• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is the 7th Guardian of Light already confirmed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventus_

Awards
I feel as though that the Seven Guardians of Light are fairly easy to figure out.

Sora
Riku
Kairi
Aqua
Lea
Roxas
Mickey

I've intentionally selected Roxas as opposed to Ventus because I feel that Sora would find the Key to Return Hearts and make Roxas a complete being. Plus, Ventus is being heavily hinted to be a possessed Seeker of Darkness with his affiliation with Vanitas and the 0.2 Birth by Sleep opening.

Um, Sora IS Roxas's complete being, as is Ventus (he is both their nobodies) ergo Roxas being able to be made into his own being is absurd.

Furthermore, how is it "heavily hinted" that Ventus is a seeker of darkness?
Vanitas was spawned as a separate being and Ventus landed himself in the awakening chamber because he resisted the darkness, the latter was pretty much the ultimate resistance.

I'd be baffled if Ventus weren't a guardian, Kairi quite the opposite.
If the Princesses of Heart are a part of the light that the guardians protect than Kairi can't sensibly be both can she?

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Um, Sora IS Roxas's complete being, as is Ventus (he is both their nobodies) ergo Roxas being able to be made into his own being is absurd.

Not only is Roxas a chimera to begin with (a hybrid being Sora’s nobody with Ventus form), but his sense of self was so strong that he lived on unlike the other Nobodies. So for you to say that Roxas, an individual who has had unique experiences, and behaves drastically differently compared to Ventus and Sora, cannot be complete is absurd. Plus, are you not aware of “The Key to Return Hearts”?

Furthermore, how is it "heavily hinted" that Ventus is a seeker of darkness?
Vanitas was spawned as a separate being and Ventus landed himself in the awakening chamber because he resisted the darkness, the latter was pretty much the ultimate resistance.
In the 0.2 opening, you see the The Thirteen Seekers of Darknesses seats before it pans to Aqua looking at Terra and Ventus only for them to turn into Terranort (a confirmed Seeker of Darkness) and Ven-Vanitas (Vanitas already has the yellow eyes to be a Xehanort vessel).

And when Xehanort queries Aqua about The Chamber of Waking… why is that? Why does Xehanort need to see Ventus again despite already having a vessel through Terra? But if you consider that Xehanort needs thirteen candidates, it starts to make more sense. He needs vessels.

I'd be baffled if Ventus weren't a guardian, Kairi quite the opposite.
If the Princesses of Heart are a part of the light that the guardians protect than Kairi can't sensibly be both can she?

Nomura never said that the Guardians of Lights and Seekers of Darkness were definitive. He never said that they were obvious either. Plus, why is Kairi training under Yen Sid to master the art of Keyblade Wielding (with Lea)? As a Princess of Heart, she could have easily been protected by the Guardians of Light. Clearly, she’s doing to be designed as a Princess of Light that can double up as a Guardian of Light.

Plus, Nomura loves to pull surprise. Imagine the surprise to find Ven-Vanitas as a Seeker of Darkness.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Did you ignore the past few titles? One of the plot points of III is going to be reviving Roxas - more explicitly, it's the reason why Lea wanted a Keyblade.

Ventus_

Awards
Did you ignore the past few titles? One of the plot points of III is going to be reviving Roxas - more explicitly, it's the reason why Lea wanted a Keyblade.

I had no idea there was a reviving Roxas premise.

Go ahead and disregard that entire post, it appears as though I have not done enough research.

That would be confusing having both Ventus and Roxas co-exist. XD

TheDemonCT

SoraKairi
Riku
Terra
Ventus
Aqua

Xehanort has Terra's body. Terra's lost mind lies within his armor called Lingering Will. There is still a possibility of him being saved and being one of the guardians of light as hinted. Also the chess board in one of the kingdom hearts 3 trailers also hinted the seven guardians with 7 chess pieces. Lea might be a possible guardian for some people, but to me I'm ruling him out and saying that he might actually become a seeker. My reason is because there's piece with 8 spikes which is the same number of spikes on Lea's chakrams and looks similar to his weapons. This piece is also what others believe represent saix. Well his claymore only has 6 spikes on it. When he goes berserk and his claymore produces a white aura, 6 blades appear on it. There's a pic with each of the chess pieces numbered, the one that I'm certain represents him is number 9, which is a 6 pointed star. Also it would make sense to have him represented by a 6 pointed star due to his weapons references to astrology.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Lea might be a possible guardian for some people, but to me I'm ruling him out and saying that he might actually become a seeker.

I don't think Nomura would want Lea to be a Seeker of Darkness. Primarily because Kingdom Hearts III is going to expand on Lea and Isa's friendship. Through the clashes that Lea and Isa have in the game (and inevitalbe character flashbacks), there's clearly going to be heavy character development for the both of them. That'd be completely void if Lea became a Seeker of darkness.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I don't think Nomura would want Lea to be a Seeker of Darkness. Primarily because Kingdom Hearts III is going to expand on Lea and Isa's friendship. Through the clashes that Lea and Isa have in the game (and inevitalbe character flashbacks), there's clearly going to be heavy character development for the both of them. That'd be completely void if Lea became a Seeker of darkness.

Gotta agree here. It'd be like making Riku a Seeker of Darkness last second. It could be interesting, but it would be more contrived if anything. I'd prefer for Isa to join Xemnas on his own terms or something.

TheDemonCT

you mean the development they already had in 358/2 days and birth by sleep? posted all that for nothing I guess.

Muke

whatever
Awards
you mean the development they already had in 358/2 days and birth by sleep? posted all that for nothing I guess.
BBS was hardly development. And Days (at best) just gave us these little hints that there is lore to them than ab friendship and those hints have yet to be resolved.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
BBS was hardly development. And Days (at best) just gave us these little hints that there is lore to them than ab friendship and those hints have yet to be resolved.

To be brutally honest, I never even considered Axel and Saix to be friends until Saix mentioned Axel's real name in 358/2 Days. And once we did see a minor cameo by the both of them when they were somebodies in Birth by Sleep, it just made me want to know more about Lea and Isa as characters before he met Terranort/Xemnas.

Ventus_

Awards
So, I just watched the Re: Coded movie and I was intrigued.

First of all, it served more plot purpose than comments I've read about it had me believing.
Not to say that it didn't still have it's pointless and even senseless aspects such as written word being treated like computer data and losing Jiminy's recordings being of concern but I digress.

The final two scenes between Data Sora, Mickey and Data Namine and then Mickey and Yen Sid specifically impacted my understanding of Sora's feats to come and just my overall excitement for KHIII.

The painful memories Namine was confused to find among Sora's which did not belong to him but to his heart I assumed were Ventus's but when Sora and Mickey accept those memories, we see that they are both Ventus's and Roxas's memories.
Everyone makes mistakes and I always concede to mine. It was, in fact, clearly premised that Roxas, Lea, and Xion, as well as the BBS trio, the people those memories pertained to were people who were hurting and waiting for Sora's help.

Though I've been venturing a thought. What if reviving Ventus is reviving Roxas? Wasn't Roxas spawned from Ventus's heart? Couldn't that be the reason he and Sora could co-exist and Ventus's trauma the source of Roxas's pain albeit unknowingly? We do know that Ventus is the reason he developed the ability to double wield.
Just a thought. Perhaps an absurd one, I don't know.

Xion confuses me entirely, isn't she dead? Then again, I could just once again be lacking some story knowledge or have forgotten it (it's been at least a year since I watched the Days movie).

Changing subjects, I wasn't clear on Yen Sid's claim that because both Ansem and Xenmas, the two halves of Xehanort (his heartless and his nobody) have been defeated, they'll rejoin thus reviving the complete being.
I'm aware that slaying a heartless releases the lost heart it formed from to be returned to their bodies but aren't the nobodies what becomes of the empty bodies? So if the corresponding nobody of a given heart is slayed...?
Speaking of which what happened to Terra's heart when the split occurred? Though admittedly I'm only assuming that Terra has remained Xehenort's vessel for the whole 10 years since both Ansem and Xenmas kept his likeness.
I read it nonetheless as a premise that Terra once again has a chance at being salvageable.

I don't believe that Terra will be a guardian though since it was his weakness to the darkness which kinda brought about this entire war since it was what empowered Xehanort and Maleficent.
I'm not saying that he's not redeemable but it would take time. Not to mention he'd be an emotional wreck.

My list is:
Sora
Mickey
Riku
Aqua
Ventus
Roxas
Namine

I suppose Kairi is possible but I still feel it a stretch that she could be both a guardian and a PoH.
But who knows, perhaps it could be Goofy's son, Max, lol.
Seriously, I'd love to see him and PJ, Pete's son make an appearance.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
did you just say namine could be a gol but kairi couldnt
what

Anyways, Xion isn't really "dead" as the concept of death doesn't exist in KH. It's like Namine said - "there won't be any you to remember", Let me quote someone(I don't remember who said this) from DDD:
"By ourselves, we are nobody. It's when other people look at us and see something - that's the moment we all begin to exist."

To bring her back, SDG will probably use that Key to return hearts. I imagine some memory shenanigans ala CoM and Days are also important.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Xion is the living embodiment of Sora's memories, particularly of Kairi, so while she's not dead, returning to Sora meant losing herself - but like Muke pointed out, existence in the KH realm is so much more than the concept of death, and Ventus, Roxas, and Xion - though similar perhaps in appearances/connections/origins, are all three distinct people, and as such all three are still living in Sora - as we witnessed in 3D when Riku spoke to them inside Sora's heart.

Ventus_

Awards
did you just say namine could be a gol but kairi couldnt

No, I did not say Kairi couldn't be a GoL, I said I felt it a stretch, not the same thing. Though I see where it clashes with my naming Namine.
Either of them is possible. Or even both as it could be Namine instead of Roxas.

Xion is the living embodiment of Sora's memories, particularly of Kairi, so while she's not dead, returning to Sora meant losing herself - but like Muke pointed out, existence in the KH realm is so much more than the concept of death, and Ventus, Roxas, and Xion - though similar perhaps in appearances/connections/origins, are all three distinct people, and as such all three are still living in Sora - as we witnessed in 3D when Riku spoke to them inside Sora's heart.

Thanx for this clarification. I hadn't entirely remembered what Xion was just that she'd identified as Kairi.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I just wonder, why do you think Namine will be a GoL at all? King Mickey specifically counted Keyblade Wielders, and Namine is not a Keyblade wielder, whoch kind of rules her out. Even so, I doubt Namine will be a GoL in favor of anybody else who's more qualified - in this case, Roxas and Kairi. Or any Kbw for that matter

I also feel like it would be a shame to take this opportunity to finally shine and get some screentime from Kairi, but to each their own. ^^

Ventus_

Awards
I just wonder, why do you think Namine will be a GoL at all? King Mickey specifically counted Keyblade Wielders, and Namine is not a Keyblade wielder, whoch kind of rules her out. Even so, I doubt Namine will be a GoL in favor of anybody else who's more qualified - in this case, Roxas and Kairi. Or any Kbw for that matter

I also feel like it would be a shame to take this opportunity to finally shine and get some screentime from Kairi, but to each their own. ^^

Doh. I can't believe how dense I'm being. I'm capable of so much better rationality.
I did forget to consider that she's not a keyblade wielder.
Well, then Kairi it is. ^_^ I have no other ideas. Unless Lea could be a possibility.
I do concur that giving Kairi a keyblade was setting her up for a purpose that needs to be fulfilled.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Plus, Nomura loves to pull surprise. Imagine the surprise to find Ven-Vanitas as a Seeker of Darkness.

Except that this wouldn't be a surprise but rather just a dull repeating of the finale of Aqua's scenario in BBS.

Everyone makes mistakes and I always concede to mine. It was, in fact, clearly premised that Roxas, Lea, and Xion, as well as the BBS trio, the people those memories pertained to were people who were hurting and waiting for Sora's help.
Yes exactly, although it was not Re: Coded which did this first but the Secret ending of Birth by Sleep, Blank Points.
Re: Coded made the whole thing obvious to the in-universe characters, specifically Mickey who saw Roxas for the very first time and thu got a clue as to where Ventus' heart could be, as stated later in the secret ending of Coded where he talks with Yen Sid.
Both Re: Coded and Blank Points though make it also pretty clear that Roxas and Ventus are two different beings.

Though I've been venturing a thought. What if reviving Ventus is reviving Roxas? Wasn't Roxas spawned from Ventus's heart? Couldn't that be the reason he and Sora could co-exist and Ventus's trauma the source of Roxas's pain albeit unknowingly? We do know that Ventus is the reason he developed the ability to double wield.
Just a thought. Perhaps an absurd one, I don't know.
Yea no, why would that be?
It doesn't make any sense because of two things:
1. Roxas and Ventus are two completely different beings and individuals who have nothing to do with each other beyond their shared identical appearance.
2. Roxas spawned from Sora's heart when he stabbed himself with the Dark Keyblade in KH 1, that's why he is Sora's Nobody. Ventus doesn't have a Nobody at all.
This connection is what allowed him to wield Sora's Keyblade in the first place and what allowed Vexen do draw "memories from the other side of Sora's heart, aka Twilight Town" out in Chain of Memories.
The reason Sora and him could co-exist is because Kairi used her powers to restore Heartless-Sora to his human form, Ventus had zero to do with it.

Roxas' appearance being Ventus' identical twin however is because he indeed carried Ventus' sleeping heart within him (as it is Sora's original body Roxas is inhabiting) but it did not influence anything beyond the physical looks.
Ventus is indeed the reason for the dual-wield ability, but as far as we know in a more passive role as when Xion "disappeared" Roxas (and by extension, his newly developed heart) had an emotional breakdown that was so severe he accidentally managed to access Ventus' sleeping heart and unlock Ven's Keyblade, resulting in the "Awakening" of Dual-Wielding.

Xion confuses me entirely, isn't she dead? Then again, I could just once again be lacking some story knowledge or have forgotten it (it's been at least a year since I watched the Days movie).
Not exactly, she's more or less in the same situation as Roxas and Naminé, "Absorbed" into someone else.
As Re: Coded already hints (it is more or less implied since Chain of Memories actually, Re: Coded is just the most blatant about it) and Dream Drop Distance confirms though is that anything can grow a heart of its own if it forges enough connections with already existing hearts, meaning that yes, Xion does have her own heart.
The same holds true for Naminé and Roxas, they're themselves, not Kairi, not Sora and not Ventus.
Both Xemnas and Ansem the Wise explain how it works in Dream Drop Distance, have you not yet played/watched the cutscenes of that title?

Changing subjects, I wasn't clear on Yen Sid's claim that because both Ansem and Xenmas, the two halves of Xehanort (his heartless and his nobody) have been defeated, they'll rejoin thus reviving the complete being.
I'm aware that slaying a heartless releases the lost heart it formed from to be returned to their bodies but aren't the nobodies what becomes of the empty bodies? So if the corresponding nobody of a given heart is slayed...?
Speaking of which what happened to Terra's heart when the split occurred? Though admittedly I'm only assuming that Terra has remained Xehenort's vessel for the whole 10 years since both Ansem and Xenmas kept his likeness.
I read it nonetheless as a premise that Terra once again has a chance at being salvageable.

To be frank, the Heartless needs to be "slain" (actually purified) by a Keyblade for the reviving process to work. Using normal weapons or just magic not channeled by a Keyblade to vanquish a Heartless doesn't do the trick, as the Heartless will just reform elsewhere some time later, as explained by Marluxia in Days.
The Nobody does indeed "inhabit" the body of the original being, but slaying the Nobody (again, with a Keyblade) "frees" the body (with the corresponding soul attached) and allows all parts to rejoin to reform the original being.
The whole process was only superficially "explained" by Yen Sid in the Re: Coded secret ending (and the first time it actually appears in in-universe canon), but the whole concept itself was already present and explained more in-depth by Nomura himself in the Director's Secret Report XIII, an extra book delivered with KH 2 Final Mix back in 2005 yet again Japan-only:
Director's Secret Report XIII said:
VIII. When you defeat Heartless, what happens to the hearts they have stolen? Also, when Nobodies and members of Organisation XIII are defeated, do they return to their original forms?

When a Heartless is defeated, essentially, the owner of that heart returns to life somewhere in the Realm with the body that had once disappeared. Some facts about where hearts go were also established in KHII, but those were exceptional circumstances brought about by the Organisation. However, there is the rare case in which a body changes into a Nobody. If that has happened, without the vessel it ought to return to the heart will go into a suspended state.

When a Nobody is defeated, it's a little complicated. If the heart has been released they will return to their original form as mentioned above, but if the heart is still dispossessed by a Heartless, the Nobody will be swallowed by darkness. If their heart, wherever it is in the realm, could be taken back perhaps they could return to their original human form.

In fact, the thingy holds a lot of interesting information and Master Spockanort posted a nice tidy thread about it in 2015 with a more polished translation by Goldpanner, so it might be an interesting read:
Director's Secret Report XIII

What exactly happened with Terra's heart and the current status of all his "parts" is kept a mystery deliberately and teased about in the Ultimania of Dream Drop Distance.
It's one of the riddles slated to be addressed in KH III itself.

Of course Terra can also be saved.
Those calling out "Sora" in Blank Points, the secret ending of BBS, are all slated to be saved and restored, including Terra and Ansem the Wise.
Saving those people is in fact supposed to be another primary plot point of KH III itself.

I don't believe that Terra will be a guardian though since it was his weakness to the darkness which kinda brought about this entire war since it was what empowered Xehanort and Maleficent.
I'm not saying that he's not redeemable but it would take time. Not to mention he'd be an emotional wreck.

My list is:
Sora
Mickey
Riku
Aqua
Ventus
Roxas
Namine

I suppose Kairi is possible but I still feel it a stretch that she could be both a guardian and a PoH.
But who knows, perhaps it could be Goofy's son, Max, lol.
Seriously, I'd love to see him and PJ, Pete's son make an appearance.

I'd be cautious with such finger pointing as this "entire war" is brought about primarily by Xehanort himself, his crazy ambitions and manipulations.
I'm actually wondering where people get this idea from that Terra needs to "redeem" himself? Like wat?
Terra is not a bad guy, he didn't do any of the awful stuff that happened on his own volition (unlike Riku in KH 1, who did act like an asshole and performed questionable things before the Ansem possession) and therefore doesn't need any "redemption arc".

Uhm, if you look at it realistically, wouldn't Aqua also be an emotional "wreck" after all the shit she went through in the Realm of Darkness?
Roxas' and Naminé' existence so far also consisted of more pain and suffering than usual and Ventus literally got his heart crushed twice.
Sora also experienced quite a traumatic episode during Dream Drop Distance so going by that all the "Guardians" in the list above except Mickey and Riku would/should be emotional wrecks from all the trauma inflicted left and right throughout the series.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Namine as a guardian? What? She can't even fight.

This reminds me of a theory I created way back when. I pretty much said that, since Namine was a Sora-Kairi-Nobody hybrid that she was a dual wielder as well. Looking back on it, I'd hate for this to happen. Just... there isn't possibly any potential for her to be a guardian. Seriously, I don't think anyone wants this to happen. Sorry for the language, but how the hell is Kairi less likely than Namine?

EDIT: Didn't read a previous post above, that's my fault. I'm sorry, I sounded like an asshole here.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
Seriously, I don't think anyone wants this to happen. Sorry for the language, but how the hell is Kairi less likely than Namine?
Dude, like… did you even read her post?

Doh. I can't believe how dense I'm being. I'm capable of so much better rationality.
I did forget to consider that she's not a keyblade wielder.
Well, then Kairi it is. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back