• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is the 7th Guardian of Light already confirmed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventus_

Awards
Muke, the backup is much appreciated.

I didn't read the second one, no. I'm sorry, I was actually going off of Sephy's quotes from a previous post instead of an updated one, my bad! (I sounded like an asshole, ugh)

As I am human, I make mistakes. At times, I get ahead of myself, put too much stock in an unclear memory or just have brain farts.
No worries. I'm honest with little to no censorship and compared to how vile that can make me sound, your comment was nothing.

I've gotta confess, when I put Max, Goofy's son on the table, it was only half in jest as I do like the idea of him as a keyblade wielder. Perhaps, in training.

DefiantHeart

Awards
did you just say namine could be a gol but kairi couldnt
what

Anyways, Xion isn't really "dead" as the concept of death doesn't exist in KH. It's like Namine said - "there won't be any you to remember", Let me quote someone(I don't remember who said this) from DDD:
"By ourselves, we are nobody. It's when other people look at us and see something - that's the moment we all begin to exist."

To bring her back, SDG will probably use that Key to return hearts. I imagine some memory shenanigans ala CoM and Days are also important.

It was Joshua from TWEWY Muke, whom said that quote. Just had to say it, as I kinda like his character; though I don't entirely agree with his quote... but he was really unique and interesting in TWEWY. XD Relativity is a ambiguous thing after all, hard to really say if we truly exist or not by anyone's standards.

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
It was Joshua from TWEWY Muke, whom said that quote. Just had to say it, as I kinda like his character; though I don't entirely agree with his quote... but he was really unique and interesting in TWEWY. XD Relativity is a ambiguous thing after all, hard to really say if we truly exist or not by anyone's standards.

DeepBreathTony.gif

That was deep.

Smithee

Awards
I'm actually wondering where people get this idea from that Terra needs to "redeem" himself? Like wat?
Terra is not a bad guy, he didn't do any of the awful stuff that happened on his own volition (unlike Riku in KH 1, who did act like an asshole and performed questionable things before the Ansem possession) and therefore doesn't need any "redemption arc".

'Tis a classic case of what TV Tropes calls "Designated Evil."

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm actually wondering where people get this idea from that Terra needs to "redeem" himself? Like wat? Terra is not a bad guy, he didn't do any of the awful stuff that happened on his own volition (unlike Riku in KH 1, who did act like an asshole and performed questionable things before the Ansem possession) and therefore doesn't need any "redemption arc".

People like to pick on Terra because of his apparent "stupidity". Personally, I don't get the excessive hate either. He's just like Sora in the sense that he trusts people too much for his own good. All the Disney villains that Terra interacts with, he doesn't judge them because he's an outsider to their world.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
People like to pick on Terra because of his apparent "stupidity". Personally, I don't get the excessive hate either. He's just like Sora in the sense that he trusts people too much for his own good. All the Disney villains that Terra interacts with, he doesn't judge them because he's an outsider to their world.

Agreed, Terra is a outsider just like Sora, the only thing he should redeemed is what happened to his master and his friends and the ten plus years his body has caused.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Agreed, Terra is a outsider just like Sora, the only thing he should redeemed is what happened to his master and his friends and the ten plus years his body has caused.

In Terra's defence, he was trying to defend Ventus. And it was technically Master Xehanort who delivered the death blow, not Terra.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

TRUTH. It seems like everyone sees the situation through Aqua's eyes, but people are quick to forget that Aqua's pretty clearly framed to be in the wrong for being so accusatory here, as well as for not understanding the situation as it actually happened. Terra was gullible for listening to any of those shady people, sure, but Aqua should then be held accountable for believing what they said about Terra as well. Aqua might have said "you're lying!" or something along the lines of that in the heat of debate, but Radiant Garden makes it pretty clear that she took their words to heart.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
'Tis a classic case of what TV Tropes calls "Designated Evil."

Designated to hell and back actually as while I certainly do agree that Terra is a flawed character, he does not really have anything he needs to truly redeem himself for.
You do not need to redeem yourself for bad things that happened outside of your own control and intention.

It's really somewhat weird as for example Axel/Lea seems to get a free pass for everything he did not only by the fandom at large, but also by the narrative itself as his "killing" Zexion and Vexen (okay, they were villains, but that still doesn't make his actions okay and Terra never did something comparable), manipulating/using the Riku Replica and kidnapping of Kairi gets pretty much swept under the rug.

Yea, but unlike Sora, he doesn't have plot armor and main protagonist bonus and the narrative needs to get him screwed over.

The ten years+ his body caused havoc are exactly what Terra doesn't need to redeem himself for because that wasn't him doing those things. He never at any point had full control during those times as far as we know.
What happened to his friends is certainly to 100% Xehanort's fault as well and the issue with Eraqus is more complex than that:
1. Terra didn't kill him, they fought each other to exhaustion, Xehanort delivered the Death blow.
2. Eraqus was trying to kill a minor who happened to be Terra's best friend. Thus on Terra's side this can be interpreted as an act in self-defense.
If one wants to be really nitpicky, the beginning of this is not so different from Goofy jumping in the way protecting Sora from Riku's Dark Firaga in KH 1 as Terra does literally the same.
Unlike Riku though, Eraqus does not only not cease his attacking and aggressiveness, he doesn't explain one damn thing and has actually the impudence to command Terra to step aside and just watch him killing his friend and that's what sends Terra over the edge in rage.

In Terra's defence, he was trying to defend Ventus. And it was technically Master Xehanort who delivered the death blow, not Terra.

Exactly, Eraqus was the dumbass provoking a violent response with his insistence on killing Ven.
Scratch the "technically", Master Xehanort did deliver the death blow by himself. Eraqus and Terra fought each other to a point of exhaustion and then both realized what they were doing was foolish.

Granted, what one could "blame" Terra for is that he acted so rashly and overly aggressive instead of picking the most sensible solution, as in i.e. taking Ven and leaving the world completely without engaging Eraqus at all, but I think it should be obvious that Terra was not really in an emotional state calm enough to act rationally after witnessing his master trying to kill the kid he considers to be his baby brother and him also having the audacity to demand him standing aside and just let it happen.

Makes one wonder how Aqua would have handled the whole thing if she was there at that moment instead of Terra.
Would she just have deflected Eraqus' attacks again and again with her barrier while shielding Ventus, trying to reason with him and not rushing into actual battle? Or what?
Her reaction at the Keyblade Graveyard to Terra telling her that Eraqus tried to harm Ven is just a sigh if I recall correctly, so it is rather ambigious how she thinks about the whole issue.

TRUTH. It seems like everyone sees the situation through Aqua's eyes, but people are quick to forget that Aqua's pretty clearly framed to be in the wrong for being so accusatory here, as well as for not understanding the situation as it actually happened. Terra was gullible for listening to any of those shady people, sure, but Aqua should then be held accountable for believing what they said about Terra as well. Aqua might have said "you're lying!" or something along the lines of that in the heat of debate, but Radiant Garden makes it pretty clear that she took their words to heart.

Granted, the wonky and clearly mismatched story-writing of BBS itself doesn't help things there as while Aqua switching between trusting and distrusting is shown throughout her scenario, she doesn't actually get to see anything substantial about Terra's exploits, it's all hearsay and she gets arguably an equal amount of positive and negative things to hear.
Ventus is the same, and he actually gets to hear more of the supposed negative things Terra apparently has done.
On one hand, one could say that Ventus apparently trusts Terra so much that he simply doesn't let his faith waver by what some third party says yet on the other it could also be his childish naivety in that he doesn't want to admit that there might be something wrong with Terra.

I also don't think that Aqua actually totally believed everything said by Maleficent and co., but unlike Ven she did have doubts and during the Radiant Garden "fiasco" lack of proper communication and jumping to conclusions was done by all three of them, yet Aqua sort of started it by being needlessly confrontational after Terra mentions the "dangerous task" they have ahead of them and why he wants Ven to go back home.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Granted, the wonky and clearly mismatched story-writing of BBS itself doesn't help things there as while Aqua switching between trusting and distrusting is shown throughout her scenario, she doesn't actually get to see anything substantial about Terra's exploits, it's all hearsay and she gets arguably an equal amount of positive and negative things to hear.
Ventus is the same, and he actually gets to hear more of the supposed negative things Terra apparently has done.
On one hand, one could say that Ventus apparently trusts Terra so much that he simply doesn't let his faith waver by what some third party says yet on the other it could also be his childish naivety in that he doesn't want to admit that there might be something wrong with Terra.

I also don't think that Aqua actually totally believed everything said by Maleficent and co., but unlike Ven she did have doubts and during the Radiant Garden "fiasco" lack of proper communication and jumping to conclusions was done by all three of them, yet Aqua sort of started it by being needlessly confrontational after Terra mentions the "dangerous task" they have ahead of them and why he wants Ven to go back home.

I agree, that's the beauty of this set-up. If the writing for Birth by Sleep was cleaned up quite a bit, this would have been a great moment in Kingdom Hearts. Of course Aqua would have doubts even if she didn't show them to Maleficent or the Queen; anyone would in that situation. Terra honestly could have been made to be really believable if they just put more effort into his lines and worked on Jason Dohring's delivery. And of course Ventus wouldn't have doubted Terra for a second; that's a classic set-up (and Jesse McCartney's voice acting, as always, is on fleek). I just wish this moment had better writing so that we could have had a great scene here; and to some, I'm sure it is a great scene. Depends on what you like I guess.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I agree, that's the beauty of this set-up. If the writing for Birth by Sleep was cleaned up quite a bit, this would have been a great moment in Kingdom Hearts. Of course Aqua would have doubts even if she didn't show them to Maleficent or the Queen; anyone would in that situation. Terra honestly could have been made to be really believable if they just put more effort into his lines and worked on Jason Dohring's delivery. And of course Ventus wouldn't have doubted Terra for a second; that's a classic set-up (and Jesse McCartney's voice acting, as always, is on fleek). I just wish this moment had better writing so that we could have had a great scene here; and to some, I'm sure it is a great scene. Depends on what you like I guess.

Of course it could have been a great moment, lol, that's the reason why I continue to refer to BBS as the "vault of missed opportunities and unused potential".
The prompts and basework for it to be a great piece of story and TAV being much better portrayed characters is there, the groundwork is laid, but the games BBS (Basic Bullshit Script) doesn't do enough worthwhile with these basics.

Jason Dohring's performance as well as Willa Holland's I can excuse somewhat due to them being both new at voice acting back then in 2010 and KH being known for having terrible voice directing, yet of course that also hampered the overall experience since it coincides with the wacky dialogue and ugly script.
Jesse McCartney is a professional by now, he even manages to gives his voice such different inflections/fluctuation that one can hear a distinct difference in the way he voices Roxas and Ventus.

SoulXaldin

Awards
I don't know if I'm right but, wouldn't Mickey be the 7th light? I mean, we already have Riku, Kairi, Sora, Aqua, Terra, and Ventus (if that's correct) so wouldn't it be logical for Mickey to fill that spot. Unless any one of the Unchained X characters just popped out of nowhere then sure, I would be wrong. But since that probability could be low, then I guess that only Mickey should should be the only appropriate candidate for the spot.

(EDIT) Scrap that, Mickey's already confirmed :tongue:. Kairi is the one who fills the position.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I don't know if I'm right but, wouldn't Mickey be the 7th light? I mean, we already have Riku, Kairi, Sora, Aqua, Terra, and Ventus (if that's correct) so wouldn't it be logical for Mickey to fill that spot. Unless any one of the Unchained X characters just popped out of nowhere then sure, I would be wrong. But since that probability could be low, then I guess that only Mickey should should be the only appropriate candidate for the spot.

(EDIT) Scrap that, Mickey's already confirmed :tongue:. Kairi is the one who fills the position.
Well, right now, we only have 5 confirmed, actually. Sora, Riku, Mickey, Ventus, and Aqua -- at least if you consider Mickey listing those as a confirmation. (MX says Sora and 'another on your list' belong to him, the other on the list quite obviously being Terra)

though we can all agree the GoL are probably SRMVALK, because:

We don't really need him to spell it out. Xehanort reveals that they are two Guardians short (not counting Sora). The game ends with both Lea and Kairi becoming/being acknowledged as Keyblade wielders.

Yen Sid: To protect the seven pure hearts, we will need seven lights
strong enough to stand against the thirteen darknesses.

Mickey: So we're missing one guardian of light.

Here, Mickey is obviously including Lea among them, and not including Terra.

Nevbix

Hate to start up the conversation again after it having been so long since this was continued, but to get back on the topic of the seventh Guardian of Light, it can't really be Kairi. You have to remember; The Guardians of Light are there to protect the Princesses of Heart, the main source of the light that's left in the world. Since Kairi is one, that means that she would be a liability, should she enter the final battle. At the current moment, it's left up to speculation whether or not it would become Lea or someone else who becomes the seventh Guardian of Light.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't know if this is old enough to count as upping old threads, if so I'm sorry.

There's been no confirmation yet than a Princess of Heart cannot also be a Guardian of Light.
If anything, it only makes sense that at least one Princess knows how to fend for herself. You're not a liability anymore if you have a Keyblade and you know how to fight.

Andriux

Website
kingdomhearts.be
I don't know if this is old enough to count as upping old threads, if so I'm sorry.

There's been no confirmation yet than a Princess of Heart cannot also be a Guardian of Light.
If anything, it only makes sense that at least one Princess knows how to fend for herself. You're not a liability anymore if you have a Keyblade and you know how to fight.

I agree with your thinking, everything is still open to interpretation. Just as in you may be a keyblade wielder, but not a keyblade master. I'm leaning more towards the fact Kairi may be one of the seven princesses of hearts, but she may not be one of the 7 guardians I do always hope I'm wrong because I've wanted Kairi to have a much bigger role in this series especially in KH2 but who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back