• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

is KH the new FF ?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
Yea..Lol. It's KH but with Sora's head sticking out.

Sora: Come give my a hug Kairi!
Kairi: Sora, Umm have you..I dunno..Gain weight?
Sora: Is, is it noticable??
Kairi: I think were over.
*Sora shoots down Kairi with a Laser from KH*...Ha!

Nu. We keeps the Roxas. Give him to me. XD And yesh. That would be amazing. Someone should make an epic comic of Sora merging with Kh and shooting Kairi down with a laser. X3

V

V.A.T.13

Yea you do it, I'm busy drawing yandere Kairi with Sora's head...

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
No.

Final Fantasy revolutionizes itself with each game, bringing in new worlds, characters, settings, and plots. New gameplay and new artistic styles help keep it afloat, so that each game is strong enough to stand on it's own, independently.

KH, however, made the mistake of going for consistancy, and abandoning character development. A total lack of gameplay evolution was just another nail in the coffin.

KH will never reach FF. It's too wrapped up in it's own self importance to even try.

~Dorian Gray

kairi10116

KH is a very good series of games, you know? but it started out on the ps2, and FF has been here since the NES. Its got like...what, 13 games now? and KH only has 3 out. Final Fantasy is a lot of different stories under the same title, as well. FF is practically the most well known and loved series of rpg game series to date. Final fantasy is what made the genre, and without it there would be no KH.
So...no, KH isnt the knew FF, but Kh is a really good series. :thumbup: Kh has a big following, but the one for FF is even bigger. Which makes sence, having 10 more games and running much longer. But dont get me wrong, Kingdom hearts rocks.

The Twilight Prince

Website
www.myspace.com
They should seriosly get rid of Sora and keep Roxas Roxas is cooler and better Sora is a goofball

QFT to the max. XD Roxas is the best. However, it seems there are more Roxas haters than there are fans. Can't be sure though.

But. Hey. They'll never get rid of Sora, unless of course they make a new series off of it. But my bet is Sora would still be mentioned somehow. And i'm lovin your avatar pic Dorian. That movie needs to come out faster. =P

Vincentre

Somewhere outside of the Village Hidden in the Ele
Website
www.xanga.com
The KH series is admirable, it really is. It made the Disney Characters not seem so childish, which we all know is a great feat in itself. To have Donald and Micky seem like complete structured characters was enjoyable, while adding in a mix of the infamous Final Fantasy Series to make it a top seller. Without the Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts probably would not have made it. Many people I know only played it for the Square Enix cast and that goes for myself as well.

Kingdom Hearts is not the new Final Fantasy in my opinion. Final Fantasy Versus XIII is the new Final Fantasy.

All hail the future PS3 title.
T'will be beauteous.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
KH is a very good series of games, you know? but it started out on the ps2, and FF has been here since the NES. Its got like...what, 13 games now?
Actually there is like over 40 FF related titles including the chocobo series. 20 years, over 40 titles, over 60+ million of games sold, animes/manga and movies. I don't know if anything will replace it unless the world learns to accept DQ!

Vincentre said:
Kingdom Hearts is not the new Final Fantasy in my opinion. Final Fantasy Versus XIII is the new Final Fantasy.
Dear God, why?

Helion

Website
thefaintsmile.deviantart.com
I don't think KH is really the new FF, but certainly close to it. A lot of people I know love KH more than FF. I guess it really depends on what kind of "generation" you're from. My brother comes from the FFVII generation(1997; got it literally the day it came out) and he was kind of like "wtf?" when he saw me playing KH2. He just can't see the blend of Disney and FF characters(and sometimes, neither can I) and for the fact the battle system is so different(or not?).

Could also depend on a lot on demographics too.

Merlin326

okay, here's my two cents.

KH isnt the new FF, since (someone mentioned this but i forget who) it pretty much created the RPG (or at least the video game aspect of it). however, i want to same something in its defense. many people have been mentioning that it is one story/timeline, not the several stories that have nothing to do with one another that is FF.

there are some games/movies/books/etc. that could go on for a long time, so KH could (and im just taking story into acount at this point) potentially do the same. Look At Metroid for example, or a number of the DC or Marval comics. Look at the Batman and/or Superman movies.

sure, all stories must come to an end, but a good series (and in my book, KH certainly is one) could potentially go on for quite some time.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
No.

Final Fantasy revolutionizes itself with each game, bringing in new worlds, characters, settings, and plots. New gameplay and new artistic styles help keep it afloat, so that each game is strong enough to stand on it's own, independently.

KH, however, made the mistake of going for consistancy, and abandoning character development. A total lack of gameplay evolution was just another nail in the coffin.

KH will never reach FF. It's too wrapped up in it's own self importance to even try.

~Dorian Gray

exactly what I said. :thumbsup:

well not EXACTLY but...w/e

Mordecai

And The Hero Fails
Website
www.google.com
i've always wondered if KH will ever get as FF.

i mean, KH is top ranked. FF is top ranked. KH has a great story line. FF has a great story. A lot of love KH. Everyone loves FF.

so this leads me to the question.

will KH be the new FF ?

KH wont become the new FF. Final Fantasy has a new plot, set of characters, etc, and only do the enemies, weapons and battle mechanics return in further installments. Kingdom Hearts is one story and one set of laws/mechanics/enemies/weapons etc.. FF is always changing and that's how so many people like it. For example, I like 8 but not 4. I like 7 and 9 but not X-2. Simply, it fits more people's likings by changing the story constantly, as where KH will only maintain those fans that it already had and not gain new ones like FF does with the changing stories.

If you don't like the story of KH, you don't like the series.

If you don't like the story of one FF game, there's eleven + more that you can choose from.

V

V.A.T.13

I wouldn't really mind Kairi dying but...eh...( I still want her to turn into a bad guy >>;)
I'd rather have Riku or Sora die....
Well, Riku die, and Sora dissapear...

The Twilight Prince

Website
www.myspace.com
Eh. I think one should, but not both. That would make for a TERRIBLE ending. I'd say Sora like. Agree to sacrifice himself to like bring an end to all heartless or something, and then Riku somehow end up sacrificing HIMself for Sora. So Sora doesn't have to yknow?

The Twilight Prince

Website
www.myspace.com
^ Yea, thats what I mean.

Oh. Alrighty then. I thought you meant like. Both Sora AND Riku disappearing/dying or something. Cause that'd be absolutely Terrible. Both heroes of the game being killed off to leave the lead female alone with nothing but a mouse, a duck, and an oversized talking dog. Yeah. I'm sure she could get off to them. XD!!

V

V.A.T.13

^....you know...that might not be so bad.
Then Kairi would be the main character and have to go battle and what-not. Maybe even become a badass while shes at it...

Aros the lost

first off Riku would kill Kairi before she could do anything
but if she could he wouldn't die in 1-second he would totally kill her back like shove her off then shove the knive up her ass then through her neck lol
then Riku commits suicide by cutting his wrists
and if Kairi did kill Sora and cover it up Riku would find out
he's like an albino detective
But Kairi would die pretty quickly like
"Oh the shadow's so cute... Oh God it's got a big, black friend, Hello.... OH GOD HE"S RAPING ME, OH GOD IT"S RAPING ME AND IT HURTS!!!!!!!!"
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back