• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

IS Terra Xemnas or Xehanort in control the whole time?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Xehanort did not give up on Riku because his heart was not "full" of darkness. While Riku's heart has more darkness than the average heart it still also harbors a strong light. This light was which caught Terra's interest to give Riku the ceremony after all.

The reason Xehanort gave up on Riku is because he developed a strong resistance to darkness. Meaning that Xehanort's darkness can't influence Riku's heart and Riku's darkness anymore.
Young Xehanort explained that to Riku when they talked in the throne room. He also explained that he had to give up on using Roxas as the 13th vessel because he developed a too independent sense of self and will.
Which is why he now resorts to try and use Sora.

In Re: Coded Data-Naminé warned that all the suffering and pain of the tormented ones (TAV, Roxas, Xion and Naminé herself) can overwhelm Sora's heart and cause it to fall to darkness.
It appears that Young Xehanort and Xemnas know this fact too and try to deliberately make that happen in Dream Drop Distance, causing Sora eventually to fall when it becomes too much for his heart to handle.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Just as unusual as the Ls / Terranort battle. Whatever it is, we can all agree it represents Terra fighting from the inside, showing that his will is STILL inside the body.

Yes, regardless of whatever form, we can definitely agree.

Indeed. Though by rewatching the scene, when the lights comes out of his body, Xehanort seems to lose control almost completely (and the light goes off right after he used the keyblade).
Regardless, it's still MX doing the stabbing. Sephiroth explained the comparison between MX and XH quite well.

While Terra did not speak, I think it's safe to say he's the one who "blocked" Xehanort (since he can't move for a little while).

If Xehanort hadn't used the keyblade, isn't it safe to assume Terra would have gained much more control ? If he's fighting back, what would happen if he won ? Kinda seems impossible if he's in LS.

I would say that's simply Terra's heart resisting control. As we've seen with Vanitas, your heart can be busy fighting another force while your mind is busy elsewhere in the real world.

The only thing that could have equated to would be MX losing control; it wouldn't have mattered who would have been in control afterwards, just so long as it wouldn't have been MX.

The "mind" doesn't really mean anything, it's basically the heart. We don't know what happened to Terra's heart, it's obviously NOT in LS (might have been in Riku since Ansem SoD took over him, and this Ansem had MX and Terra's heart right ?).

The mind is essentially your consciousness in the outside world. Without Terra's mind, none of the Xehanorts could have been acting on Terra's conscience.

That's what makes more sense though, he's neither in LS (I repeat that thing is just Terra using his power to control the armor, even though he left some of his will inside, it's not really Terra... he wouldn't show up in the epilogue and secret ending otherwise) nor the other Xehanorts...

Every scene with Terra in the endings doesn't actually happen in the real world, and the other Xehanorts don't (in my opinion) act as if they were truly being controlled by Terra. At most, being influenced by him, such as through faint memories.

Xehanort started with 100% control of the body. Before he used the keyblade on himself, he could barely move. I'm not calling that "useless".
I meant as Apprentice Xehanort and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back