• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is The Land of Departure Daybreak Town?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I lost a lot of what I was typing but I'll try to put down what I remember and sorry that it's disjointed.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

As we've found out from the just released image of 2.8's promotional art, the weird thing behind them is indeed the Keyblade plaque...thing that we see holding Xehanort's Keyblade from last years E3 trailer.

Now why would the plaque thing, which we assume is in LoD or maybe "Cable Town" be in 2.8's promotional art?

Eraqus: I ask that you take my Keyblade and use it to lock this land awaya. Generations of Keyblade Masters have been charged with keeping this land safe. Light and Darkness exists in balance here, and there are those who would abuse such neutral ground. This is why out predecessors devised a certain...trick. Just use the key, and this land will be transformed. From that day forward, all who visit this land will be lost to oblivion, none ever able to solve the mystery. None, Aqua, except you."

We know that the Land of Departure transformed into Castle Oblivion, but what if that wasn't the first time it had to transform?
aa4fc541dcbfa5cc606bc87ccbce74656fee1e2cd1ed5533be3f024b4eacf4e6_1.jpg

^As we see here, the plaque contains a keyhole. Now this series doesn't just throw that image around, so presumably this is the Keyhole of whatever world Young Xehanort and Eraqus are playing chess.

It's appearance in 2.8's promotional art tells me we'll be seeing this in that game, but where? Fragmentary Passage doesn't sound likely but Back Cover on the other hand....

So uh...the theory is that someone transformed Daybreak Town into Land of Departure. I don't really know if this theory is any good at all but I thought I'd at least say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back