• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

is KH the new FF ?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MosesMohs

i've always wondered if KH will ever get as FF.

i mean, KH is top ranked. FF is top ranked. KH has a great story line. FF has a great story. A lot of love KH. Everyone loves FF.

so this leads me to the question.

will KH be the new FF ?

TSora

R.O.X.A.S #5
Denmark(some people, coughEngulfedcough, think it'
Website
www.freewebs.com
Well. Since all the KH games follow the ONE story, unlike FF where theres a new story in every one, KH won't go on and on forever as FF. It will end at some point. FF will be able to go on and on forever tiil FFC or maybe FFM or something...hehe...
But in popularity, KH nearly reaches as high as the FF series. You could maybe say, that KH is like FFVII with several complications of it...:D...

V

V.A.T.13

^ What he said. Plus Nomura already has the ending in mind.
I still think it should end at 3. Maybe even 4. But please let it be 3.
Sora. needs. to. DIE.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
KH is not as popular as the entire FF series but it is somewhat recognized.

Is it the new FF? No, since KH doesn't offer the variety and greatness of that FF does or somewhat used to have. KH I believe will never really reach the status that FF has, it's an okay series but it just doesn't have the flair (lol) that FF does though I think KH fans are bit more united as opposed to FF fans who will fight each other just to prove that this FF is better than the other 40 titles. (I've done it)

Totoro_Kyo_Nanas

Well... Kingdom Hearts follows one story line, while the only Final Fantasy games to do that was 7, and all the lame spin offs... And X and X-2... but those don't count as games, too lame. Battle system is way different so a no there... And... *thinks* Hrm, it isn't lame by my standards. XD

But all FF bashing aside, No... I don't think so... Unless they decide to make a few non-canon games, which hopefully they don't. XD

Hanzo

I dont think its anywhere near FF. It could be more or less but I think less. Since FF been on for years and years and KH might not be able to continue if they use they storyline of keyblades and darkness. Also FF used the same but at different points unlike KH who used one and thus it can only go so far. FF has more than 20 games including GB GBA GC PS PS2 PS3 And more. KH can make games for old systems that might even be rare to find now like FF1 for GBA. So unless KH can use team up with other company besides Disney and SquareSoft alone then it will have a permanent ending that wont continue. Also once the keyblade mystery is answered it will solve evrything thus making it hard to come up with something else to get sells for the game.

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
Eh. Yeah. I doubt it'll go as far as FF. And if Nomura tries that, then he must be completely off his rocker. But yeah, I can't say I "hope" it ends at 3, as i'm a pretty hardcore fan of the game, but I think it SHOULD end at 3. I don't want it to get milked to all hell and ruined yknow?

Sexy Angel
KH will only be the next FF if they lose all the disney characters, which wont happen...

So, I think that it is impossible for Kingdom Hearts to reach the popularity of Final Fantasy, because each of the games has about as much of a fanbase as kh does overall. Yeah, my numbers are way off, but whatever.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I sorta doubt it becoming the new FF. It probably won't have as many games as the FF series does. Each FF is different, even though FFX-2 may have some connection to FF7, and KH follows one storyline, BBS=Past, KH=Modern, 358/2=Between, KH2=Modern, Coded=Modernish, Next Sora Story= Future somewhere and all that stuff. I doubt KH could match up to the storylines of some of FF games a lot. It's just a good series, that's all.

Last edited:

Dman2.0

how does X connect to VII i dont get it but i have only played X and X2 they were completly different they just had the same characters and X2 happened after it isnt the same story

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
how does X connect to VII i dont get it but i have only played X and X2 they were completly different they just had the same characters and X2 happened after it isnt the same story

FFX2 connects more to FF7 so I'll edit that in a bit. I read somewhere about Shinra and Yuna having a conversation I think in the International version (I don't know which, it was a translation or something). Shinra found a usable source for energy, which turned out to be the pyrflies, I think. Could be something else.

Anyways, Shinra founded the Shinra Electric Power Company for this discovery as Kazushige Nojima (scenario writer) and Yoshinori Kitase (producer), announced. This means that Shinra was founded by Al Bhed Shinra descendants.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In general, the FF series fanbase is very segmented due to the multiple games that are completely different. The Kingdom Hearts Series fanbase is very, very, centralized, probably only behind some Nintendo games. I would say yes.

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
I dont think that KH will ever be as biog as FF. I think it will end at 3. Maybe it will just be a trilogy, not including CoM. Like a lot of people said, there's more stories to FF rather than the 1 of KH. It will end soon.

Kairiangel

^ What he said. Plus Nomura already has the ending in mind.
I still think it should end at 3. Maybe even 4. But please let it be 3.
Sora. needs. to. DIE.

Yeah he does have the ending in mind it could even be a multipal one like FFX-2.
And I want KH to be way longer then that and how can you say that about Sora D:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back