• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

is sora a time traveller?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castaras

I know this might not prove anything or don’t flame me for it but here's why..

If Kingdom Hearts has an unknown time era (I'm guessing the era is today’s times or possibly future) and the others in different time eras..

Lion King: (possibly before time?)
Little Mermaid: 1800s
Beauty and the beast: 1700s
Tron: (unknown, possibly 80s)
Mulan: 1800s
etc

And isn’t MX a time traveller?

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Time flows differently in different worlds. At least, that's what I assume.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
a lot of worlds are just shitty small portions of earth. yes, this raises many questions. no, I can't answer them.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Not really. They're all seperate worlds running on different concepts and rules of reality. While the movies they were based on were mostly taken from earth, the worlds themselves are not and "earth" doesnt even exist (yet) in the khverse

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Disney Magic, Video Game Logic. Try to not think about it too hard. And let's be honest here, even without KH, I don't think that anyone ever really thought that all of the Disney animated movies took place in the same world... right? (No don't throw the Pixar Theory at me, that doesn't count here!)

We know enough about the KH concept of reality to see that it doesn't work like real life at all. But we also don't know enough to explain how any of it works very well.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Disney Magic, Video Game Logic. Try to not think about it too hard. And let's be honest here, even without KH, I don't think that anyone ever really thought that all of the Disney animated movies took place in the same world... right? (No don't throw the Pixar Theory at me, that doesn't count here!)

The pixar theory is stupid, i once saw someone theorize that the hermit witch from brave was boo grown up.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Time flows differently in different worlds. They all coexist at the same time.

Sora is a time traveler in that he's been sent to the past twice now...Once to the past of Disney Castle to the Timeless River, and the second time when he and Riku went to the past to Destiny Islands before the storm hit.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
The pixar theory is stupid, i once saw someone theorize that the hermit witch from brave was boo grown up.
Well, it's not that stupid. Even if most the evidence is based on Easter Eggs. I think we've all seen worse theories in our lifetimes...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Well, it's not that stupid. Even if most the evidence is based on Easter Eggs. I think we've all seen worse theories in our lifetimes...

Idk, something about that just made my head hurt.

Hirokey123

Awards
Time flows differently in different worlds. They all coexist at the same time.

Sora is a time traveler in that he's been sent to the past twice now...Once to the past of Disney Castle to the Timeless River, and the second time when he and Riku went to the past to Destiny Islands before the storm hit.

You know I've always wondered something....

Does time traveling to your past actually count as time traveling to the past? I mean technically since this happens at a later point in your life that would mean that even though you're in the past this moment is actually your present/future right? So if you were to follow your timeline what exactly would happen. Like if KH1 Sora were to time travel and he followed his timeline up to DDD would he suddenly find himself earlier in KH1 than when he left? I guess what I'm wondering is if it's possible to go forward in order to go backwards. That would make a certain form of time travel a little bit more lenient and might actually answer a few questions.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Though these movies are set in various eras doesn't mean their Kingdom Hearts counterparts have to be. These separated, isolated worlds all work on different rules and concepts. And different time axises or not, one can't expect a world to develop at the same speed as another or develop at all. No matter how much time has passed.

Then again, time travel would explain why we have three Londons.

Anagram

Banned
Everything follows it's own flow of time~ Each world has it's own and so does each realm. The realm of Darkness' flow of time is almost a crawl since Aqua hasn't aged and the realm of sleep doesn't have a flow of time whatsoever. The worlds within the sleep realm relive the flow of dreams rather than time.

To this extent I'd wager even individual beings have their own sense or flow of time as well.

Does time traveling to your past actually count as time traveling to the past? I mean technically since this happens at a later point in your life that would mean that even though you're in the past this moment is actually your present/future right? So if you were to follow your timeline what exactly would happen. Like if KH1 Sora were to time travel and he followed his timeline up to DDD would he suddenly find himself earlier in KH1 than when he left? I guess what I'm wondering is if it's possible to go forward in order to go backwards. That would make a certain form of time travel a little bit more lenient and might actually answer a few questions.

Bit of a semantic and iffy topic really. Technically they would be in the past as in the setting of their area but to the traveler they'd be the most present version of that individual.

Given how much Nomura limited his trollian Xehanort I dont see him making it more lenient in the future but....ya never know. Could always have that moment of dues ex machina that says screw the rules or specials travels like Timeless Rivers door.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Ugh, this is one of the reasons that I hate time travel... 100% guaranteed to make everything stupidly complicated. As if a series like KH needed more of that.

I'm not very well-versed in the nuances of time travel myself, but I think that traveling into "the past" still counts, even you start moving forward like normal upon arrival. Past, present, and future are all a matter of perspective anyways. (If I was a quantum mechanics genius or something, I'd be able to back that claim up with some brilliant techno-babble, but oh well.)

You, as a being from another point of time, placed yourself in a point in which you don't belong. Relative to the point when you made the trip, you've traveled to the past. Of course, our heads don't really work that way, so events that happen after the present you're currently in are viewed as "the past" in your mind... sigh.

Anagram

Banned
I'm not very well-versed in the nuances of time travel myself

Probably for the better. Time travel has several theories and principle functions depending on theory. Ya got the typical multiverse or alternate timeline theories which you see in most media. Then you got the Novikov principle which is closest to what KH uses.

I looked them all up once and....I regretted that wasted hour....

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
This topic is reminding me about something I've been considering for a while. (Also, this is about Riku, and if this derails the thread too much, I really do apologize.)

BUT... you all know that scene in Coded that shows up on the monitor with KH1!Riku disappearing through a portal after talking to the guy in the robe?

How can that scene even exist while the island's getting destroyed? Riku most certainly did not disappear like that then. He got swallowed by the darkness when Sora was reaching for him, and then he ended up in Hollow Bastion.

Which means... that weird scene we see from Riku in Coded has to be some sort of time traveling or time traveled Riku (most likely being controlled by Xehanort), right?

If you guys don't know what I'm talking about, I mean this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsAnkJSbuNY

Compared with this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP4e3-JFo-M

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
This topic is reminding me about something I've been considering for a while. (Also, this is about Riku, and if this derails the thread too much, I really do apologize.)

BUT... you all know that scene in Coded that shows up on the monitor with KH1!Riku disappearing through a portal after talking to the guy in the robe?

How can that scene even exist while the island's getting destroyed? Riku most certainly did not disappear like that then. He got swallowed by the darkness when Sora was reaching for him, and then he ended up in Hollow Bastion.

Which means... that weird scene we see from Riku in Coded has to be some sort of time traveling or time traveled Riku (most likely being controlled by Xehanort), right?

If you guys don't know what I'm talking about, I mean this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsAnkJSbuNY

Compared with this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP4e3-JFo-M

Oh my fucking god that means that riku (or repliku) was a vessel without even knowing it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I've been thinking that for a long time, actually (and I think it's most likely Riku, because that seems to be what the scene's hinting at to me?), so KH1!Riku as one of the Thirteen Darknesses confirmed?

Im not sure because we probably would have seen him with yellow eyes and pointed ears (despite not being a concept at the time lmao) and I'm not sure you can be un-norted. The only possibility i can think of is when repliku was fading away, YX came to him and offered him a chance to live and, in an ironic lie, be his own person.

If you want to be technical riku was a vessel of xehanort lol

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Im not sure because we probably would have seen him with yellow eyes and pointed ears (despite not being a concept at the time lmao) and I'm not sure you can be un-norted. The only possibility i can think of is when repliku was fading away, YX came to him and offered him a chance to live and, in an ironic lie, be his own person.

If you want to be technical riku was a vessel of xehanort lol

You're probably right, actually, because that would explain the version of himself that Riku saw in Monstro in DDD.

Everyone, for good reason, just basically thought that that was a vision or memory that Riku was having before, but now I think there's more to it.

I mean, for a long time people have thought that that also could've been Riku Replica, because that's when you get the Chain of Memories memento unlocked in DDD.

And if the Guy in the Robe did time travel and pick Repliku up, it would most definitely explain how he could be there, and why he had the coat on, to boot.

The Journal in DDD even seems to hint that Riku Replica might come back, actually, as it doesn't straight up say he died in CoM. Quite the opposite, really.

Anagram

Banned
If Repliku is brought back as well I'll lose even more of what little respect I have for this series. But since we seen him fade away I'm hopefully doubtful. I'd lean towards that seen being Ansem brining a much more willing and submissive KH1Riku into his fold.

Present Riku is "resistant" to darkness making him useless to Xehanort and the Replikus brash and strong will to be individual would make him a difficult to use which we know Xehanort does his best to avoid after his issues with Terra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back