• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is there a way I can play KH2 Final Mix?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnlockedMemories

I have a Ps2, but I hear that they're not region free. I'm getting a Ps3, but I heard that they're not backward compatible.

So, is there a way I can play this game? I assume it's owning a Japanese Ps2, but do I have any other options?

Dross263

If you live in Europe, then you're screwed because KH2FM+ was only released in NTSC (duh...!) but if you're from NA or any other country you should be able to play it.

And the PS3 Fat was backward compatible, the new Slim PS3 wasn't. So if you have a Fat PS3 you should be able to play it without any problems.

Gram

Banned
Awards
the ps3 fat is only region free with ps3 games not ps2.

to play kh2fm all you need is swap magic 3.6 and a flip top for your ps2.

Last edited:

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
the ps3 fat is only backward compatible with ps3 games not ps2.

Wait what? Backwards compatible with PS3 games?

Some PS3 Fats are backwards compatible. But I think they are one of the very first and most expensive kind.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Wait what? Backwards compatible with PS3 games?

Some PS3 Fats are backwards compatible. But I think they are one of the very first and most expensive kind.

sorry i meant region free XD

siegleeagle

I calls it my phat PS3 cause it so fly

Honestly, wasting all your money on getting the materials to be able to play KH2 FM is not worth it.

Yeah I agree, The only reason I have them both is because I got a hold of swap magic for 13 dollars and I just cover the switches inside the ps2 with electrical tape instead of buying the separate parts. Only get it if you can get swap magic at an affordable price.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
PS3 phats that are backwards compatible can only play PS2 games of there own region. ie, a NA backwards compatible PS3 will only be able to play most NA PS2 games.
I've wanted to play this game for a long time and I've considered getting an emulator to play it. (I own all of the games available to me as a pal region player so please don't flame me for stealing, and if this is taboo around here please tell me so I don't get banned or anything). I'm thinking of getting a laptop soon and I won't lie when I say that a graphics card to run a PS2 emulator has been a consideration in choosing.

liljozzac

You could get your ps2 chipped. I'm PAL and got mine chipped last week to play re com and all you have to do is put the game in, no switching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back