• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is this a joke hope?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
There was a leak that Nomura would leave SE this year, is that true?

Attachments

• wCEZtRiIEyM.jpg
    wCEZtRiIEyM.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 29
  • aK6dHR0q3Fc.jpg
    aK6dHR0q3Fc.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 27

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
One would think there would be more of an effort to have KH3/UX be definitive conclusions than setting up future sagas he won't be part of.

okhi12

Awards
Nah, he will stick to Square Enix at least until his beloved ideas for Versus XIII are reborn as Verum Rex, he can't let go of that obsession he has. No way he's leaving, unless there's a very important reason.
Even if he was to leave SE that wouldn't mean the end of KH. He could still collaborate with SE just like Nobuo Uematsu does. Or join Disney instead, they own KH after all (not a chance, I know).

I wouldn't believe any of this unless there's an official confirmation.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I wouldn't believe it until I see a official announcement. And like Tanaka; you'd prolly hear the company say something about "terminal illness" if they did. (That seems to be JP speak that someone has been fired. When someone's let go in Japan, they usually say something about a illness. Tanaka tho; they said he had a terminal one, which seemed to be a lie since he ended up making his own company. So I can read the writing on the wall here looking back.)

Since I don't see anything about him being sick, he's prolly fine.

OneDandelion

Awards
Crazy to think, he's been at SE for a long time and I'd like to believe he'd want to see KH completed, but after KH3 it's actually hard for me to tell if he still cares or if he's being seriously stifled in creating this series. Either way, it would be sad news for the KH community. We all know what happened to game of thrones when the story was given to someone else to direct, and at this point I really would like a satisfying conclusion to this story.

ZeVaine

Awards
Would seem really weird that he's directing all these projects, and setting up all these future games if there fear of his leaving/removal from the company.

Then again, Kojima didn't exactly see it coming either, so who knows.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I would think he'd stay long enough to finish the VII remake. I don't think he cares so much about KH.

UO, but I almost wonder if it wouldn't be a good thing for KH? Who knows. I'd rather he stayed in control of it, although there's the chance someone more passionate about the series could improve it in some ways.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nah, Nomura isn’t going anywhere and they certainly wouldn’t fire the guy who 1) made their bestseller of 2019 and 2) is making their next bestseller for this year. They would placate him by sending him off to different events again like they did after the XV fiasco.

legacier

Awards
A tweet about a deleted tweet about a 4chan post is not what I would call solid evidence. And this is the first I'm hearing about any rumors, so I don't know where this guy got that idea. And anyway, he has about 300 followers, so... not exactly authoritative. And I hope I don't need to tell you that 4chan posters are also not authoritative.

"FF7R is delayed" to "Nomura's getting fired" is a huge leap in logic, and as the tweet says, there's nothing that actually supports it. I wouldn't take this seriously at all.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
They have mastered cloning and now have a dozen Nomura replicas working on about 45 different games at once. The original has outlived his usefulness and must be silenced.

Back