• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is KH complicated or just a lot to remember?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Neo_

Awards
Story complications aren’t an issue for me, not inherently at least.
It’s that characterization became so weak, there was no reason to try and invest in the goings-on.
KH3 literally recognized that its main character had no stakes in the main conflict and pulled out the ‘villain kills his girlfriend to make him angry’, which is one of the most aggravatingly inane cliches out there.
Whoever’s writing this (I’m not comfortable saying Nomura alone, I don’t know the guy or what goes on, maybe there’s uncredited co-writers) seems less and less interested in personalities or character moments post-CoM, so I mentally dropped off by KH2 and just enjoy playing the games while skipping cutscenes. Since skipping cutscenes is an option, I’m a happy boy.
I skipped a lot of the cutscenes in KH3. I watched everything I was interested in before the game came out anyway.

Last edited:

Y. Alex A. R.

Awards
I think K.H. videogame series' story is easy to understand. Probably coz I've re-played it several times; sometimes in story mode (a.k.a. in the order each game was published), sometimes in chronological mode (a.k.a. in order of In-Universe timeline; watch K.H.:Chi first, then play K.H.:BbS, next play K.H.1, followed by K.H.:CoM, then K.H.: Days, after that K.H.2, next watch K.H.:reCoded, play K.H.: D.D.D., K.H.:A Fragmentary Passage, K.H.3, K.H.:ReMind, & lastly K.H.:MoM).
I like K.H.'s story. It (mostly) makes sense to me & is an enjoyable wild ride that doesn't fear having fun.

Y. Alex A. R.

Awards
People say they understand KH and then get into arguments with each other over which person's understanding of the plot is right.
That wouldn't happen if some people didn't blatantly lie.
It's not lying if someone admits from the start they're making headcanons for fun, but too often I've seen people claim something happened in canon that anyone who has played the K.H. videogames is absolutely false.
Which makes no sense!! Why not simply enjoy themselves instead of lying? I've got lots of headcanons, always clarifying when I start talking 'bout them that they are headcanons & either I say they were never confirmed in canon (the canon-compliant headcanons) or I say they directly contradict canon. No need for falsehoods, no need for lies.
Granted, when people on the Internet lie I just leave the website to find something fun to see instead; there's not much point in fighting over fiction.

Y. Alex A. R.

Awards
@MrFranklin95

This is a humorous version of what MATGSY, kirabook, Veevee and others have talked about.

Kingdom hearts is confusing because it's a lot to keep track off and it's inconsistent.
This is why I write Alternate Universe fanfics. Although I love canon & would never want it to be retroactively changed, fanfics are a different thing; writing A.U.s with some aspects of canon not existing at all makes figuring out possible adventures easier since there's limits on what can & can't happen.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'd argue that it's a bit of both, it also really depends on the title, too. Birth by Sleep has a lot for you to remember whilst Dream Drop Distance is complicated.

D

Deleted member 246005

This is why I write Alternate Universe fanfics. Although I love canon & would never want it to be retroactively changed, fanfics are a different thing; writing A.U.s with some aspects of canon not existing at all makes figuring out possible adventures easier since there's limits on what can & can't happen.
Funny thing is I started coming up with ideas for an AU version of KH without nobodies. Someone else asked about it 2 years ago and it was fun to think about. And I don't even hate nobodies.

Best of luck to you.

Y. Alex A. R.

Awards
Funny thing is I started coming up with ideas for an AU version of KH without nobodies. Someone else asked about it 2 years ago and it was fun to think about. And I don't even hate nobodies.

Best of luck to you.
Thanks!!

If you ever try again to write those tales, feel free to send me a link; I'd love to read how lack of Nobodies affects everything.

Noivern

Awards
Since this thread was brought back I'm just going to say that after the latest developments with the global server of UX, I'm going to blame at least 1/3 of this on the translation. Inconsistencies between each title, lost references in the dialogue among a few other things definitely did it's part on understanding what the fuck is going on at times.

Zetta slow

Awards
I don't think it's complicated, the plot is pretty simple: Grumpy old man wants to create a powerful weapon and give the world a reboot by starting a war, and he needs 7 lights and 13 darknesses to start said war. The hard part is just remembering everything.

Back