• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is there a US Re:Coded Guide???

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I collect Kingdom Hearts stuff so usually the day I pick up a new game I also pick up the guide that goes with it. Today I stopped by my Gamestop to purchase the guide and I was told they did not have it. Even more shocking, it was never available for preorder and no other stores in my area even have it in their computer. Which lead me to ask the question: Is there even a Re:Coded guide out yet?

Dowhax

Bronze Member
I haven't heard of one yet. They gamestop employees didn't mention one, since I have power up rewards card. If you have the card you get 25% off the guide, and they didn't mention it.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
IGN will probably make a walkthrough/guide/faq, so just look on there for any. Their guides are actually really helpful IMO.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I'm not surprised there isn't a guide, it's like with Re:COM, it never had a guide mainly because it didn't get the same promotion as the other games. Same with Re:Coded.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
^ And plus you really just needed to get your mittens on the original Com guide and you could basically follow that, more or less.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
The thing is, Re: CoM wasn't a different game; it was just a complete graphic overhaul of the original. Re: Coded is not only completely different in terms of gameplay from the original, but the US never even got the aforementioned game that it's based on. You'd think we'd get a strategy guide. =/

I don't actually ever really need one (to this day, the only one that I use heavily is the one for the first game), but I like to have one for every game more as a collector's thing, ya know? Otherwise, yeah, I'd just use the IGN one.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I want a Re: Coded guide. Maybe i should get the game first, unlike what i did with BbS, buy strategy guide one day, literally get the game the next.

Pern

Mewtwo The Wise
With Mewtwo in the Kingdom Hearts Universe
I got the game today and I ask about the guide and they didn't have it too. So I just got the game. When I got bbs I got the guide with it. I'm hoping that the guide comes out soon. I like looking at my guides because you never no when you wont have the internet.

kupo1121

Awards
Did Re:CoM get a guide in Japan. I don't think so, but they did get a Re:Coded guide. Reason being, CoM and Re:CoM were just the same game on different systems essentially, so either guide could help on both. Coded however, never came to the US, so this is the only version of it we will be getting, plus, didn't Japan get some sort of guide on Re:Coded but it wasn't called a guide?

Nevertheless, I do enjoy collecting the guides, and to me I use them for the syntesis stuff in the back, or the command melding in Bbs, so it is more helpful then having a computer wasting energy on me for hours on end. Plus, they give you helpful facts on time attacks and the quests I would think. If not, I mean, I guess I'm stuck with IGN's thing IF they ever release one, but I would like some sort of guide.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
My EB Games didn't have the guide either. D: I don't have any of the guides, but it would be wonderful for a collector type thing. And for synthesis. Effing synthesis.

kupo1121

Awards
I really use them after I beat the game's challenging parts, the parts where it's basically just trial and error or tedious, finding out where to get this stuff, then I use the guides...also...they have pretty pictures.

flurryflames

In Japan KH COM: RE did have a guide for them. We never got one though. Some games just don't come out with these straegedy guides.
I only have a guide for Kh 2, Kh 358/2days, and BBS.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'd like for this game to have a guide. There is too much extra that you don't even know about unless you do some deep research.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I'd like for this game to have a guide. There is too much extra that you don't even know about unless you do some deep research.

Agreed. Especially for converting commands. The strategy guide helped out a lot in BBS with the command melding. I couldn't imagine getting all the abilities and commands in that game without using some kind of guide. So I am very surprised and disappointed that there is no guide for this game.

kupo1121

Awards
If they release a guide, I will still buy it, but I have a feeling I'll be nearing the end of my Re:Coded first play through when that happens (by first play-through I mean 100% the game in level, all commands, journal, storyline, minigames, stat matrix, avatar menu, everything).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back