• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Pixar the New Disney?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Since they normally avoid repeating success, which is what Disney used to do, I'd say yes. Pixar is unafraid and takes its audience seriously. Disney these days is quick to bow down to the dollar bill.

What do you think?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Well, I mean, Pixar is owned by Disney.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
But is it the new "old" Disney? like not corporate Disney but Animation Disney when Walt was still alive?

And I see an uprise in quality in Disney films, but that's after putting John Lassetter in charge of the Animation Dpt.

Last edited:

State

Awards
Pixar is more quality friendly, while Disney is more money friendly.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In a way it is...but I mean, Disney has proven to us the last two years it can still churn out a good movie. But I don't really compare Disney to Pixar because they have different standards when it comes to making movies, despite being the same company now.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I was very impressed with Tangled, actually.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
They will still have the classic style animation like Winnie the Pooh, and The Princess and the Frog. I think they are aiming for at least one a year.

Last edited:

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
They will still have the classic style animation, Winnie the Pooh, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog. I think they are aiming for at least one a year.

Tangled wasn't traditional style animation. It was CGI.

I guess I get what the thread starter is saying. Pixar delivering quality films just like Disney did from the 30s till about the early 2000s.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Tangled wasn't traditional style animation. It was CGI.

I guess I get what the thread starter is saying. Pixar delivering quality films just like Disney did from the 30s till about the early 2000s.

Yeah I really didn't mean to put Tangled in there. I guess it was because a few posts above mentioned it, so it was on my mind :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back