• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Once More/Second Chance REQUIRED for any story boss? (Critical Mode)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

nigbigger44

I so far have beaten Ventus and Aqua story on critical mode without ever unlocking second chance or once more, but Terra story seems straight up impossible. I have gotten all the way up to the final battle against Xehanort but inevitably he finds a way to combo me into oblivion. I have a video to share of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6WAUu7GM_I">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6WAUu7GM_I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Even if I get him down to two health bars left he doublecasts Cure and then starts teleporting or maybe summoning meteors. Thunder Surge is EXTREMELY not safe with any of his combos, especially his Ars Solum combo. So do I NEED OM to beat this guy or is there a strategy of <git gud> that I can apply?

Awards
If you're dead-set on doing this without OM or SC you should probably just level grind to get stronger so that his combos don't take you out in one go.

I always found the ending fights BBS are pretty hard if you're anywhere from lvl 18-28, but if you can Terra into at least the 30's and use the Chaos Ripper keyblade, the fight becomes much more manageable.

Also I would avoid Ars Solum in boss fights. It ALWAYS used to get me killed lol

JuneCrescent

Well, I think for the final fight of Terra, the key is the parade .. Mastering it is a guarantee of success with him. After, it's only my way of seeing it!

Courage, if you had manage to finish Aqua and Ventus, you will also manage to overcome Terra!

Xname

Awards
I wouldn’t say it’s required at all, but it would certainly make things easier with secret bosses etc, shotlock pretty much makes you immortal anyway while causing massive damage, particularly the Thunderbolt (?) shotlock for Terra.

Back