• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Mysterious Tower really its own seperate world?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I was wondering about this.

In BBS, Yen Sid's tower was regarded as its own world, but what if Terra, Ven, and Aqua are still visiting the Twilight Town world, but just with the name changed?
Since the focus this time is entirely on the tower, and the town is nowhere to be seen (aside from that small scene during the Final Episode ending), it might not have made sense to keep the name as "Twilight Town".

It's be like how Disney Castle was renamed to "Disney Town" but on a much grander scale.
Assuming the tower was always a part of Twilight Town, the developers could have still given it the name "Twilight Town" in BBS, but it would've probably confused newcomers to the series, who'd be wondering where the town is.

We could get our answers in KH3.
Both the town and the tower areas have been shown to be visited, and we might be able to board "the mysterial train" which links the two.
Will the tower still be regarded as its own world, with its own logo and everything, or will it just be a part of Twilight Town again like KH2?

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
"what if Terra, Ven, and Aqua are still visiting the Twilight Town world"
that is impossible, considering… none of them are able to do that? Ven is literally sleeping, Terra is nowhere to be found (not gonna walk into that territory) and Aqua is way down in the RoD.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I think it's just considered its own world, where the train was just a way to get there when Sora and co. didn't have access to the Gummi Ship. In Another Report, Nomura also refers to it as its own world:

Nomura said:
Regarding the Realm Between, four worlds have appeared so far: (A) Castle Oblivion, (B) Twilight Town, (C) Yen Sid's Tower, and (D) The World That Never Was.

He also says that, as a world, on the plane between the Realm of Light and the Realm of Darkness, Yen Sid's Tower is closer to the Realm of Light than Twilight Town is, which I think just further adds to it being its own thing. It's also treated as its own world in DDD as well, which makes KH2 the odd one out.

"what if Terra, Ven, and Aqua are still visiting the Twilight Town world"
that is impossible, considering… none of them are able to do that? Ven is literally sleeping, Terra is nowhere to be found (not gonna walk into that territory) and Aqua is way down in the RoD.
That's not what they're saying. They're saying, hypothetically, what if Mysterious Tower in BBS can still be considered part of Twilight Town, so, technically, TAV were visiting Twilight Town even if it wasn't called that. They don't mean they are presently visiting Twilight Town.

Muke

whatever
Awards

That's not what they're saying. They're saying, hypothetically, what if Mysterious Tower in BBS can still be considered part of Twilight Town, so, technically, TAV were visiting Twilight Town even if it wasn't called that. They don't mean they are presently visiting Twilight Town.
Ooh, my bad. Completely misunderstood it! Thanks Audo

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Pretty sure it was confirmed to be its own world already.
There was even recently a "tutorial" on how to reach it, so yeah.

I actually don't get why Disney Castle was renamed, since Hook's ship and the Big Ben in KH1 are still called "Neverland".
Maybe the titles are just how the characters refer to the places they visit, and not the official name of the planet.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
It might be part of another world, probably Twilight Town or another, and got split apart. We'll never know for sure, so the best way to identify is it's own world.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I suppose they just didn't think it was worth the effort to make it a seperate world in KH2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back