• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Kingdom Hearts I really good or is it overrated due to nostalgia/first/original of the series?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

valorform24

Re: Is Kingdom Hearts I really good or is it overrated due to nostalgia/first/ original of the serie

I agree that Kingdom Hearts is the best game I've ever played. It is compelling and magical. That's why to date I still keep up on Kingdom Hearts news. I do that with no other game so yes, it is worth another play through. =]

bgizzles45

Re: Is Kingdom Hearts I really good or is it overrated due to nostalgia/first/ original of the serie

I just beat the game. It felt real short (beat it under 30 hours)...I absolutely enjoyed every single moment of it. It's definitely how I remembered it back then. It's no doubt the best and first Kingdom Hearts game I've played.

My only complaints are the fact that the gummi ship gameplay was better in KH2, not being able to skip scenes, some cutscenes where the characters have that herp-derp facial expression when talking.

The camera angles weren't even that bad. o_O Why are people complaining? Lock-On is your best friend.

P.S Anyone know a good place to grind? I'm level 62 on Expert. I've tried places in Hollow Bastion, End of the World, and the Hades Cup.

Last edited:

valorform24

I believe that if you just play rock titan over and over than you will level up pretty fast. Play the Hades Cup solo also.

Guernsey

Awards

I played KH1 and you know what, it made me realize how much more streamlined the rest of the game sin the serires are. Sure, the story was simple, the gameplay was primitive but it had magic that quite a few of the sequels lacked. It had heart, it had mystery, it had magic and it was quite challeging. It always the little things that made the game worked that only a few games in the series can match. Most of all, it was a story made sense and was well put together compared to the other games that felt pretty tacked on. I like KH1 because it had charm but it makes me feel sad that all the other games in the series lost this.

Shinigami-Ven

Transvers-I Mean The World That Never Was

Confirmed to be Mickey in the first Ultimania and referenced nicely in Re:Coded when Mickey spoke to D-Sora when the kid was going through the relevant events.

seriously, I thought that it was actually Ven's heart calling to him (we are talking about the voice that appears at Final Rest and the Station of Calling, cuz Ven's heart seems more plausible after the events of BBS were revealed

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

seriously, I thought that it was actually Ven's heart calling to him (we are talking about the voice that appears at Final Rest and the Station of Calling, cuz Ven's heart seems more plausible after the events of BBS were revealed

Only problem is Ven's heart cannot call out...it is asleep to endure the grave wounds it sustained. And the way that voice in the awakening of Sora and at the Final Rest speaks is not like Ven would talk...so besides Mickey being confirmed to be it it also makes more sense.

bgizzles45

Hey, can someone tell me where the library is in Hollow Bastion? Lol...I'm lost. I wish this game had maps. I need to get Curaga from Aeris.

Shinjuku

Entrapment

Lol at least KH1 actually did need a map lol unlike other games.

The library is in the main hall it's to your left when you enter the castle.

Pestilence

Awards

KH1 has still the best and most charming story, pacing, maps, platforming, content.

What KH1 does fall little short of is battle system that kh2 and bbs does better. Still I really think KH1 is the best game in series and the nostalgia glasses make it even better.

Shinjuku

Entrapment

I think BBS did the battle system better to be honest KH2 was just all flashy and that's about it.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Oh great, lets bring in the "OVERRATED" screamers. You know, the people who don't like something as much as the majority so the only way it can be popular is because it is OVERRATED.

KHI is not overrated. It's probably the only great game in the series, and is one of the most memorable Square Enix titles.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

KHI is not overrated. It's probably the only great game in the series, and is one of the most memorable Square Enix titles.

KHInsider isn't overrated lol? I know what you meant (KH1) but believing it is the only great game in the series is pure opinion and I would disagree. Many of the KH games are good, not amazing, but still good, however, saying BbS isn't a great game is just nonsense to me! BbS is better than KH1 is many aspects (story and character development not being one of them) to me, so I wouldn't argue that KH1 is the only great game after saying it isn't overrated, because that makes your entire argument seem more like opinion.

bgizzles45

Lol at least KH1 actually did need a map lol unlike other games.

The library is in the main hall it's to your left when you enter the castle.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shadow Key

Eh. It's nostalgia to me. I can never really get into the first one anymore. :(

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Oh great, lets bring in the "OVERRATED" screamers. You know, the people who don't like something as much as the majority so the only way it can be popular is because it is OVERRATED.

One of the most memorable Square Enix titles? Sorry, I love Kingdom Hearts and all but it no way, shape, or form can compete with Chrono Trigger and that DEFINITELY is a memorable game.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

no its not overated
it was genuinly a good game
its the one you dont crtique so much becasue it was the firts but it was unversally loved

Shinjuku

Entrapment

@ Blank_Points yeah it probably won't beat Chrono Trigger, but Kingdom Hearts 1 does deserve a place at the table if not only for the fact a lot of people including myself thought it would never work.

Back in 2002 I was 12 going 13 and over the disney thing for some 3 years, and at that point I strongly dislike FF though it was the gayest thing ever, but then this idea of Disney + Final Fantasy it wouldn't work. It's about as bad as people saying the Wii wouldn't work lol.

Guernsey

Awards

Kingdom hearts 1 is quite memorable even it isn't a true classic Chrono Trigger, that game is amazing and it was really brilliant for its time. But similar to KH, it had a lackluster sequel that irritated fans and garnered a lot of hate.

Shinjuku

Entrapment

Kupo1121

What the heck are you talking about the Wii did work man I'm saying people kept saying when Nintendo Wii was announced and sometimes even to this day it is a fad and Nintendo proved them wrong in a big way.

I'm going to make a guess that you had sarcasm in that post though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back