• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is KH 1.5 really needed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpack

Awards
Maybe not 3D, but ... nearly everyone anticipated an HD collection. Or are you referring to this split which would be I.5 and II.5 ?
To be honest both. Everyone hoped to go straight from kh2 to kh3

Narveid

Personally I am super excited about it. FINALLY can I get to try Re:CoM, not to mention the Final Mix version of Kingdom Hearts, and to see the new cutscenes and stuff for KH358/2 Days.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I'm definitely happy that all the games will be on one console, despite my annoyance at an even longer wait for 3. This ReMix stuff is going to be the only way I'm going to play Birth by Sleep and fight bosses like Xemnas (KH1 FM), the Lingering Sentiment, the XIII Mushrooms, and all that awesome stuff in the FM's.

I'm unwilling to buy a new game system just for BBS and 3D, though I have my doubts about 3D being re-released. I would've also preferred for there to be some secret movie, concept trailer, something for us to chew on for 3, since no new games are coming until the day in the distant future when it arrives. It doesn't have to really be a trailer I guess; maybe a long cutscene like Blank Points was for BBS (which was more of a true ending than a teaser as Nomura said), which would provide some fleshing out of the backstory, like maybe Xemnas recruiting the original personas of Marluxia, Luxord, Larxene and Demyx; showing Saix first coming under Xehanort's possession; Maleficent meeting the Disney Villains while Ansem SOD watches from the shadows; or other scenes important to the backstory, but not so much to teasing the future. Like the flashbacks in 3D (Frollo speaking to Phoebus and Frollo, etc).

DivineRose269

I hope that Kingdom Hearts 3 is worth the wait. It would be stupid if all this time it turns out to be the worst video game ever made.

First, I would laugh at all those people who say things like "give us kh3 already", then I would realize that it kinda sucks for me too. But to be honest I don't actually want them to hurry up to make KH3, they have these two HD collections, let us play them for a while.
Everyone's been waiting for KH3 since KH2 (that went well) and I've started to love this "SE is making another KH-game, f**k it's not KH3, would they just hurry up and make it already"-thing, and who doesn't love the KH3 speculation, making KH3 would end all that and the "Seeker Of Darkness Chronicles"
(still waiting for the official translation) I wouldn't want that too soon, even worse if KH3 would suck (wich I'm sure it won't)

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
First, I would laugh at all those people who say things like "give us kh3 already", then I would realize that it kinda sucks for me too. But to be honest I don't actually want them to hurry up to make KH3, they have these two HD collections, let us play them for a while.
Everyone's been waiting for KH3 since KH2 (that went well) and I've started to love this "SE is making another KH-game, f**k it's not KH3, would they just hurry up and make it already"-thing, and who doesn't love the KH3 speculation, making KH3 would end all that and the "Seeker Of Darkness Chronicles"
(still waiting for the official translation) I wouldn't want that too soon, even worse if KH3 would suck (wich I'm sure it won't)

Then, who would be the villain after Master Xehanort's gone?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm definitely happy that all the games will be on one console, despite my annoyance at an even longer wait for 3.
You were going to wait that long for KH3 anyway. This HD collection wasn't going to change that wait.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You were going to wait that long for KH3 anyway. This HD collection wasn't going to change that wait.

This. Then again, most people find the story now, not my words but from a friend, not really one.

friend said:
Pants to the ground retarded

Doubt asking for Kingdom Hearts 3 will change some people's minds. And doubt it will be out when we're old.

billyzanesucks

Nomura's reasoning for not remaking Days completely was that people would prefer a new game to an old one, so I'm not too sure.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nomura's reasoning for not remaking Days completely was that people would prefer a new game to an old one, so I'm not too sure.

The point she is making is that with HD 1.5 and 2.5 existing or not, we would all still be waiting for KH3. No matter how you toss it, there will be some kind of wait so using these HD remasters as an argument for why KH3 is going to take longer is not even valid. If it wasn't KH HD, it'd be FFX HD or LRFF or Versus XIII or XIV holding KH3 back in the eyes of fans.

Honestly it is getting ridiculous for fans to point fingers at other games being developed in house for why a game they want hasn't come out.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
The point she is making is that with HD 1.5 and 2.5 existing or not, we would all still be waiting for KH3. No matter how you toss it, there will be some kind of wait so using these HD remasters as an argument for why KH3 is going to take longer is not even valid. If it wasn't KH HD, it'd be FFX HD or LRFF or Versus XIII or XIV holding KH3 back in the eyes of fans.Honestly it is getting ridiculous for fans to point fingers at other games being developed in house for why a game they want hasn't come out.
Agree × 1,000,000! *applauds* Nomura's just taking his time with it. KH is his baby. If he wanted KH3 right now, it could be made. Also, the way KH3 is shaping up, it will be a very different game now from what it would have been if it had been made immediately after KH2. Way too many important story and gameplay additions from BBS and DDD.

DivineRose269

It's kinda funny that everyone thought that we would get KH3 directly after KH2 :D (not everyone, but most)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Speaking of KH2 (and by extension the secret ending especially of the Final Mix) I wonder if it would be calmer and there be less "spin-off"-discussion in the fandom if Square and Disney had just labeled Birth by Sleep "Kingdom Hearts III" instead of its actual title and leave it at that.

Although this would have undoubtly opened a totally different can of worms.

billyzanesucks

The point she is making is that with HD 1.5 and 2.5 existing or not, we would all still be waiting for KH3. No matter how you toss it, there will be some kind of wait so using these HD remasters as an argument for why KH3 is going to take longer is not even valid. If it wasn't KH HD, it'd be FFX HD or LRFF or Versus XIII or XIV holding KH3 back in the eyes of fans.
I got all of that. I mean that Nomura makes it sound as if remaking Days would have delayed a new game.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That would have been a terrible decision.

I'm not so sure, plenty of people were treating that secret ending like it is KH III even after Nomura confirmed that scene is taking place in the past.
I do agree though that it would probably not have changed some of the fandoms complaining, only the tone would be different since they would not have to rant about a "missing numbered title".
That just also reminded me of the fact that BBS was originally intended for home console-release, lol.

I got all of that. I mean that Nomura makes it sound as if remaking Days would have delayed a new game.

Nomura was speaking about the whole package of the HD Collection as it IS technically a new game for a new console (PS 3). Remaking Days fully would have significantly delayed the release of 1.5 ReMix, as they would have to do Days from the ground up again.

Not to mention it would be sort of wrong, from a chronological point of view. Might aswell call it KH0 ... Which Nomura actually has, if I recall correctly

Granted, that's a point and yes, Nomura called it "inofficially" KH 0 two or more times.
Even going with the title "KH 0" though would have buried the complaint about "no numbered title" which many parts of the fandom seem to be so infatuated with, lol.
("It's not a true KH-game if it isn't a numbered title!") *ggg*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back