• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is the FFXV team really going to be moved to KH3 once FFXV is released?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I've been hearing this around KH13 for a bit, and I just want a straight answer and not a random video of a guy saying it's gonna happen.

People have been saying that once FFXV is completely done and released, the team working on it will be moved to help with KH3. Is this true or not? Because I'm kinda mixed on the issue.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It seems like the Osaka team is carrying on well enough without them & Square'll probably want the XV team working on either a XV-2 or 16 or 17 or whatever.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I don't believe it has been stated anywhere that that is Square's intention. Just seems to be a fan assumption.

Part of the old KH team is already helping with KH3 in some ways (tho it's said to be something like 10% and Osaka is covering the bulk share). After FFXV release tho... I imagine time will be spent on patches and the like, then team members will likely move onto developing the DLC and such. I just can't imagine it being anything super substantial, especially with many believing KH3 to release next year. I don't think if there is any movement of the FFXV team to the KH3 team that it will be a huge amount, personally.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Keep in mind, this was the consensus when FF XV was v XIII, but it's been 10 years and the teams aren't really what they used to be. When the two projects began on new footing, FF XV and III started out as a friendly rivalry, but Osaka is basically the KH Team now, I imagine there might be some reworking once FF XV is finished, but the KH team as it was doesn't really exist anymore, and that was the basis of the belief.

Awards
Keep in mind, this was the consensus when FF XV was v XIII, but it's been 10 years and the teams aren't really what they used to be. When the two projects began on new footing, FF XV and III started out as a friendly rivalry, but Osaka is basically the KH Team now, I imagine there might be some reworking once FF XV is finished, but the KH team as it was doesn't really exist anymore, and that was the basis of the belief.

I don't believe it has been stated anywhere that that is Square's intention. Just seems to be a fan assumption.

Part of the old KH team is already helping with KH3 in some ways (tho it's said to be something like 10% and Osaka is covering the bulk share). After FFXV release tho... I imagine time will be spent on patches and the like, then team members will likely move onto developing the DLC and such. I just can't imagine it being anything super substantial, especially with many believing KH3 to release next year. I don't think if there is any movement of the FFXV team to the KH3 team that it will be a huge amount, personally.
Thanks. This clears things up. I'd like to hear other people's opinions on this topic, so I'll leave the thread open. :3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No. Besides the DLC and patches they have to work on, they probably already have other projects in the pipeline that they want to work on. I believe Tabata has mentioned a few times about a project he has in mind after FFXV.

Not to mention those guys will be getting a vacation once FFXV shows it won't suddenly break during the first month of release, anyways. No way are they going to be moved to any other projects after FFXV for a long time.

Osaka not only have their ~300 staff working on the game, but also have multiple outside companies aiding them and are constantly hiring new staff. Idealistically they should be set.

Sorakh212

Awards
I'd love to see some form of confirmation from Square about this with a sort of behind the scenes type video like they've been doing for FFXV from time to time. It's difficult to say though due to the nature of the industry and just how much has changed. That and the bigger question of just how far into development both teams are respectively. I know Nomura was taken off the project to work on both KH3 and FFVII remake but it would be nice to know from the source. It's anyone's guess really.

Lulcy

Awards
KeybladeLordSora said:
People have been saying that once FFXV is completely done and released, the team working on it will be moved to help with KH3. Is this true or not? Because I'm kinda mixed on the issue.
There´s no confirmation regarding this, just fan theory.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I highly, highly doubt it. I'm pretty sure it's just a fan assumption because most of the KH1+KH2 team went to work on Versus XIII. So the assumption is that those people, when finished with FFXV, will go to work on KH3 since that was the initial plan 10 years ago (or so fans assume, it's never really stated that even was the real plan) But even since then, I don't think the team is really the same as it was 10 years ago anyway and unless KH3's development cycle is really hurting, I don't think Square would really be motivated to shift that time into KH3. They might move a small handful of maybe 5 or 6 additional people to work on KH3, MAYBE, but I can't imagine any more than that.

Sally-boiii

Awards
I suppose one of the main reasons the people you're referring to might say that is because it should logically be true. But like everyone above has been saying, the XV team has other stuff they're going to be handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back