• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

IS Terra a keyblade master ?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OZ mind

I had this question for a long time and didn't find a confirmed ,so I decided to ask here .

I personally think that terra is a keyblade master because :-

if what I know is true the make of mastery could be anything a master decide and then the master gives the wielder the name master

1- after Terra defeated Braig in radiant garden master Xehanort tell he to become his Pupil and then say to him "Master Terra"

2- only a keyblade master can do the keyblade inheritance ceremony nd terra give Riku the ability to use one .

so , is terra a keyblade master or did I miss something

Hirokey123

Awards
No he's like Sora, as strong and skilled as a master but he has not been officially recognized as such. It's like even though you could be a kindergartner with a genius matching that of a high school level education. It doesn't mean you can drop out and declare yourself a high school graduate. You'll still need to go through the proper channels and get your high school diploma or else you're just a drop out.

Also for the things you said one was Xehanort stroking Terra's ego the other you misunderstand, you only need a master level power to perform the ceremony the title itself is irrelevant to that task.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I personally say yes. Sure, Xehanort is bad, but does that make his decision to make Terra master invalid?

Pretty much this. Master Xehanort is a Keyblade Master, therefore if he makes Terra a master, he is a master.

But honestly, the whole idea behind "Keyblade Masters" and whether they are just titles or something more has been tossed back and forth so many times to the point where almost nobody knows what in the world "Keyblade Master" even means anymore.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
In name and power, yes, but what does being a Master really mean?

When I think about Aqua, Eraqus, Xehanort, and Riku, I see characters who are pretty confident in their abilities and their emotions/alignment (something Riku recently attained as a character, talk about development)

Terra is not one of these people. Neither was Sora, maybe not even Ven, or Roxas (as of 3D). Based on his convo with Xehanort inside his heart/body, I think Terra is on his way to becoming more 'stable', but he was far from 'stable' at the end of BbS.

In that way, Eraqus wasn't technically wrong in saying Terra wasn't ready to be a Master, but he really sent Terra down the wrong path of figuring himself out. Terra, alignment wise, is like Riku. Darkness isn't necessarily bad, and it can be used for good if kept on a tight leash and if its user can maintain the proper balance or keep it secured and locked up tight like Riku. Eraqus insisting that any use of darkness is bad and light is the only way only made Terra more confused and hindered him.

In name, Terra can be a Master all he likes, but in my mind, he's not in Aqua or Riku's league. Yet.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
terra is a jerkoff master and thats prolly about it

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
In name and power, yes, but what does being a Master really mean?

When I think about Aqua, Eraqus, Xehanort, and Riku, I see characters who are pretty confident in their abilities and their emotions/alignment (something Riku recently attained as a character, talk about development)

Terra is not one of these people. Neither was Sora, maybe not even Ven, or Roxas (as of 3D). Based on his convo with Xehanort inside his heart/body, I think Terra is on his way to becoming more 'stable', but he was far from 'stable' at the end of BbS.
I'd say that is the main gist about it. All those who have officially gained the title out of the extended main original cast are the people who have a certain control and dominion over their own emotions and thus by extension over both the light and darkness residing in their hearts.

This of course does not mean as many people apparently seem to misunderstand that one should suppress/ignore his/her emotions. It only means to have a certain control and not let these emotions rule you by overly indulging in them.

Terra is certainly someone who acts more on impulse and let's his worries get the better of him while Sora is firmly on the "jump in, think later"-train acting on things rashly as well.

Ventus' case is a little blurry since he was not only considered too young but there was also the issue with Eraqus knowing about him being the potential ingredient of a weapon of doom. Mentally I'd place Ventus somewhere between Terra and Aqua on the spectrum as during the first half of BBS he certainly also acted somewhat impulsive as well as his overreliance on his (idealized) friendship with Aqua and Terra, but by the latter half he was clearly more focused and "stable".
For someone who was thoroughly broken and had much of suffering to endure Ven developed rather well, but certainly not yet true Master level.

Roxas is arguably a very clear case mainly because despite any physical appearance he's little more than a year old and thus simply has not the experience and "education" needed to reach a state like Aqua, Eraqus, Xehanort or Riku have.
Much of his life being rather traumatic certainly also doesn't help in this regard.

In that way, Eraqus wasn't technically wrong in saying Terra wasn't ready to be a Master, but he really sent Terra down the wrong path of figuring himself out. Terra, alignment wise, is like Riku. Darkness isn't necessarily bad, and it can be used for good if kept on a tight leash and if its user can maintain the proper balance or keep it secured and locked up tight like Riku. Eraqus insisting that any use of darkness is bad and light is the only way only made Terra more confused and hindered him.

In name, Terra can be a Master all he likes, but in my mind, he's not in Aqua or Riku's league. Yet.

Indeed, Eraqus quite probably means the right thing but he totally fails in adequately delivering it. That Darkness can be used for good if kept on a tight leash and kept secure is practically the whole crux of it and the true way to properly handle it (not the bullshit Xehanort and Darkness fanboys are spreading) but Eraqus goes too far by preaching to actively suppress and hate it.
He does realize this error somewhat directly after his fight with Terra, but by then it's completely too late.

Going off on a little tangent, I'd say that both Eraqus and Xehanort are/were the wrong type of teacher for someone like Terra.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd say that is the main gist about it. All those who have officially gained the title out of the extended main original cast are the people who have a certain control and dominion over their own emotions and thus by extension over both the light and darkness residing in their hearts.

This of course does not mean as many people apparently seem to misunderstand that one should suppress/ignore his/her emotions. It only means to have a certain control and not let these emotions rule you by overly indulging in them.

Terra is certainly someone who acts more on impulse and let's his worries get the better of him while Sora is firmly on the "jump in, think later"-train acting on things rashly as well.

Ventus' case is a little blurry since he was not only considered too young but there was also the issue with Eraqus knowing about him being the potential ingredient of a weapon of doom. Mentally I'd place Ventus somewhere between Terra and Aqua on the spectrum as during the first half of BBS he certainly also acted somewhat impulsive as well as his overreliance on his (idealized) friendship with Aqua and Terra, but by the latter half he was clearly more focused and "stable".
For someone who was thoroughly broken and had much of suffering to endure Ven developed rather well, but certainly not yet true Master level.

Roxas is arguably a very clear case mainly because despite any physical appearance he's little more than a year old and thus simply has not the experience and "education" needed to reach a state like Aqua, Eraqus, Xehanort or Riku have.
Much of his life being rather traumatic certainly also doesn't help in this regard.

Indeed, Eraqus quite probably means the right thing but he totally fails in adequately delivering it. That Darkness can be used for good if kept on a tight leash and kept secure is practically the whole crux of it and the true way to properly handle it (not the bullshit Xehanort and Darkness fanboys are spreading) but Eraqus goes too far by preaching to actively suppress and hate it.
He does realize this error somewhat directly after his fight with Terra, but by then it's completely too late.

Going off on a little tangent, I'd say that both Eraqus and Xehanort are/were the wrong type of teacher for someone like Terra.

Agreed on all points. I think Aqua was originally headed down a very Eraqus-like path, thinking that all darkness was bad and it can never be used for good. Her inheriting Eraqus's keyblade and responsibilities really makes me feel as though she has or will experience the understanding of darkness that Eraqus only understood in his final moments. Frankly, I see this as a development of hers that people often miss (but it was also not exactly written in the best way either, so I digress)

Riku as Terra's official teacher confirmed. The tides have changed. On another tangent, I really enjoy how much the parallels in this series twist and turn. Riku is both Terra and Aqua at different points in his development, and Sora is a mix of all TAV. Just... need some screentime for Kairi to tie it all in. Wonder where she will fall, probably closer to Aqua than either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back