• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Re:Coded worth getting?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraXVen

While perusing the forums I pretty much got the main points of coded

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The only thing I still don't know is who that guy in the hood is. So basically is buying re:Coded still worth it for me. (storywise or gameplaywise)

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Could you please spoiler tag that?

To answer your question, yes I would recommend it

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Simple answer without me rambling: Yes, if you can appreciate a good game.

SoraXVen

Sorry about the spoiler tag. I was just wondering because looking back days was an absolute chore to beat and storywise utterly useless. I just couldn't help but doubt this one with it being in the "side game category" as well

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
I'd say it's definitely worth it to pick up Re: coded since it actually is pretty important to the series and
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Sorry about the spoiler tag. I was just wondering because looking back days was an absolute chore to beat and storywise utterly useless. I just couldn't help but doubt this one with it being in the "side game category" as well

They say that the gameplay is one of the best as it brings all the best elements from past games into this one.
Also, every world has special battling ways. Weirdly worded i know but like Traverse Town is in a Side-scroller way whereas Olympus Col. is in a Turn Base way like the final fantasy's.

edit: here's a video of the gameplay:
[video=youtube;3GzFZH2o7P8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GzFZH2o7P8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

inverse K-blade7

Depends. Do you just want a fun game, or are you only willing to shell out at this point for story progression and/or a lot of originality? Because I think it's safe to say you'll enjoy recoded, but it's nothing new. no new battle system, no new worlds, no new characters, no new plot (its chain of memories with data instead of cards). no new plot revelations; if you've seen BBS's secret ending, you won't be missing a thing. But the old stuff was still good, so it's up to you if a slightly new level up system and sidescolling/railshooter/turn based stuff is enough to justify the purchase of a game you're likely to enjoy playing once, or if you want to save some cash and just play the old games.

yea i was wondering if re:coded was worth getting to because if i decide to get it i have to buy a another system that i dont really have the money to get.. i guess if you just want to know the story like me, you can just watch it on youtube...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back