• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is KAIRI still relevant? ...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
To the equation of the Kye-Blade? I ask this, as I'm not entirely sure. There'd be no point to showing Kairi at the end if she wasn't going to be relevant to the plot in the future. But is she relevant to the equation of the Kye-Blade(Or whatever you wanna call it, I'd prefer Death-Blade, personally)?

The Riku we see in Monstro is likely to be Possessed-Riku(Rather Riku under XH's control, but still not mutated into Terranort's image). And I say this because that version is brought up by Mickey, and was beyond even YS' knowledge(I foolishly assumed that he was constantly updated by looking at the stars, apparently I was wrong). Even if it wasn't brought-up for that reason, couldn't it still act as a seperate vessel aside from when XH finally corrupted the form of Riku's body(Or started to extract Riku's heart from the body)?

Can alternate versions of one of Xehanort's vessels not also count, that is to say would Xehanort select a worthy vessel from someone else, a version of him he picked, but already had a mind of their own previously. Like hypothetically, someone like Braig took someone's heart over to corrupt it with his own mind, while still succumbing to Xehanort.

I'm not sure, but running on that assumption could Ventus being Possessed by Vanitas count as a seperate vessel from Vanitas(This is the closest time to his obliteration, after all) himself? Not too long before that happens is when the fight between YMX and one of TAV occurs. During the interval where Aqua is unconscious, Terranort is fighting Terra's Lingering Sentiment, and Ventus is fighting Vanitas within his own vessel could he(YMX) not show up to bring this version of Xehanort to fill the 13th seat?

If the explaination of this form of time travel is valid, and so is my understanding of it; an entity can travel through time by leaving their body behind. Then, as so to keep the past from being rewritten, the heart will always return to the body and the memories are seeminglessly erased as to not change the outcome of the past(Though YMX insinuates something is attained from the travel, though nothing that rewrites the past in a significant way).

Xemnas, XH, and YMX all supposably met their ends, but emerged for the finale of Xehanort's 13 vessel gathering(Or so MX wanted). Conjecture: If one is defeated while seperate from their body they either go back to said body or they go to one of the versions of themself, but it has to be somewhere in the future from when they were defeated.
YMX: Upon arrival, you can only move forward as per laws of time
So either you eject or move forward.

My not-so-thourough sweep through the site has provided me with at least the knowledge(If you can even consider it that) that I'm not the only one thinking this is possible, it's whether the idea can be vindicated or not that really matters.

If yes, then allow me to ponder another possibility(And the point of the title of this thread). Could Possessed-Ventus not also fill Kairi's position for the Kye-Blade's creation? Rather, could the light half that belonged to Ventus be used instead of the one Kairi has?

Sepiroth0812 said:
The Princesses are NOT the lights of the X-blade. The seven Hearts of the Princesses together act as a substitute for the true Kingdom Hearts, of which the X-blade is the counterpart.You can't be one thing and at the same time the designated counterpart to it.

If so, then I'm willing to ask an even more folly question: Could Xehanort use that incomplete version of Kye-Blade as a starting point?

Sepiroth0812 said:
The X-blade we saw in BBS was indeed a real one, but in essence only a fragment of the true weapon. It had only two of twenty parts (Ventus' and Vanitas') and was in fact, despite powerful, very unstable and fragile.

The core of this X-blade-fragment (the inner key) was unfinished and broken because of Ven's subconscious resistance against being fused with Vanitas while the physical appearance (outer key) the Ventus-Vanitas-hybrid wields looked complete, but was nonetheless only a shadow of what the true, complete X-blade would be.
It would be very benefical to Xehanort if one of his Vessels had two of the pieces of the Kye-Blade already taken physical form, then the dark pieces and Ventus' light piece could be added to the fire and the hunt for the 6 others could begin, whilst the blade was powered-up, like Chaos with each Chaos Emerald consumed(Considering the insane power 2 pieces possessed on their own, 14 pieces would be insanely more powerful, wouldn't you say?). And once they were all added, no waiting for preparations, which allowed Lea to rescue Sora(Xehanort's latest miscalculation).

[video=youtube;SGe9yEO7vO8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGe9yEO7vO8[/video]

2:26 (Aqua wakes up)

2:54-2:59 (Is Vanitas waiting or is he really asleep?)

While the time frame of where Vanitas takes Ven's body and when Ventus' subconsciousness starts rebelling is short, it is somewhat note-worthy Ventus waking up was slow, while Aqua gaining conscious was more sudden and forced. In fact, mayhaps Ventus waking up is his heart returning to that moment with all memories of the voyage erased(Implying the destruction of the Kye-Blade once more, if so). If the pieces were used before the mind, which was in the possession of said piece(In one sense or another), had a chance to ressist, could it still be broken once seperated from the heart? And if so, would 13 other pieces prevent or at least delay that connection from being broken?

A lot of ponderings, and if chance would have it; something worthy thinking over with yourselves. With all of this presented and with all of your minds currently made-up on the matter, do you think anything having to do with Kairi is still relevant to the Kye-Blade equation? By Xehanort's perspective, at any rate?

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
To the equation of the Kye-Blade? I ask this, as I'm not entirely sure. There'd be no point to showing Kairi at the end if she wasn't going to be relevant to the plot in the future. But is she relevant to the equation of the Kye-Blade(Or whatever you wanna call it, I'd prefer Death-Blade, personally)?

The Riku we see in Monstro is likely to be Possessed-Riku(Rather Riku under XH's control, but still not mutated into Terranort's image). And I say this because that version is brought up by Mickey, and was beyond even YS' knowledge(I foolishly assumed that he was constantly updated by looking at the stars, apparently I was wrong). Even if it wasn't brought-up for that reason, couldn't it still act as a seperate vessel aside from when XH finally corrupted the form of Riku's body(Or started to extract Riku's heart from the body)?

Can alternate versions of one of Xehanort's vessels not also count, that is to say would Xehanort select a worthy vessel from someone else, a version of him he picked, but already had a mind of their own previously. Like hypothetically, someone like Braig took someone's heart over to corrupt it with his own mind, while still succumbing to Xehanort.

I'm not sure, but running on that assumption could Ventus being Possessed by Vanitas count as a seperate vessel from Vanitas(This is the closest time to his obliteration, after all) himself? Not too long before that happens is when the fight between YMX and one of TAV occurs. During the interval where Aqua is unconscious, Terranort is fighting Terra's Lingering Sentiment, and Ventus is fighting Vanitas within his own vessel could he(YMX) not show up to bring this version of Xehanort to fill the 13th seat?

If the explaination of this form of time travel is valid, and so is my understanding of it; an entity can travel through time by leaving their body behind. Then, as so to keep the past from being rewritten, the heart will always return to the body and the memories are seeminglessly erased as to not change the outcome of the past(Though YMX insinuates something is attained from the travel, though nothing that rewrites the past in a significant way).

Xemnas, XH, and YMX all supposably met their ends, but emerged for the finale of Xehanort's 13 vessel gathering(Or so MX wanted). Conjecture: If one is defeated while seperate from their body they either go back to said body or they go to one of the versions of themself, but it has to be somewhere in the future from when they were defeated.

So either you eject or move forward.

My not-so-thourough sweep through the site has provided me with at least the knowledge(If you can even consider it that) that I'm not the only one thinking this is possible, it's whether the idea can be vindicated or not that really matters.

If yes, then allow me to ponder another possibility(And the point of the title of this thread). Could Possessed-Ventus not also fill Kairi's position for the Kye-Blade's creation? Rather, could the light half that belonged to Ventus be used instead of the one Kairi has?

If so, then I'm willing to ask an even more folly question: Could Xehanort use that incomplete version of Kye-Blade as a starting point?

It would be very benefical to Xehanort if one of his Vessels had two of the pieces of the Kye-Blade already taken physical form, then the dark pieces and Ventus' light piece could be added to the fire and the hunt for the 6 others could begin, whilst the blade was powered-up, like Chaos with each Chaos Emerald consumed(Considering the insane power 2 pieces possessed on their own, 14 pieces would be insanely more powerful, wouldn't you say?). And once they were all added, no waiting for preparations, which allowed Lea to rescue Sora(Xehanort's latest miscalculation).

[video=youtube;SGe9yEO7vO8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGe9yEO7vO8[/video]

2:26 (Aqua wakes up)

2:54-2:59 (Is Vanitas waiting or is he really asleep?)

While the time frame of where Vanitas takes Ven's body and when Ventus' subconsciousness starts rebelling is short, it is somewhat note-worthy Ventus waking up was slow, while Aqua gaining conscious was more sudden and forced. In fact, mayhaps Ventus waking up is his heart returning to that moment with all memories of the voyage erased(Implying the destruction of the Kye-Blade once more, if so). If the pieces were used before the mind, which was in the possession of said piece(In one sense or another), had a chance to ressist, could it still be broken once seperated from the heart? And if so, would 13 other pieces prevent or at least delay that connection from being broken?

A lot of ponderings, and if chance would have it; something worthy thinking over with yourselves. With all of this presented and with all of your minds currently made-up on the matter, do you think anything having to do with Kairi is still relevant to the Kye-Blade equation? By Xehanort's perspective, at any rate?
Regarding the Riku-copy that appeared before Riku, Pinnochio and Jiminy in Monstro. It could have been Repliku as anything within a dream is possible, which they were in, Sora and Riku.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Kairi was never inherently relevant to the composition of the X-Blade. She could be one of the 7 lights that are required, but that's about it. As in, nothing really special.

That being said, I wouldn't quite take Sephiroth's word on the X-Blade from BBS being incomplete as canon (although I'm always open for proof supporting the idea). I personally find BBS' X-Blade to be a pseudo X-Blade of sorts.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I wouldn't quote members and use them as support for theories in general, no offense to either Dawn Rebirth or Sephiroth.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, you seriously can't base a theory on other members' posts. A lot of posts give opinions as facts when they aren't confirmed one way or the other.

Regardless, as it stands Kairi is a perfectly suitable candidate to be one of the 7 Lights. She has a pure heart of light and she's a keyblade wielder... doesn't get much better than that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Regarding the Riku-copy that appeared before Riku, Pinnochio and Jiminy in Monstro. It could have been Repliku as anything within a dream is possible, which they were in, Sora and Riku.

Riku specifically says "That was my...my dark side [...] and now I'm facing me." If it were his clone, he'd have known and said "and now I'm facing my clone."

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
Kairi was never inherently relevant to the composition of the X-Blade. She could be one of the 7 lights that are required, but that's about it. As in, nothing really special.

That being said, I wouldn't quite take Sephiroth's word on the X-Blade from BBS being incomplete as canon (although I'm always open for proof supporting the idea). I personally find BBS' X-Blade to be a pseudo X-Blade of sorts.

What I meant was would MX still see Kairi as neccesary, if he already had a spare light piece(Ventus'). MX might be aware that Kairi can weild a Keyblade, as he and Vanitas were present in Radiant Garden around the time she went through her rite of passage. As a result he has access to such knowledge, or at least to know when it took place and why. Xigbar and Saix were both present when Kairi was fighting the heartless with her Keyblade. Why go through the trouble of having to fight her(Which running on the assumption she is going to be trained) if it isn't neccesary to the Kye-Blade's completion?

I wouldn't quote members and use them as support for theories in general, no offense to either Dawn Rebirth or Sephiroth.

I was using his quotes as more or less guides to explain what I'm talking about, rather than support. Numora and the contents within the games are the only 100% valid source(s) for support to any theory(Which I'd hardly call any of what I've provided, conjecture and less of assumptions at best)

Yeah, you seriously can't base a theory on other members' posts. A lot of posts give opinions as facts when they aren't confirmed one way or the other.

Regardless, as it stands Kairi is a perfectly suitable candidate to be one of the 7 Lights. She has a pure heart of light and she's a keyblade wielder... doesn't get much better than that.

For Yen Sid you'd be right, but applying this to Xehanort ... It's more bothersome than anything. All he needs is 7 light shards, how he needs to go about obtaining it from each candidate is for us to guess at this point(Though it's probably not a far cry from stealing their heart like we saw in BBS). The least trouble he needs to go through the better. If there are other candidates it's not hard to imagine Xehanort 'moving down the list' as he did for obtaining the 13th vessel(Whether he's acquired it yet or not), or at the very least it isn't for me.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
What I meant was would MX still see Kairi as neccesary, if he already had a spare light piece(Ventus'). MX might be aware that Kairi can weild a Keyblade, as he and Vanitas were present in Radiant Garden around the time she went through her rite of passage. As a result he has access to such knowledge, or at least to know when it took place and why. Xigbar and Saix were both present when Kairi was fighting the heartless with her Keyblade. Why go through the trouble of having to fight her(Which running on the assumption she is going to be trained) if it isn't neccesary to the Kye-Blade's completion?
Well for one, if Aqua herself was unaware of Kairi's ceremony, I really doubt MX or Vanitas would have been aware, either. Not that it matters, anyways; Kairi wouldn't have been a suitable heart for BBS' X-Blade back then. Furthermore, so long as there's no definite set of 7 warriors of light, Kairi will always have to the potential to become one.

For Yen Sid you'd be right, but applying this to Xehanort ... It's more bothersome than anything. All he needs is 7 light shards, how he needs to go about obtaining it from each candidate is for us to guess at this point(Though it's probably not a far cry from stealing their heart like we saw in BBS). The least trouble he needs to go through the better.
The X-Blade requires the clashing between the two forces, not some physical form of fusion.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
For Yen Sid you'd be right, but applying this to Xehanort ... It's more bothersome than anything. All he needs is 7 light shards, how he needs to go about obtaining it from each candidate is for us to guess at this point(Though it's probably not a far cry from stealing their heart like we saw in BBS). The least trouble he needs to go through the better. If there are other candidates it's not hard to imagine Xehanort 'moving down the list' as he did for obtaining the 13th vessel(Whether he's acquired it yet or not), or at the very least it isn't for me.
All I was referring to was Kairi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back