• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Sea-Salt Ice Cream good?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
I'm going to attempt to make sea-salt ice cream. But I wanted to know what your opinions were if you've tasted it. My brothers keep begging me to make it and I'm going to surprise them with it. But I want to make sure it's worth the time first. Kids are picky eaters so I don't want to make it and they hate it. So, is it good? xD

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
I've never tasted it, but I've severly want to.

I'll probably make it with my friend sometime this summer.

And did everybody else know sea-salt ice cream was inspired by real ice cream from a (amusment park, i believe) (Nomura?!) went to?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My friend and I tried making it once. We didn't get to eat it because it didn't come out the right texture. I'm pretty sure it tastes like vanilla ice cream, but a bit more salty.

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
I used a recipe from the KHI main site once. It was pretty good; like lycorismoon said, it's essentially vanilla ice cream that sometimes is a little salty.
Half of the batch I just made into ice cream and put it in a tub. this was good.
The other half I put in popsicle molds, after it had frozen completely and I started eating it, I found that a lot of the salt had collected at the bottom of the mold, so that part was really salty. not as good
Just a note, I didn't have an ice cream maker like the recipe I used called for, so I just used the 2-ziplock-bags-ice-and-rock-salt method. (you know, from elementary school science class)

impart

Climb The Sky
OMG

ive always wanted to make Sea salt Ice cream too, but I never got around to it,
and I dont have any friends who like Kingdom hearts enough to have some with me :(

you should make it. that would be epic!!!!

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
I have the recipe for Sea Salt. And the ice-pop makers.-_-
Target has some cheap stuff...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I've never tried it, though I plan to since I'm pretty sure my brother will have the ice cream experiment in chem eventually. Everyone I know only has good words for it.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Yep. I buy it at my local gelatto shop sometimes. They have natural sea salt ice cream. I mix it with turtle cheesecake gelatto. So good.

It can be quite sweet, but the salt is a good dance partner for all the sugar. It tastes oddly delicious with the two together.

Depends on how you make it, though.

Here's a variation of the recipe if you like peppermint:
Peppermint Sea Salt Ice Cream Recipe - The Food Social Network

Jakek9

Never had some. Well I've had something similar, I wonder.....

anyways good luck making it. Tell me how it tatses k?

Kk_s

It has eggs in it because most ice creams use a custard base (milk and/or heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, eggs) which helps it make it creaming and rich. The more fat an ice cream has the richer the taste and texture will be.... :)

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
Yep. I buy it at my local gelatto shop sometimes. They have natural sea salt ice cream. I mix it with turtle cheesecake gelatto. So good.

It can be quite sweet, but the salt is a good dance partner for all the sugar. It tastes oddly delicious with the two together.

Depends on how you make it, though.

Here's a variation of the recipe if you like peppermint:
Peppermint Sea Salt Ice Cream Recipe - The Food Social Network

I never knew the ice cream could be made with peppermint. If we like the ice cream the regular way then I might try it with the peppermint because it sounds interesting. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back