• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is the Org. really evil?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllEndsWith-

I would like to call this a contriversial issue, but I can't. It's just a matter of perspective. Think about the following:
1) What was the Organiztion's goal - To become whole
2) How they wanted to achieve that goal - Some of the things they did would truely be considered "evil".

Heck. To me, its just a clash of perspectives between Sora and the Org. So it's now a matter of opinion on who you side with.

HeartOfTheHero

I think of few of them could possibly be considered evil, but most of them were more misguided(maybe) and misunderstood than anything. Their goal was not in the best interest of all other beings, but it wasn't really evil

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
No. The only reason they could seem "evil" is because Sora is a naive bitch who thinks anything with black hoods that has ever hurt someone is bad. Sora sux, he believes anything anybody says. Org.XIII just wanted a freaking heart. It's just the WAY they resolved to that goal which could be considered possibly bad.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
No. The only reason they could seem "evil" is because Sora is a naive bitch who thinks anything with black hoods that has ever hurt someone is bad. Sora sux, he believes anything anybody says. Org.XIII just wanted a freaking heart. It's just the WAY they resolved to that goal which could be considered possibly bad.
Although I do pretty much agree with what you said, it wasn't just for the heart. Like Larxene didn't want a heart because she said a heart makes you weak. And Xemnas was mainly in it for power. EDIT: Well, pretty much aside from those two(and Roxas) it was just for the heart.

And people in blacks hood hurting people is bad. XD

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I think it all depends on how you look at it. They`d probaly be considered evil because they don`t let anything get in the way of their goal, but they wouldn`t be able to feel regret from doing what they`re doing. The main reason they`re doing it is to be whole and gain feelings. They probaly wouldn`t be even considered evil if they had feelings and they wouldn`t have done all they did in the first place. With a few exceptions (Xenmas). Does that make any sense because I think I`m even more confused.

devastater147

I think what was wrong with the organization was the angonist protagonist relationship wasn't strong enough.I mean as I played through the game I had the same feel are they really evil, bad, etc? They need more evil to them it was weak with the beast thing because beast wasn't a major character to this story and they just kidnapped Kairi not causing any massive damage that pulled at your heart, it was bad what they did. But they did nothing that was like Sora go kick their butts, it was bad they were taking hearts but it would of been better if they showed them extracting hearts from real people than heartless. They need that "I Just killed your best friend Sora come get some" feel so to me they were almost villians because they miss the beautifully evil quallity, they have the reason why they do what they do but that little bit of evil they miss takes away from them as angonists and the story.

granddaddypurps

Basically their sorta like a religion.. (not being religioust or whatever) but they will do WHATEVER it takes to obtain, what they want. so they aren't evil to themselves, but they are evil to everyone around them.

Sora1995

Nobodies don't act on instincts, hence they choose to be evil.

actually as master yen sid said heartless act on instinct snd nobodies are able to think and plan. so heartsless dont have much free will

Bakerboy

Sora'd have seen the Org as evil once they tried to make Beast into a Heartless to get his Nobody and attacked Hollow Bastion :v

If you ask me, there was little point in getting Beast's nobody... wasn't their goal to NOT be Nobodies anymore? And, had they "asked" Sora to defeat the Heartless for them, there wouldn't have been much of a point to attack Hollow Bastion. Of course, more or less I'm just joking around - we all know the game would have been much worse if what I'm suggesting actually happened.

The fact that we were meant to believe they were evil from Yen Sid alone and without reason is what is actually bugging me here. Think about it - Yen Sid never being in the game, and the first we see of the Organization is Xaldin at Beast's Castle. From that single encounter I would have immediately realized they were "evil" people doing "evil" things. I think that because Yen Sid told us they were evil, and we saw very little of it for the first half of the game (and I still felt little afterward), we all find it harder to link that they were evil, especially when discovering their goal.

I know during my first encounters with Demyx, Saix, etc. I kept trying to piece together what they were doing evil - Saix told Sora to BE CAREFUL! How is that, alone, evil? Yes, it went towards their goal, and yes, some things to get to that goal were questionable, but to the person playing through the game for the first time it is REALLY hard to picture guys like that as being evil.

So are they or not? I've decided it really is just too difficult to tell, because there really WERE a lot of instances where I felt they weren't doing anything wrong and Sora wrongly went after them (*cough*becauseyensidtoldhimto*cough). There are exceptions - Xaldin at Beast's Castle, Luxord in Port Royal (even that I find hard to see as "evil," what he did was just annoying). Then Xemnas wanting to apparently take over the universe. As for other members, like Saix, Demyx, and Xigbar even, I REALLY didn't see why, during the main course of the game, Sora went after them.

So, I guess you can look at it like this: Their goal wasn't evil, but about half of them seemed to do evil things to reach that goal, while the other half didn't seemed to do evil things other than fight you, and imo Sora seemed like the one egging the fight on. In total, I'd say NO, as a whole, the organization was not evil. Were they intended to be? I'm sure they were - but that has more to do with the writer...

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
If you ask me, there was little point in getting Beast's nobody... wasn't their goal to NOT be Nobodies anymore? And, had they "asked" Sora to defeat the Heartless for them, there wouldn't have been much of a point to attack Hollow Bastion. Of course, more or less I'm just joking around - we all know the game would have been much worse if what I'm suggesting actually happened.

The fact that we were meant to believe they were evil from Yen Sid alone and without reason is what is actually bugging me here. Think about it - Yen Sid never being in the game, and the first we see of the Organization is Xaldin at Beast's Castle. From that single encounter I would have immediately realized they were "evil" people doing "evil" things. I think that because Yen Sid told us they were evil, and we saw very little of it for the first half of the game (and I still felt little afterward), we all find it harder to link that they were evil, especially when discovering their goal.

I know during my first encounters with Demyx, Saix, etc. I kept trying to piece together what they were doing evil - Saix told Sora to BE CAREFUL! How is that, alone, evil? Yes, it went towards their goal, and yes, some things to get to that goal were questionable, but to the person playing through the game for the first time it is REALLY hard to picture guys like that as being evil.

So are they or not? I've decided it really is just too difficult to tell, because there really WERE a lot of instances where I felt they weren't doing anything wrong and Sora wrongly went after them (*cough*becauseyensidtoldhimto*cough). There are exceptions - Xaldin at Beast's Castle, Luxord in Port Royal (even that I find hard to see as "evil," what he did was just annoying). Then Xemnas wanting to apparently take over the universe. As for other members, like Saix, Demyx, and Xigbar even, I REALLY didn't see why, during the main course of the game, Sora went after them.

So, I guess you can look at it like this: Their goal wasn't evil, but about half of them seemed to do evil things to reach that goal, while the other half didn't seemed to do evil things other than fight you, and imo Sora seemed like the one egging the fight on. In total, I'd say NO, as a whole, the organization was not evil. Were they intended to be? I'm sure they were - but that has more to do with the writer...

Yen Sid is like super captain guy who has the authority to tell Sora what to do and who to fight. Without yen sid's intel then it would have been to late to stop them and best would be gone and so would alot of people because Sora got there just in time. If the org succeeded then for all we know they might have like 7 fully functional villans with hearts that he has to deal with. Yen Sid is Mickeys master and so whatever he says should be done. He knows how things work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back