• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is it worth it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hense90

Hello!

With this title being just a few months away from it's English release I would like to ask your people that have been playing the Japanese version: Is it worth it?

I have played all the games (yes, also the Final Mix version of KH1), so is it really worth using my money for this package? And it would be great to hear your reasons why :)

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
I haven't played the Japanese Version of the game, but If you've played final mix, that's essentially what you are getting with Remix, only with updated graphics and controls.

Decrith

Because if you pre-order the game, you get a free artbook. :)

1.The game is in HD.
2. KH Days "The Movie!"
4.TROPHIES!

How about this, we play a game. Flip a coin, heads I win, tails you lose.

If I win you buy the game.
If I lose you don't buy the game.

Seriously though, I've also played all the games (except FM) but I'm definitely gonna buy it, in fact I'm having trouble if I should just buy the Japanese version or not, even though I don't understand. If you're looking for time to burn, lost your old CDs, or just plain bored, I suggest you buy it. :)

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

Sorarocks93

Awards
Because if you pre-order the game, you get a free artbook. :)

1.The game is in HD.
2. KH Days "The Movie!"
4.TROPHIES!

How about this, we play a game. Flip a coin, heads I win, tails you lose.

If I win you buy the game.
If I lose you don't buy the game.

Seriously though, I've also played all the games (except FM) but I'm definitely gonna buy it, in fact I'm having trouble if I should just buy the Japanese version or not, even though I don't understand. If you're looking for time to burn, lost your old CDs, or just plain bored, I suggest you buy it. :)

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

The more you wait, the better it will feel when you get the game in your hands. So I suggest you wait for the English version. But in the end it's your choice.

BagelBreath

Awards
$40 for KH1 Final Mix, RE:CoM, and 358/2 Days HD cutscenes (which is probably the best way to experience Days, the gameplay was terribad), all in HD with trophy support.
If you don't care about replaying them in HD, or the convenience of having 3 games on 1 disc, then feel free to skip it.

I haven't played the Japanese version, but you should know what to expect. It's nothing groundbreaking.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Okay in financial thoughts for this game... it's a steal. It has 2 games and a 2.5 hour movie in it... for 40 bucks! And if you pre-order, you get an artbook... Idk about you, but I like the idea. :3 Plus, it's Final Mix, so more things you never got in the NA original game!

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
plus the updates remove some continuity issues such as Sora's design. And a remastered soundtrack that is now live recorded!

wayward-wind

Website
www.last.fm
Okay in financial thoughts for this game... it's a steal. It has 2 games and a 2.5 hour movie in it... for 40 bucks! And if you pre-order, you get an artbook... Idk about you, but I like the idea. :3 Plus, it's Final Mix, so more things you never got in the NA original game!

Yeah, I feel like the artbook and the HD cutscenes makes it all worth buying :)

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
The updated graphics, tweaked combat system, special features (like bosses), and the fact that it's leaving Japan for the first time makes Final Mix make it a good purchase in itself. But you also get Re:CoM, which is a fun game (one of my favorites) with a very cinematic-style story (and you get to play as Dark Riku!). Plus you get pretty much a movie version of 358/2 Days... All for $40!

I think it's worth it. :p

Gonzales95

Awards
I wasn't sure whether I was going to bother, on account that I do own KH1 (which I haven't actually finished) and KH:CoM (haven't played it for years though), but on discovering Amazon UK had it listed at £24 I've decided its 100% worth it. 2 better versions of classic games and a movie to boot. If the 2.5HD remix is the same price I'll be 100% getting that too (even though I've played 2 and BBS to death).

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I think it's worth it. The price isn't that bad either. The things that will probably stick out to you the most are: the artbook, music rearranged with orchestral instruments, the updated HD graphics/textures/widescreen, etc. since they're not available in previous versions.

wolfshadow

I've never played fm so I'm hyped for that. And I preordered the game at gamestop back at the beginning June, would I still get the artook?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I've never played fm so I'm hyped for that. And I preordered the game at gamestop back at the beginning June, would I still get the artook?

You should, but I would suggest checking with them to be safe. There have been cases with Gamestop in the past where even if you preordered a game, you wouldn't receive the bonus because there weren't enough preorders to warrant a shipment of them.

wolfshadow

Luckily I haven't had a problem with that, so far it's a first come first served on preorder bonuses.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Luckily I haven't had a problem with that, so far it's a first come first served on preorder bonuses.

Good luck with your preorders wolfshadow! I hope you'll get your artbook just fine. For me, preordering online would be the most reliable for me since my Gamestop is a very small store and doesn't always have them in stock.

TheFelineFive

If you don't mind playing the same game again then I think it will be a wonderful experience to visit old worlds in High Definition. Also if you have yet to play Re:Chain of Memories then I believe it is that much more worth it.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
HD remastered graphics (with spruced up models), and English Final Mix​ release, fixed controls, a movie and Trophy support? For 40 bucks?

Yes, it's worth it. And I will play it to death and get those Platinums and feel so cool with that artbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back