that...

That mesh of Disney charm and Square nonsense still has to make thematic sense at the end of the day to make it enjoyable.

Go watch a Disney movie if you don't like OC's. Likewise, go watch Naruto if you don't like Disney.

There are plenty high-budget Naruto games on the market.

Not really many AAA Toy Story games around though...which is why Kingdom Hearts is so successful since it fills that void.

We're here to see Sephiroth acknowledge Goofy's existence and listen to Chop and Dale talk about transfering Ansem's memory to data.

I agree! Those are literally my favorite parts of the series as well.

Launchpad

Awards
It is!

But I don’t see what bringing Kairi to a Pooh world has anything to do with that...

That mesh of Disney charm and Square nonsense still has to make thematic sense at the end of the day to make it enjoyable.

There are plenty high-budget Naruto games on the market.

Not really many AAA Toy Story games around though...which is why Kingdom Hearts is so successful since it fills that void.

I agree! Those are literally my favorite parts of the series as well.

The Sora and Kairi going to 100 Acre Wood scenario is a great suggestion because it's a wonderfully wholesome space for Sora and Kairi to spend some time being kids. They've basically been robbed almost 2 years of friendship. If KH3 is strapping in for maximum SoKai, 100 Acre Wood is prime real estate for some cute character development and reestablishing of their relationship, completely free of cosmic stakes and convoluted machinations.

Luckily things can't get too uncharacteristically romantic if Tigger is around waiting to pounce on Sora.

Awards
The Sora and Kairi going to 100 Acre Wood scenario is a great suggestion because it's a wonderfully wholesome space for Sora and Kairi to spend some time being kids. They've basically been robbed almost 2 years of friendship. If KH3 is strapping in for maximum SoKai, 100 Acre Wood is prime real estate for some cute character development and reestablishing of their relationship, completely free of cosmic stakes and convoluted machinations.

100 Acre Woods is meant to emphasise the personal link between Sora and the Pooh gang. Having a third party, wether it’s Donald/Goofy, or a generic anime waifu with literally zero defined character traits, would ruin it because it would take the focus away from the relationships that are specific to that world.

SoKai can happen in any other world and it would still make sense; an endgame Destiny Islands where you can just chill with Riku, Kairi etc would be perfect for the scenario you suggested instead of taking the spotlight away from an already established Disney World.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
100 Acre Woods is meant to emphasise the personal link between Sora and the Pooh gang. Having a third party, wether it’s Donald/Goofy, or a generic anime waifu with literally zero defined character traits, would ruin it because it would take the focus away from the relationships that are specific to that world.

SoKai can happen in any other world and it would still make sense; an endgame Destiny Islands where you can just chill with Riku, Kairi etc would be perfect for the scenario you suggested instead of taking the spotlight away from an already established Disney World.

I disagree. We’ve had three games to focus on Sora’s relationships with Pooh and the gang. I think it’s time to change it up. One of the ideas being presented in Disney’s Christopher Robin movie next month is the Pooh gang meeting Christopher’s family. Even though I highly doubt the world will be based on the film, it could share a similar idea where they meet someone from the real world who is important to Sora. It would be a good way to change up the character dynamics and, like Launchpad said, give Sora and Kairi time together away from Donald, Goofy, and the others.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Shipping aside, Kairi really needs to interact with some Disney characters. And unless she crosses paths with Sora I don't see that happening while she is with Lea. 100 Acre Woods is ideal because it is set in her homeworld and it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that SRK would meet there at the same time(like TAV a decade ago)

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Yes, because 100 Acre Woods characters are so complex and profound we need 3-4 games dedicated to deepening the bond just-as-complex Sora has with them.
God forbids we don't jump around with Tigger a bit more, how else am I supposed to know they are friends?

Aside from the fact that I think you might be a tad biased about Kairi considering the amount of demeaning slurs you give her, as I always say: a character can only grow if given reasons to shine. We can't complain about Kairi's lack of screentime and characterization if we gatekeep her on a shelf on the basis that "she would just ruin everything".

Giving Sora a companion would be a good incentive to make Pooh's Book fresh and original, since as I said there isn't really all that to it.
I loved it in both KH games, I will sure love it again in KH III even if it's just Sora again, but I still think having another one would be even better.
And it would suit Kairi, a character people still have troubles accepting MAY fight an opponent or two, develop more sides to her personality.

Shipping aside, Kairi really needs to interact with some Disney characters. And unless she crosses paths with Sora I don't see that happening while she is with Lea. 100 Acre Woods is ideal because it is set in her homeworld and it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that SRK would meet there at the same time(like TAV a decade ago)

Didn't even think about that, I love this idea even more.

Awards
Yes, because 100 Acre Woods characters are so complex and profound

They’re not.

That’s...precisely why they’re actually good: because they aren’t needlessly and pretentiously complex/convoluted like the entire cast of original KH characters sans Sora.

we need 3-4 games dedicated to deepening the bond just-as-complex Sora has with them.
God forbids we don't jump around with Tigger a bit more, how else am I supposed to know they are friends?

They aren’t friends because they get to jump around with Tigger, they’re friends because they’ve established a deep bond through their shared experiences of being outcasts in their own world. When Sora’s restoring Pooh’s world, he’s instilling this sense of trust with the Pooh gang and Sora himself acts as the Christopher Robins-type character; acting as the mediator of their world.

Having Kairi there to literally distract Sora would be factually antithetical to the themes established in the Pooh world.

Aside from the fact that I think you might be a tad biased about Kairi considering the amount of demeaning slurs you give her

”Lack of character development” isn’t a slur.

But by your logic; you slurred Pooh and Sora so I guess you’re “biased” against them, right?

as I always say: a character can only grow if given reasons to shine.

What? Lol.

Well then too bad Kairi has been given no reasons to shine...which begs the question why would you be hopeful that her being in a Pooh world would give her reasons to shine if the writers couldn’t do that with 7 whole games prior to begin with...

We can't complain about Kairi's lack of screentime and characterization if we gatekeep her on a shelf on the basis that "she would just ruin everything".

Yes we can because the characterisation she has received is terrible.

There is no “lack” of characterisation in her case. Just lack of good characterisation.

Giving Sora a companion would be a good incentive to make Pooh's Book fresh and original, since as I said there isn't really all that to it.

Again, the whole ‘companion’ idea is completely antithetical to the themes that were established in 100 Acre Woods.

Much less a terribly written one...

I loved it in both KH games, I will sure love it again in KH III even if it's just Sora again, but I still think having another one would be even better.
And it would suit Kairi, a character people still have troubles accepting MAY fight an opponent or two, develop more sides to her personality.

She can develop more sides to her personality without risking the possibility of becoming a detriment to an already established world...which...as we’ve established is a pretty high risk seeing how, even by your own admission, the writers couldn’t find a single way to give her reasons to grow in the previous 7 games.

mytomxxx

Do you even like Kingdom Hearts?

Awards
I disagree. We’ve had three games to focus on Sora’s relationships with Pooh and the gang. I think it’s time to change it up.

“We’ve had 3 games to focus on main protagonist’s relationship with characters. I think it’s time to change things up.”

We’ve also had Sora interacting with Riku for 7 games, right? Yeah, let’s just change it up a bit and have every scene with Sora and Riku feature Darth Vader and basically just let that be the focal relationship instead cause...y’know...character dynamics can’t evolve, right? Let’s just shift focus entirely, that’ll help keep things fresh!

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
If this world will be present, I want CHRISTOPHER ROBIN!

mytomxxx

As a person who cares about the story, and care even more about the characters I would love to see them toguether at Acre Wood. Acre Wood for me is not a place to distract of the awful main story, actually is a place that strenghts all the context. Acre Wood is part of all the worlds which is at risk of being destroyed, and one more world Sora makes friends and care to save them.

For character development, I would love to see Kairi being smart and funny as she was at the beginning of KH1. Acre Wood make a perfect location to this happen, a fun place where you can see SoKai having fun. Not that i wouldn't like to see kairi being more active, and dealing with situations that show us more about her strong side. But Acre Wood is a world we would see the beautiful relationship between Sora and Kairi with such cute chars as Pooh and the gang, and giving time to Kairi create relationships as well.

In the end, they being there would make the whole story about saving the world more vivid. But this is because we care about the characters and their relationship, We care if they die or suffer. If you dont I doubt this would make sense to you, cause you only want to see the Disney chars acting. But KH is about the main chars in the vast sky with many worlds.

Besides that, Pooh and the gang would have another character to interact with, would make them different of the other games who had only Sora. I mean, pooh meet Sora and forgot him and meet again, now Pooh if Kairi is there can be interacting with new stuff as well as Sora.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
They’re not.

That’s...precisely why they’re actually good: because they aren’t needlessly and pretentiously complex/convoluted like the entire cast of original KH characters sans Sora.

So Kairi has zero defined character traits, but is also convoluted. Also "pretentiously" so.
Interesting.

Hi, it's Darkos from the future, I just finished reading your entire post and how you keep repeating Kairi has no good characterization and I too find your claim she also has zero defined character traits interesting.

They aren’t friends because they get to jump around with Tigger, they’re friends because they’ve established a deep bond through their shared experiences of being outcasts in their own world. When Sora’s restoring Pooh’s world, he’s instilling this sense of trust with the Pooh gang and Sora himself acts as the Christopher Robins-type character; acting as the mediator of their world.

Oof.
Sure you aren't reading too much into mindless minigame fun, bud?
They're friends because I don't even think Pooh and the gang can even conceive the idea of not befriending anything that walks and breathes.
And that's not a complaint, they're supposed to be simple like that. Which is exactly why they already gave all they could offer and any revisit would be more of the same, and why any relationship they formed with Sora is under no peril of being "overshadowed" or anything like that.

Having Kairi there to literally distract Sora would be factually antithetical to the themes established in the Pooh world.

Who said anything about distracting? Kairi isn't a distraction, is a companion, whatever experience Sora makes she would share and contribute, not steal. Donald didn't steal Halloween Town's themes and atmosphere, even with his amazing getup.
I truly don't get this mindset that other characters (Kairi) preventing Sora from being featured prominently on 99% of the game would be a bad thing.

”Lack of character development” isn’t a slur.

But by your logic; you slurred Pooh and Sora so I guess you’re “biased” against them, right?

No, "generic weeb anime character" is a slur. Clearly you didn't mean that in a positive light. Well, weeb is even by itself.
I haven't said anything like that, and even if I did (kinda saw this reply coming): despite how many haters he got over the years, I still don't think Sora needs to be defended quite like Kairi when people bash on his lack of characterization.

What? Lol.

Well then too bad Kairi has been given no reasons to shine...which begs the question why would you be hopeful that her being in a Pooh world would give her reasons to shine if the writers couldn’t do that with 7 whole games prior to begin with...

To further emphasize my previous answer.
"Too bad Kairi has been given no reasons to shine" Gee I wonder why that is, when people like you are clearly so supportive in that regard and aren't coming up with "she'd ruin the atmosphere" pretenses.
I don't think there's any question to be begged here, you literally described what being hopeful means: that things will be better despite previous mistakes.
Also because I enjoy seeing characters being used properly and not locked away in fear they somehow destroy everything by doing what a character does, interacting.

Yes we can because the characterisation she has received is terrible.

There is no “lack” of characterisation in her case. Just lack of good characterisation.

Kairi started so strong. I loved her in KH1.
Also, more of this "people messed up before" like that's supposed to seal the deal.
I'm curious, what happens when you don't succeed first try at something? Do you just avoid that something for your entire life because the effort you gave it was terrible?
That's the opposite of progress.

Also man I want to frame your first sentence for how awful it sounds

Again, the whole ‘companion’ idea is completely antithetical to the themes that were established in 100 Acre Woods.

Again, things change. They vary and evolve, especially if it means preventing 30 games where Sora does the same things over and over.
In 100 Acre Woods I read a lot of themes: friendship, peace, joy, fun, childhood.
"Sora don't you dare bring someone else here or the very essence of our world will crumble, you must visit us in exile and solitude" was not one of them.
You talk about themes of that world, when I know Pooh and the gang would be estatic to meet Sora's friends.
So much for Kairi being "factually antithetical".

She can develop more sides to her personality without risking the possibility of becoming a detriment to an already established world

Except not really, since you are clearly gatekeeping her with some arbitrary decisions and irrational fears you made up. How long until somebody says your same points about her being in Frozen? Or San Fransokyo? Or the final battle?

Let's analyze this one last time. You're against Kairi in Pooh's world because apparently that would prevent... I dunno, Pooh from getting honey from Sora and thanking him for it, I guess. Then I guess she's supposed to just waltz in and fight a Nort like it's nothing? That would be better? You can't exactly come and tell me "she should do her own thing somewhere else" when these are the premises. Pooh is one of the lightest worlds in terms of themes and weight, perfect to help players getting more accustomed with a character that hasn't seen light very often.
You guys just don't want Kairi, at least be honest about it.

And second sentence I'd like to frame. It's chilling to see what your perception of Kairi is: a character that wasn't well utilized before, so it's good to keep her locked away because of that, and a walking, living "risk" that we need to keep at bay or she would destroy all the which we hold dear.
I just hope you don't treat actual people this way. Some do.

...which...as we’ve established is a pretty high risk seeing how, even by your own admission, the writers couldn’t find a single way to give her reasons to grow in the previous 7 games.

Who admitted anything like that. I just think they shoved her aside, I think Kairi is a perfectly adequate character.
YOU are the one saying she's awful, and after this last post I'm pretty sure you're just yet another one who just bashes on Kairi thinking she's the worst thing ever (or just a troll, whichever it is)
I mean, you do keep alternating between Kairi having an awful characterization and not having one at all, that's usually how one spots a hater.

Launchpad

Awards
Damn this thread has me taking off all my rings and tossing them to the side.

There are plenty of characters who I feel have never been used well, but I'm excited for everything in KH3 because it feels like everything is being handled more interestingly and with more care-- like Eraqus. Lame and boring in BBS, but I'm intrigued by his Drake Bell youth and history.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I am willfully spending the winter of my 20s on this board. Watching conversations like this unfold.

Awards
So people want Kairi to do more and have screentime, yet at the same time they dont? Wut?

This...really isn’t hard to understand.

No one wants more screentime for Kairi because the screentime she has been given did nothing to make us yearn for more.

Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back