• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Kairi a "mary-sue"?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
"Mary Sue" doesn't really mean anything anymore. People use it to define a broad range of issues with a character. You'll have to be more specific, I think.

Awards
If Kairi were a Mary Sue, she'd either be a constantly crying wimp who could barely form sentences or a jerk constantly gloating about how perfect she is and how she won the Nobel Prize while beating up a shark during Halloween while sunbathing with George Clooney.......or something like that. And she ain't either of what I listed. What she really is is an underdeveloped character who really needs some time to shine

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
No. But if she might be called Mary sue in KH3 if she excels flawlessly in all of her goals such as keyblade training and defeating numerous powerful foes

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I feel like she'll develop much more in KH3. She was never paid much attention to as a character as opposed to an objective. I say that because Sora went looking for her in KH1, wanted to get back to her in COM, just a figment in 358/2 Days, saved by Aqua in KHBBS (no development), shown like once in KH3DS, barely thought of in Coded, and then in KH2, the one time we actually saw her really show herself as a character, she was saved by Riku. I think we'll be able to determine whether or not she is a "Mary-sue" in KH3 when we can actually get to know her beyond from what we've seen.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I have to agree with Osprey.
The fact that she's a keyblade wielder, PoH, a love interest for both main characters in KH1 etc....To be honest, yes, I think it's gonna be really easy that she'll turn into one in KH3 and I seriously hope Square Enix doesn't let that happen.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Kairi has had barely enough screentime to even constitute as a character.

Unless in III she is:
Perfect at everything
Has awesome powers
Does everything better than every other character
Solves all the problems
Adored and obsessed by everyone for no reason
Turns Xehanort good
A poorly written idiot
Hogs everyone's screentime
An author avatar

She shouldn't be, but the danger is there if Nomura overdoes it in trying to make for her lack of involvement in the series.

Awards
A Mary Sue is Princess Peach. Princess Peach happens to know how to fight, play tennis, drive race cars, play virtually every sport known to man, is adored by a whole ton of people, and she gets kidnapped everyday while screaming 'MARIO'.

Kairi is just a PoH who probably didn't even know that she was one until KH1, she has barely any experience with the keyblade, she definitely doesn't know how to play every damn sport known to man, she is not actual royalty, she's only fought over by two people who pretty much gave up a year later, she only really got kidnapped once while the supposed first kidnapping was essentially grave robbing without the grave.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Short answer: No. Blunt answer: Kupo no. Long answer: She some perfect super goddess without flaws and has a personality. Also NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muke

whatever
Awards
Wat.....

How exactly is that so funny?
Don't you know what a Mary Sue is, or...?
Void, I gotta admit.. I laughed too at the Thread.

all in all:

i do think that kairi is a mary sue. i mean did you see how she jumped in kh2 in twtnw?!?!!?!?!?! she didnt die it seemed like she was a god
i do not accept something like that

Awards
Wat.....

Void, I gotta admit.. I laughed too at the Thread.

all in all:

i do think that kairi is a mary sue. i mean did you see how she jumped in kh2 in twtnw?!?!!?!?!?! she didnt die it seemed like she was a god
i do not accept something like that
B-But Sora jumped from higher places ;A;

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Did you guys see how Kairi/Namine run? Those Girls doesn't have any athletic bone on their body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back