• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is The Caribbean a good world?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is The Caribbean a bad world?

• Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh! (yes terrible)

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Blimey! You must be French.

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Eh.

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Riku/Sora-Rule

Ironically The Caribbean is one of my favorite worlds in the series. The Graphics are gorgeous and I like the exploration allows in all areas, making it, probably, the biggest world in the game. However, I sit here watching the movie Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, and see too many scenes cut down poorly for the KH style of Disney Worlds. (Which I feel we were garbage as they fit 2 different storylines into each world in KH2 which could have made each story longer and more detailed in 3) We even have the cutscene going from Davey Jone's Locker (which in the game, when you walk into any source of water, your clothes are affected and actually wet when you exit the source) In the first scene we see the crew and Tia Dalma in, they are all dry. In the movie, they're soaked from just getting out of the ocean after falling off the edge of the world. Just watching that scene and seeing the differences are incredibly baffling because it's almost completely re-written. Anything that doesn't have to do with Sora, Donald and Goofy should remain the same pretty much lol. (Arendelle even got it right by pulling the audio from the movie version of Let it Go since Idina Menzel has lost a lot of her singing ability as its been known I the theatre world for a long time that she pushes her voice too much)

Some of the voice acting isn't up to par in a few cases and it being a sequel to Dead Man's Chest, leaves it even more-so under developed compared to the rest of the worlds. Don't get me wrong, they all are (some ways more than others) but this one seems to stand out to me as insane. Not only because it's almost a three hour movie with DMC being another 2 and a half hours, but because so much more could have happened rather than the dumb plot of Tia Dalma brought you to Port Royal with a fake Jack Sparrow to collect crabs.....not ever seeing the Pirate Lords, which are brought up and never explained or seen. Never getting to see Will or the Flying Dutchman again. The list goes on of what was cut for the abridged telling.

Come on, The scene where Jack escapes from Beckett using the cannon, flying from ship to ship and then just shows up on the stern a pose for everyone would have been HYSTERICAL to see in KH graphics haha.

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I guess it depends if you prefer original plot over just trying to rehash the whole movie? I watched the second and third movies before doing the world to refresh myself, and there are clearly certain things they changed, like the Kraken being alive. But also Tia Dalma basically has her conversation from the end of the second movie, but she has it with SDG to explain like what they missed while they were gone.

I was upset we didn't get to do stuff with the REAL cast for a large amount of the world for sure. But I always appreciate when we don't just redo the movie myself, so it being a mixture was probably better for me in that aspect. At least they brought up how Elizabeth was King and stuff, and they cut out all the ridiculous backstabbing that happens in that movie every few scenes. They kinda made everyone seemingly get along more lol.

I guess stuff like them being dry in their first scene wasn't SO egregious to me lol. It was clear they were only able to reach true movie quality scenes for this world in the Visual Works scenes. Which the entire world really couldn't have just been.

But maybe the bottom line for me is I had a fun time with this world. Like a lot. So much stuff to do and explore. Using a ship to battle really does feel like Pirates of the Caribbean. I realize that probably is worse to some but I really like it. My only issue is I wish it was more open to the whole thing where you can shoot your anchor into another ship and grind over. Being able to do that anytime would be rad, and I kinda expected to be able to.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I thought the world looks really cool. I despised the pirate ship minigames and controls. Most frustrating gameplay for me.

Awards
When it comes to the story:

Playing through 90% of that world's story is pretty bad, but the last two boss fights, and the climax were amazing. Best ending of all the Disney worlds.

When it comes to the game play:

I actually enjoyed the ship combat. The underwater sections weren't terrible but weren't that great either. and the boss fight with the giant bird is my least favorite boss in the game. so kind of mixed bag there.

When it comes to revisiting:

There is so much to do after you beat the main story. The Caribbean has a ridiculous amount of treasures, and little islands and coves to discover, from sailing around the open seas. The rewards for finding everything are pretty good as well. I also think the floating anchor heartless are the toughest in the game, and it's one of the few worlds that can still give you a fighting challenge late in the game.

I like it overall, but i can definitely see why others hate it. (especially that 300 crab mission)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd say it was a good world. Maybe not storywise but I did love SDG's moments with Jack and Tia. Also I think Will and Elizabeth were meant To foreshadow what happens to Sora and Kairi so it does have some thematic purpose as well.

My only major gripe is that god awful boss fight with the flying Bird heartless. I couldn't get the target icon to stay still :/

Riku/Sora-Rule

I like it overall, but i can definitely see why others hate it. (especially that 300 crab mission)

These next two bits are gonna gush and defend the world, the later one will not be so kind lol. The crab quest, I didn't find bad at all. especially after you unlock the use of the Black Pearl to travel around in. I especially like the fact that KH2 set me up to do that mission, and another where you also have to collect a base goal number of things. Because like Roxas getting money in TT and getting an AP boost for going above and beyond, if you go beyond the number on screen, there's a secret limit that will trigger the next cutscene automatically while powering up the ship even more for the final battle. You do the same collecting and going past the goal number and get more HP. And it's really nice that it's not the most time consuming thing in the world to get the white crabs, especially if you just go to the islands where they hide in the trees in massive numbers and just thunder everywhere lol

I'd say it was a good world. Maybe not storywise but I did love SDG's moments with Jack and Tia. Also I think Will and Elizabeth were meant To foreshadow what happens to Sora and Kairi so it does have some thematic purpose as well.

My only major gripe is that god awful boss fight with the flying Bird heartless. I couldn't get the target icon to stay still :/

I disagree on the heartless fight because I loved seeing a refined and really awesome aerial battle over the terrible and tediously long one from Days.

Story wise, that's why we play through the worlds. To help solve that conflict. When some of them are WAY better than others, it's jarring how "close" Sora gets with people. After all That is Sora's special talent and he's sent to do that over and over again lol. They spend very little of the story with the characters to actually get close enough to share a connection with them.

An example of a world done right, imo, is the Kingdom of Corona. If you've seen the movie, these won't be spoilers. There's segments of Rapunzel being curious and interested in a few things along the way, like birds and a pond because it's her first time out of the tower. If you interact with them for her, guess what? That's bonding! AND IT'S OPTIONAL. The only things really missing from that world is the Snuggly Duckling crew and an explanation of how Flynn get's back to Rapunzel in the end. Plus, all the voice actors do a very decent job in that world, just sayin lol.

You know what this game would have benefited from that has only ever been used one time in the KH series? In DDD, the Memento/flashbacks. VERY little do we ever see cutscenes without Sora, Donald and Goofy in the worlds. The only one really in the Caribbean is pure exposition, even though its just another a scene taken directly from the movie and rewritten. I feel if they mixed that, the addition of full song Let It Go, maybe a very slight hint of KH2 Atlantica we'd be able to get some really fun times out of these games by both getting more of the stories and finally more of the AMAZING Disney music we have heard very little of. I mean there wasn't even an orchestral arrangement of I See The Light in the Lantern scene. it's something else and it's weird hahahaha. I mean there's the dancing mini game, so why not do more stuff like that with the songs we all know and love lol (by we I mean Disney fans)

Also, people keep mentioning the ship controls, and I never had a problem with it, especially since there's secret "boss" ships around the sea and I was able to defeat them. Actually in <those ways, it made the combat more what I I expected in terms of difficulty overall.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I personally think that the Caribbean is not a bad world. It could have used an extra 30 minutes of the movie's plot, but it's an okay world. I actually feel like it's its own game.

Neo_

Awards
I think this is my favorite world so far; it has everything: a boss battle with Davy Jones on the Flying Dutchman akin to fighting Captain Hook on his deck in KH1, the underwater segments are reminiscent of Atlantica (in a good way), the port was awesome and akin to Corona (collecting the crabs wasn't bad at all) and then throw in another gameplay element in the ship battles? Wow. And I was like the only person who was upset this was a world at E3, but I knew it would shine.

All I want to know is how much of the open ocean is explorable underwater? I just went straight from Port Royal to the boss battle because everyone already beat the game like three weeks ago, so I didn't explore much of that area; I'll get to it when I give everything a thorough return post-game.

I can't believe people beat this game in like two days... that scares me. The cutscenes are so damn long that I don't even know how that's possible... on to BH6 for me.

Scorseselover

As a world I thought it was so much fun and the ship mechanics were surprisingly well done. As for the story...well what did you expect? They based it off of At World’s End!

Back