• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is it worth it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorakh212

Awards
HD remakes have always been an interesting topic for discussion with gamers because it's usually pretty split down the middle with them. It's usually a like it or hate it type of deal, but more to the point as a gamer that's been a fan of KH since the very beginning back in '02 I for one am very excited to see this get remade and better yet introduced to newer gamers or to those that are my age when I first picked up the series so 10 or so. That and the price alone is worth it especially with most other HD collections because it's multiple games for the price of one or better yet less than one.

TenchiKai

Website
twitter.com
I think it'll be worth it. ...I mean, I'm biased, because Kingdom Hearts is my favorite game of all time, but yeah...it's worth it. Final Mix in English IN AMERICA alone. I'm super excited to see the 358/2 scenes, too, because they're actually important to the Kingdom Hearts story over all (at least that's what everyone tells me. Dang me for not having a Nintendo 3/DS).

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think it'll be worth it. ...I mean, I'm biased, because Kingdom Hearts is my favorite game of all time, but yeah...it's worth it. Final Mix in English IN AMERICA alone. I'm super excited to see the 358/2 scenes, too, because they're actually important to the Kingdom Hearts story over all (at least that's what everyone tells me. Dang me for not having a Nintendo 3/DS).

It's definitely important, but the level of which is often exaggerated and especially in comparison to the other installments in the series. I think you'll enjoy it regardless though.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
HD remakes have always been an interesting topic for discussion with gamers because it's usually pretty split down the middle with them. It's usually a like it or hate it type of deal, but more to the point as a gamer that's been a fan of KH since the very beginning back in '02 I for one am very excited to see this get remade and better yet introduced to newer gamers or to those that are my age when I first picked up the series so 10 or so. That and the price alone is worth it especially with most other HD collections because it's multiple games for the price of one or better yet less than one.
This is an age old question that extends beyond gamers.

I know I use a lot of movie analogies, but TC, think of it like this. You have a favorite old movie I assume? Would you given the chance and proper equipment buy a new blu-ray edition of that movie? One that has been restored/remastered meticulously and is accompanied by brand new bonus features you might be interested in? Throw in the sequel and you've kind of got the gaming equivalent of that with this-or any-HD collection.

And for future reference, a remake is from the ground up. These remasters are simply optimizing/updating existing content for new technical standards without sacrificing the integrity of the original product.

And_5400

Seems worth it to me. Although I never got to play Re:COM or Days and that's how I justify buying it. Might not be able to justify buying 2.5 when it gets released since I have both vanilla games but I can justify this one. I already sold my copy of KH1 in preparation.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Seems worth it to me. Although I never got to play Re:COM or Days and that's how I justify buying it. Might not be able to justify buying 2.5 when it gets released since I have both vanilla games but I can justify this one. I already sold my copy of KH1 in preparation.
Trust me, you can justify purchasing 2.5.
You will get 2 FM, which has so much more added content it's a completely different game than the original version of 2. As well as Birth by Sleep Final Mix, with extra bosses, commands and re-vamped controls. Add onto that Re:Coded and you've got yourself a pretty sweet deal of a game.

axel95

Awards
Trust me, you can justify purchasing 2.5.
You will get 2 FM, which has so much more added content it's a completely different game than the original version of 2. As well as Birth by Sleep Final Mix, with extra bosses, commands and re-vamped controls. Add onto that Re:Coded and you've got yourself a pretty sweet deal of a game.
Don't forget (the rather slim) possibility of having DDD in some capacity. I think getting both of the collections is worth it just because I'll have the majority of the series on one console. The FMs and updated graphics are just icing on the cake.

Kisame

Hello!

With this title being just a few months away from it's English release I would like to ask your people that have been playing the Japanese version: Is it worth it?

I have played all the games (yes, also the Final Mix version of KH1), so is it really worth using my money for this package? And it would be great to hear your reasons why :)

Yeah I imported the Japanese version the day after it came out and it is WELL WORTH IT. In my opinion. Plus its a good way to burn time until the English one drops.

Sukiyomi

Currently, Im wondering if it will be worth it as well. I mean I love this series with all my heart, but I would also love to play this on the ps4. The fact that this game is coming out close to the release of the new console makes me kind of waver. This is because I have heard that their is a big possibility of most ps3 games not being transferable to the ps4.

So this raises my net question, why come out with a Final Mix 2.5 when it will only be discarded later in the later when the ps4 comes out? Yes, the ps3 will still have some life left for maybe another year or so until sony perfects the PS4 into some slim form like usual, but I thought the whole point was to try and get all the games onto one console? Why try and earn trophies when their will be no way to transfer them over to the ps4?

I would like to know everyone's insight on this situation because I am still debating on what to do. In the end I will probably get this package (1.5 that is) because KH1 is the only game I have not played. I would love earn all the trophies and put at least 60+ hrs in each game but when I think about it, Itll be a waste because Im a college student and do not want to waste my time playing a game that wont even transfer to the later console.

So any suggestions?

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I have heard that their is a big possibility of most ps3 games not being transferable to the ps4.
This is true. The system architecture doesn't allow for backwards compatability through software emulation. It would need to do it with hardware, which would hike up the cost. However, Sony has plans to make PS3 games playable via Gaikai's streaming service. But unless you don't mind rebuying your games, you'll be wanting to keep your PS3 around.

So this raises my net question, why come out with a Final Mix 2.5 when it will only be discarded later in the later when the ps4 comes out? Yes, the ps3 will still have some life left for maybe another year or so until sony perfects the PS4 into some slim form like usual, but I thought the whole point was to try and get all the games onto one console? Why try and earn trophies when their will be no way to transfer them over to the ps4?
The PS2 was supported long after the PS3's launch. In fact, production of the console only just ended this year. The PS3 will live for much longer than one more year.

Your PSN account information transfers completely to PS4, Trophies et al.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Is being worth it even a question? I'm trying to work and save for college but I don't mind spending up to 40 or so dollars on one game that's going to last me a while.

Sukiyomi

Is being worth it even a question? I'm trying to work and save for college but I don't mind spending up to 40 or so dollars on one game that's going to last me a while.

Money is not the issue, the issue stands with putting money into a game that will not carry over into the ps4 unless they decide to do a A seeker of Darkness collection for the ps4 or through the cloud system. I guess what I am saying is that they are trying so hard to get the entire series thus far onto one system just to have the ps3 go obsolete in a couple more years.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Money is not the issue, the issue stands with putting money into a game that will not carry over into the ps4 unless they decide to do a A seeker of Darkness collection for the ps4 or through the cloud system. I guess what I am saying is that they are trying so hard to get the entire series thus far onto one system just to have the ps3 go obsolete in a couple more years.
No argument there. I was just saying from a point of view that doesn't plan on trading in their PS3. If you want to trade in your PS3 for a PS4, it's a little different. By the time PS3's go obsolete, there will probably be some up and running PS3 emulators though, if you're all into that stuff. Slightly off topic, PS3 emulators will be easier to run on your computer than PS2 ones because of the changes, so it will be better.

And by "you", I mean people in general.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I've spent more than $40 on fast food in a month(not proud of it) so anything that lasts longer for the same collective amount is worth it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back