• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is this hate for Kairi alone upset me?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I was hoping Xion could get an interest in science and study under Ansem the Wise. It would be a good redemption arc for them and help Xion stand out from the others.

That could be interesting, have her be a bit more science-y and curious about her orgins. Maybe even try and expand on her own replica powers.

People tend to overlook it because it feels less like a hobby. It serves a utilitarian concern as everyone still writes letters/emails outside of wanting to be a writer.

True, though in Kairi's case it seems to also be a bit of an outlet. She also seems to try and connect with people with her writing, not unlike Namine with her art.
Though I don't see Kairi as a fantasy or creative writer and more of a writer that uses it as a way to process and digest thoughts and feelings

The problem is not that she could handle it or not. Before they gather at Yen Sid's tower she just got 2 cutscenes i think which make her absent for a long portion of the game. Sora not even mentioning her during his travel doesn't help with that either.

It also just seems like the thing to do, if you meet someone that's in contact with a close friend you havent seen in awhile and can't contact. Just a simple "How is she?"

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Actually, Kairi can draw and write. Compared to Sora's crappy cave drawing, Kairi's is very well done for a 4 year old. Namine's art seems to be a combination of Sora's crappy drawing but Kairi's creativity or something...

For example. Namine really sucks at drawing people, but the colors are always fantastic. And her architecture drawings??? Those are usually bombtastic compared to any people she draws.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Actually, Kairi can draw and writing. Compared to Sora's crappy cave drawing, Kairi's is very well done for a 4 year old. Namine's art seems to be a combination of Sora's crappy drawing but Kairi's creativity or something...

For example. Namine really sucks at drawing people, but the colors are always fantastic. And her architecture drawings??? Those are usually bombtastic compared to any people she draws.

Maybe she draws people the way she sees them? Her connection to people could result in her seeing them a different way?

All that talk of Xion and science has now made me immediately jump to Ienzo/Xion shipping :|

D

Deleted member 246005

That could be interesting, have her be a bit more science-y and curious about her orgins. Maybe even try and expand on her own replica powers.

True, though in Kairi's case it seems to also be a bit of an outlet. She also seems to try and connect with people with her writing, not unlike Namine with her art.
Though I don't see Kairi as a fantasy or creative writer and more of a writer that uses it as a way to process and digest thoughts and feelings

It also just seems like the thing to do, if you meet someone that's in contact with a close friend you havent seen in a while and can't contact. Just a simple "How is she?"
I thought about Xion exploring the Data realm more thoroughly. It becomes a real realm with its own areas and inhabitants/enemies.

Maybe she should be the one doing the in-game reports?

Last edited by a moderator:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I thought about Xion exploring the Data realm more thoroughly. It becomes a real realm with its own areas and inhabitants/enemies.

Maybe she should be the one doing the in-game reports?

Side games should be:
Kairi/Riku/Mickey search for way to bring Sora back

Terra/Aqua/Ven investigate the black box

Roxas/Axel/Xion delve into the data-worlds to access lost Ansem The Wise data about Girl X

In each game, you can swap between the characters and it's treated more like a RPG with more detail on characters' unique abilities to help differentiate them. Namine serves as the journal keeper and also a telepathic link between the three groups.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Side games should be:

Roxas/Axel/Xion delve into the data-worlds to access lost Ansem The Wise data about Girl X

In each game, you can swap between the characters and it's treated more like a RPG with more detail on characters' unique abilities to help differentiate them. Namine serves as the journal keeper and also a telepathic link between the three groups.

That sounds like a nice set of games. That could spotlight each of the teams equally. This way all these concepts can also be fleshed out and developed before being utilized in the next SDG KH game.

While I like Naminé being mission control coordinating each team, i figure she'd use their gummiphones for that.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
Side games should be:

Those are some hype ideas. I don't think people would complain about a lack of KH4 if we got those. Now I'm hoping for announcement like we got in 2007 where we got Days, BBS and Coded all announced at once.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Side games should be:

Certainly a neat idea.

The first group could also hopefully get into contact with the TWEWY-gang and finally give Kairi some interactions and bonding with characters that aren't Sora. Especially Riku comes to mind but her interacting with Neku & co. or the King would also be a neat concept.

The second group could have also several things going on beside just the black box alone considering that during the ending Ventus got his Chirithy back and Lauriam, Elrena, Luxord and Demyx are implied to return as full people eventually and they are tied to the mysteries of that era just like Ven.
Regarding Ven's memories of the distant past it is also a possibility that the Wayfinder Group will have to turn to Naminé directly if she retains her memory powers.

The third group would obviously also include Isa as he was the one to bring up the whole Subject X subplot in the first place. Needless to say that if Subject X turns out to be Skuld after all the road of the Twilight Group will eventually converge with the one of the Wayfinder Group.

As AdrianXXII says, for connection and information exchange between the three partys certainly the gummi phone would be used as the part where Jiminy states they prepared one for everyone in Team Light wasn't there for nothing, but Naminé taking the role of mission control and bringing together the information and results from every party would still be a neat way to include her.

I also bet she would do things a dozen times better than Yen Sid.

The question where Naminé sets up her "command post" could also be an interesting endeavour considering who she could have for assistance and possibly further interactions to boost her self-worth more.

If she resides in Twilight Town, she could have HPO + possibly Scrooge and Cifer's gang for assistance, in Disney Castle she could have Chip & Dale, Minnie and Daisy while at Radiant Garden she could have Leon & the gang if they finally decide to bring them back + Ienzo and the other apprentices.

D

Deleted member 246005

My Xion idea isn't meant to be apart of the foreteller saga. Just something more standalone and down the road. It could be a good subplot tho.

I feel like Isa should be the Main Character of a spinoff in which the sea salt seven start looking for Mystery Girl X. He's the one who wants to find her the most. Granted Lea might be be a better perspective because he's more grounded.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Certainly a neat idea.

The first group could also hopefully get into contact with the TWEWY-gang and finally give Kairi some interactions and bonding with characters that aren't Sora. Especially Riku comes to mind but her interacting with Neku & co. or the King would also be a neat concept.

The second group could have also several things going on beside just the black box alone considering that during the ending Ventus got his Chirithy back and Lauriam, Elrena, Luxord and Demyx are implied to return as full people eventually and they are tied to the mysteries of that era just like Ven.
Regarding Ven's memories of the distant past it is also a possibility that the Wayfinder Group will have to turn to Naminé directly if she retains her memory powers.

The third group would obviously also include Isa as he was the one to bring up the whole Subject X subplot in the first place. Needless to say that if Subject X turns out to be Skuld after all the road of the Twilight Group will eventually converge with the one of the Wayfinder Group.

I feel like these would make some really good games. Let's just hope Nomura is thinking a long the same lines. There could also be some minor crossover between these games if they all take place durring the same time.

These games could also offer people some of the story beats they had been hoping for in KH3, regarding these characters.

As AdrianXXII says, for connection and information exchange between the three partys certainly the gummi phone would be used as the part where Jiminy states they prepared one for everyone in Team Light wasn't there for nothing, but Naminé taking the role of mission control and bringing together the information and results from every party would still be a neat way to include her.

I also bet she would do things a dozen times better than Yen Sid.

My only fear is that if she takes over for Yen Sid, she might develop the bad habit of withholding information for arbitrary reasons.

The question where Naminé sets up her "command post" could also be an interesting endeavour considering who she could have for assistance and possibly further interactions to boost her self-worth more.

If she resides in Twilight Town, she could have HPO + possibly Scrooge and Cifer's gang for assistance, in Disney Castle she could have Chip & Dale, Minnie and Daisy while at Radiant Garden she could have Leon & the gang if they finally decide to bring them back + Ienzo and the other apprentices.

Personally I would prefer her to be in Twilight Town. I feel having peers of similar age and a town to walk to, that she kind of knows, could be good for her.

Though the advantage of Disney Castle and Radient Garden is she'd have mentors to help ease her into the role. Though it's nothing they cant do over the Gummi phone.

I feel like Isa should be the Main Character of a spinoff in which the sea salt seven start looking for Mystery Girl X. He's the one who wants to find her the most. Granted Lea might be be a better perspective because he's more grounded.

I feel Lea is the better choice for a protag, a lot of people are still on the fence with Isa. Personally I don't quite forgive him yet, but him being a main supporting character could do a lot to make him more likeable for me.

Askelon

Side games should be:

That would be nice! Except i expect more Isa and Lea being the main characters of the "search for the girl"-game. Ansem SoD was also looking for some clue about her so maybe he will make a cameo.

D

Deleted member 246005

Roxas and Xion could work as Lea's Donald and Goofy.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Side games should be:

My main issue is the latter 2 lack Disney main characters. My bois Donald and Goofy would probably want to be involved in something for starters lol. But I keep thinking of the idea of other Mickey Mouse and Friends characters, Minnie being the standout, actually being party members for some of these other characters so it isn't just more of the lonely anime protags wandering around like half the handheld games were.

Though I guess at least most of them getting world specific Disney party members would...suffice to break up that.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
My main issue is the latter 2 lack Disney main characters. My bois Donald and Goofy would probably want to be involved in something for starters lol. But I keep thinking of the idea of other Mickey Mouse and Friends characters, Minnie being the standout, actually being party members for some of these other characters so it isn't just more of the lonely anime protags wandering around like half the handheld games were.

Though I guess at least most of them getting world specific Disney party members would...suffice to break up that.

I feel like Donald and Goofy should be reserved for titled games only (IE adventures with Sora). Also I think after KH3, they would resume their post protecting Disney Castle while Mickey is gone. I envision them showing up and teaming up with the parties during their respective games, but probably as a "OMG Donald and Goofy!" moment rather than them being there all the time. I also purposefully left Disney characters out of TAV and RAX's games because those characters never had partners like Mickey/Donald/Goofy.

Isa wouldn't be in the party for RAX because he has no weapon as "Isa" and no fighting abilities. Kind of like how Ienzo definitely cannot take on Sora or Riku as Ienzo. I can see Isa staying back with Ienzo and Viscountess Namine in Radiant Garden.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Even before he obtained a keyblade Lea still had access to his Chakrams. Isa should still be able to fight with his claymore. He is only the odd man out compared to RAX due to not having a keyblade. Though that could change.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I feel like Donald and Goofy should be reserved for titled games only (IE adventures with Sora). Also I think after KH3, they would resume their post protecting Disney Castle while Mickey is gone. I envision them showing up and teaming up with the parties during their respective games, but probably as a "OMG Donald and Goofy!" moment rather than them being there all the time. I also purposefully left Disney characters out of TAV and RAX's games because those characters never had partners like Mickey/Donald/Goofy.

Isa wouldn't be in the party for RAX because he has no weapon as "Isa" and no fighting abilities. Kind of like how Ienzo definitely cannot take on Sora or Riku as Ienzo. I can see Isa staying back with Ienzo and Viscountess Namine in Radiant Garden.

Yeah I'd have them bench warm a bit for these games building up to "kh4" as well. Though them being the party members for Kairi and co. at the final world could work nicely. They'd be there when things get serious and they find Sora.

With the other trios i could see them have these big moments wherre they show up help and then leave the story again. They'd kind of function as Naminé's support or back up team assisting any field team that needs help.

Excuse me but Isa is a master at snark.

Yeah, his snark and disses are known to obliterate whole armies, him getting a actual weapon seems unnecessary.

Even before he obtained a keyblade Lea still had access to his Chakrams. Isa should still be able to fight with his claymore. He is only the odd man out compared to RAX due to not having a keyblade. Though that could change.

I think I'd prefer him keeping his claymore. We're now really reachung the point where almost all KH original characters are getting keyblades.

Nukara

Awards
I wonder what style of battle Kairi used in the battle with Saix?

Back