• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Is It Wrong.....?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Okay for the past week my girlfriend has wanted to talk about her parents divorce, and of course I am the one she wants to talk about it with. I know this sounds harsh to her, but I don't really want to talk with her about it, so for the past week I have mad excusses and other menial things to prevent seeing her, because I know that is the reason she wants to see me. This is the first time in our relationship that we have gone a whole week and only saw each other once. What I want to know is it wrong to avoid her and not talk with her about it; thinking that it will blow over?

~Sora?Kairi~

Personally, I think you should be happy that she wants to talk to you about it. That lets you know that she feels that she can talk to you about pretty much anything. I understand how you're annoyed, but if anything, talk to her a little bit. She's probably going through some pain right now, and there is no need to make it worse by avoiding her.

EDIT:

Plus, if eventually she catches on(if she hasn't already), she'll begin to tell you less, and her friends more. Just saying, deal with it, and it'll be worth it in the long run, unless you don't like her that much.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
It is just going to be venting, on why they are doing it and what reasons. I have also been a deal with my own problems kind of guy. I guess in a way I feel that this isn't my problem; therefore I haven't. The one night we did talk about it I said exactly five words the entire night, and we were out for two hours. I just don't see how her talking to me can help the situation. It's not my parents.

~Sora?Kairi~

I just don't see how her talking to me can help the situation.

She's talking to you because she wants someone to express it to. Either she's already told her friends, or she doesn't want them knowing. Obviously she trusts you. Would you rather her not tell you anything, and just leave you clueless?

It's not my parents.
That's selfish and harsh dude.

xxJonxx

Okay for the past week my girlfriend has wanted to talk about her parents divorce, and of course I am the one she wants to talk about it with. I know this sounds harsh to her, but I don't really want to talk with her about it, so for the past week I have mad excusses and other menial things to prevent seeing her, because I know that is the reason she wants to see me. This is the first time in our relationship that we have gone a whole week and only saw each other once. What I want to know is it wrong to avoid her and not talk with her about it; thinking that it will blow over?

Dude, you should talk with her because this wont blow over. This will affect her the rest of her life. Even in you don't want to talk about you must because she is your girlfriend.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
It is just going to be venting, on why they are doing it and what reasons. I have also been a deal with my own problems kind of guy. I guess in a way I feel that this isn't my problem; therefore I haven't. The one night we did talk about it I said exactly five words the entire night, and we were out for two hours. I just don't see how her talking to me can help the situation. It's not my parents.

Even if she decides to vent being their for your partner through thick and thin is all a part of a relationship. And I have to be honest with you Palmer, you're being quite the prick for not morally supporting her in her time of need.

How would YOU feel if you were in her position and you had no one to turn to? Like shit that's what. Even if the conversations are lack luster in quality (and quantity) it's better then sitting back and waiting for it to blow over and in the process make your relationship much worse. I've done similar things and what did I get? A slap in the face (quite literally in fact), so don't watch from the side lines. Be there for her so she understands that you're serious about her and your relationship.

That's all the advice I can give; not sure if it's going to do a bit of good though.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I guess I can give her some time to vent. I guess it would be lack luster, but if it can risk the relationship I will do it most likely.

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
It's not my parents.
*bust out laughing* Thats cruel.

Im going to get right to the point.
Listen to her, talk to her, and get it over with.
Tell her that she cant do anything about it. And Got to learn how to accept it.
But you have to somewhat care. Sounds like your not in a caring mood.

I guess I can give her some time to vent.
Thats good then.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
If you must, just nod and say "I see" and stuff like that. Just let her talk. She doesnt really want much else other than someone to understand her and be there for her. Which is pretty much in the job description of a decent boyfriend anyway.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Surely if you truly cared about her you wouldn't want her to be upset, and would try to appease her, even if you don't find it fun.

Come on, be a little more sensitive Palmer!

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
I have also been a deal with my own problems kind of guy. I guess in a way I feel that this isn't my problem; therefore I haven't.

How the hell did you get a girlfriend?
If you ask me, already by just posting this thread alone, you're proving how incapable you are of handling a proper relationship.

Do you expect it to work like this forever, each of you just minding their own business their entire life, never talking about anything? Have you ever heard of basic elements of a relationship, like trust, loyalty, honesty, etc.? This whole "minding your own business only" attitude wouldn't even be very appropriate if you two were just mere friends.

I think you seriously need to rethink your mindset in this regard, or you won't last long.

King Wolfe

Basically... Run
Awards

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! It's important for people to have at least ONE person they feel comfortable telling anything to, if she figures out you don't want t talk to her about that she'll begin to drift away from you, I'm sure you wouldn't like that.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
you'll never get married if you don't listen to your bitches.
or at least pretend to.

Allister Rose

French Lover

yeah, i think its wrong that your avoiding your own girlfriend jsut beause she wanted help/advice from you........

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Alright I told her that we could "Hang Out" tomarrow, that though is just basicaly a code word for lets talk. The thing I don't get though is she wants to go to a movie; I don't know how that is going to work out talk wise. Unless she did what she did last time and drug me out of the theater and sat in the car talking. That wasn't even about the divorce; I just hope this time she decides to talk before I pay for the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back