• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is it worth it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I was surprised by how fun I found it.

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
This game was surprisingly really good. like I would deff have baught it for just the gameplay.

Hmmm, after I get a job, with my first paycheck Im buying a cheap DS and this game, thanks for the help, I just didnt wanna buy another 358/2 Days, xD

dude, maybe consider waiting for a compatible, new, 3DS? just a thought if your buying a new DS anyway. Im gettin at launch!

and just saying...I happen to like Days! hahahaa, but Re:Coded is seriously a heck of a lot better.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
This game was surprisingly really good. like I would deff have baught it for just the gameplay.

dude, maybe consider waiting for a compatible, new, 3DS? just a thought if your buying a new DS anyway. Im gettin at launch!

and just saying...I happen to like Days! hahahaa, but Re:Coded is seriously a heck of a lot better.

I also liked Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, why is it that so many people hate it? I know it has its ups and downs but its still a cool game.

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I also liked Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, why is it that so many people hate it? I know it has its ups and downs but its still a cool game.

hahaha sweeeeet! yea im pretty sure people dont like it because its pretty repetitive. And i will not deny, it can be, but Idk i find the story and gameplay to be pretty good and exciting. imean sure the gameplay isnt even comparable to Re:Coded, but its pretty good. Plus best DS multiplayer: the whole missions thing was good. idk, i am a die-hard roxas fan too, so there's that.
and just for fun, favorite preorder bonus too. Imean i got a normal KH Days poster, and i think it looks sick. way better than decals ha.

Swordsaint

the gameplay was bad because roxas is slow and weak in comparison to the enemies. There was a distinct imbalance in the gameplay. Unlike nearly every other Kingdom Hearts, you could hardly ever make the first move, because if you do, mid-combo they'll just attack you back since like 90% of the enemies in 358 don't stagger from regular attacks, and even normal enemies often have 2-3 life bars, and come in groups. When all that comes together at the same time it can become pretty ridiculous, hard for the wrong reasons imo. the gameplay wasn't fun specifically for those reasons. There's more though, like Roxas' dodge roll....everybody loves dodge roll but Roxas had the most useless one ever, it was slow and there was barely any invincibility to it.

Magic was slow too. You'd do something like, Fire, wait until fire hits or disappears...1...2...3...fire! It's just not a fast enough paced game to be enjoyable. It feels like work.

The thing about 358 was that in could've been good. The multiplayer idea and the general concept was good, but they screwed it up especially in gameplay. And most people don't feel the same as I do about the dialogue, but I thought that was hella bad too. Aside from the cliched damsel in distress story that Nomura created to have Roxas leave, I thought the point of Xion at that time was not important. Every plothole she covered, could've been explained in other ways that would involve Roxas alone.

The dialogue was worse though...It was embarrassing and corny. It really felt like the nobodies in 358 were feigning no emotion, rather than feigning emotion. A couple of things come to mind like Roxas when he laughs. "Oh I laughed". A person with no emotion doesn't laugh without meaning to. Though I realise Roxas technically can show emotion through Ven as a medium, but there's Axel too, who shouldn't have a reason. It's like they show emotion, Roxas asks about it, then Axel says, "oh but I don't have a heart". Not to mention the repeated plotpoint of having another replica program. It felt corny and repetitive even in cutscenes. And the constant showing of them eating ice cream was boring, and for lack of a better word again, corny.

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Okay I agree it was flawed. That being said, it was still not a bad game (imo). see thats the thing though, like the corny dialogue, I enjoyed that. I thought it was fun and peaceful to see the sunset after most missions. sure, the valued story moments were great, and i understand that that is the main point of the RPG. but it was still fun. I liked it a heck of a lot better than CoM. Days was a much better handheld game. thn you get BbS which is basically flawless. and Re:Coded which is like jumping a whole flight of stairs from Days.
So i'm not saying it was perfect. but it was enjoyable. It was the first break we had from Sora (even though NOW I am missing him, whole-heartedly). IMO, Roxas is a beast and I loved that he had his own game. and it also brought a lot of KH2FM stuff to NA.
So all in all, Yea, I liked KH: 358/2 Days, bugs and all. And I know plenty of people that do too.

Dark Wing

Awards
the gameplay was bad because roxas is slow and weak in comparison to the enemies.

that kinda reminds me of the first kingdom hearts lol In my opinion days controlled way better than KH1 did. and i didnt find the game that unbalanced. only some bosses were challenging, but in a good way. (except that first one you fight with marluxia -_- he was just annoying and had waaaay too many hp bars for that early in the game...)

altho i do agree about the corny dialogue

Anna825

hahaha sweeeeet! yea im pretty sure people dont like it because its pretty repetitive. And i will not deny, it can be, but Idk i find the story and gameplay to be pretty good and exciting. imean sure the gameplay isnt even comparable to Re:Coded, but its pretty good. Plus best DS multiplayer: the whole missions thing was good. idk, i am a die-hard roxas fan too, so there's that.
and just for fun, favorite preorder bonus too. Imean i got a normal KH Days poster, and i think it looks sick. way better than decals ha.

..but...I loved 385/2 Days!

At the risk of being flamed off the forum...I've played through it twice. It is my favorite of the Kingdom Hearts series. Loved it better than One. Loved it better than Two and CoM. Loved it better than BBS and Coded (and what I've played of Re:BBS).

I know the gameplay was sucky in a lot of areas. The panel system was underdeveloped. The bosses were kind of sucky. The storyline dragged in some places (actually I liked the slower, repetetive storyline. Made me feel like I wasn't wallowing in huge plotholes). And I HATE handheld gaming.

But for some reason, 385/2 Days felt more like a Kingdom Hearts game than a lot of the other more recent ones. I really, really, REALLY, got into it. It is my favorite of the series, always will be, and that's it.

Swordsaint

..but...I loved 385/2 Days!

At the risk of being flamed off the forum...I've played through it twice. It is my favorite of the Kingdom Hearts series. Loved it better than One. Loved it better than Two and CoM. Loved it better than BBS and Coded (and what I've played of Re:BBS).

I know the gameplay was sucky in a lot of areas. The panel system was underdeveloped. The bosses were kind of sucky. The storyline dragged in some places (actually I liked the slower, repetetive storyline. Made me feel like I wasn't wallowing in huge plotholes). And I HATE handheld gaming.

But for some reason, 385/2 Days felt more like a Kingdom Hearts game than a lot of the other more recent ones. I really, really, REALLY, got into it. It is my favorite of the series, always will be, and that's it.
flameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflame

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
flameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflameflame

loooooool....Well one time playthrough for Days was enough for me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back