• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Is there anything that you hope gets licensed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Esso

Fire Breaker
Have you come across a series that made you think along the lines of 'Man, I'd totally love to legally own my own physical (or digital) copy for this when I can!' But then you find out that for the moment that it's not available in your own language yet. Yes, yes, I'm fully aware that you can watch streams online or read scanalations, but we're talking about you wanting to support the creators (and also because maybe you just really like the series that much that you want it that much too) here. Would you like to name those series?

Anime:
Hyouka
Madoka Magica film trilogy (I think it's already licensed, just waiting for the physical release)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Nichijou (I love this too much to just settle for Crunchyroll streams)

Manga:
Iris Zero (all my want)
Lucifer & the Biscuit Hammer (all my want)
Silver Spoon
Coppelion (cause I'm really not liking the adaption as much as I'd hoped)
Nichijou (I really hope Yen Press picks this up)
Assasination Classroom
One-Punch Man (as in, manga volumes please)

Oh and those omnibus Jojo collections that Pinwheel mentioned sound pretty darn awesome.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
If Skyhigh, Zetman, Sidooh, and punpun got licensed I'd buy the shit out of the volumes. there's a lot of really good seinen that will probably never be released stateside (though zetman and punpun have been released in a few countries, none of them are in languages i can read plus i'd have to import)

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I'm hoping someone licenses and dubs Smile Pretty Cure, cause... freaking Akaoni, man.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I would love for them to translate Lucifer & The Biscuit Hammer aaaannnnd PunPun.

They've appeased me for awhile with Vinland Saga being released though.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Have you come across a series that made you think along the lines of 'Man, I'd totally love to legally own my own physical (or digital) copy for this when I can!' But then you find out that for the moment that it's not available in your own language yet. Yes, yes, I'm fully aware that you can watch streams online or read scanalations, but we're talking about you wanting to support the creators (and also because maybe you just really like the series that much that you want it that much too) here. Would you like to name those series?

Anime:
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Oh and those omnibus Jojo collections that Pinwheel mentioned sound pretty darn awesome.
That said, there are a couple of interesting aspects to the game’s localization. For one thing, Namco Bandai are working with JoJo publisher Shueisha to make sure that the localized names for the characters fit with Hirohiko Araki’s intentions “while not offending any party”. Additionally, the localized names will be matched to the U.S. and European versions of the recent anime to ensure consistency.

We're not sure who yet, but the anime apparently will be coming to the U.S. and Europe if what the recent news article about the game says is true. So yep, my wet dreams have come true.

Regarding other series though? I'd love to be able to hold a volume of Sun-Ken Rock in my hands. That shit is godlike. And in a similar yet more toned down fashion, Beelzebub. Blows my mind Viz hasn't licensed that series for over here yet.

Viz Media has actually very recently dubbed the anime for release November 5th. I'm sure if it sells well enough they'll consider bringing the manga over as well, just gotta make sure they hear your voice on it.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I don't know if this counts, but I would love for The Breaker to be picked up as an Anime and animated by the guys who did the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles OVAs.

It just looks so good in my head

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I am really hoping Magico gets animated. It's great reading it, but would love to see that wonderful series in color and moving stuff.

Esso

Fire Breaker
We're not sure who yet, but the anime apparently will be coming to the U.S. and Europe if what the recent news article about the game says is true. So yep, my wet dreams have come true.
Fantastic news. Just read it on Siliconera recently. Would you like it dubbed too?
I don't know if this counts, but I would love for The Breaker to be picked up as an Anime and animated by the guys who did the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles OVAs.

It just looks so good in my head
The Breaker anime? OMG Yes.
Considering how fantastic the volume covers are for that series.

Yes please.
*brofist*

I'm happy that Humanity Has Declined is getting released in the States, but I'm pretty dissapointed that it isn't getting dubbed. :(

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Damn straight I want it dubbed. Crispin Freeman for Dio ALL. THE. WAY.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I'm not sure if I would want it dubbed.

Anything that has Tomokazu Sugita voicing a character can never be topped in dub.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Not much considering how little anime/manga I go through nowadays (tho I plan on getting back to my backlog soon)

I would love to get my hands on the Despera graphic novel for the anime that was being made before Nakamura got sick and passed away. It was supposed to be localized the last time I heard, but that was a few years ago and I don't know where things stand at this point.

Also GitS: Arise, but I feel that's a given and only a matter of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back