• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is it worth it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tacochance

Ok, so I'm excited for the new game that BBS Final Mix hinted at and 3D, but, Re:coded looks cool, but is it really worth it? I know the story and everything that happens, so all Id be playing it for would be gameplay. Is it really worth it? It looks like a watered down KH1 with BBS's fighting system. Another problem is that my DS lite recently broke, (it turns on and off randomly, often while playing.) and I'm considering holding off till March and just buying a 3DS, even so, I might get Re:coded as the first game I'd buy. You see, I don't have a job yet, and I'd be worried about wasting my money on another 358/2 Days, after playing BBS, I've regained faith in the KH series, yet, I just gotta wonder, it it REALLY worth it?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Lol. I think it's worth it if you have the money to spare. Story line wise it's definitely not the best in the series but the gameplay is actually a lot of fun. Since the game is set in the "data scape" they play around with a bunch of different gaming styles. The gameplay is SOOO much more fun than the gameplay in Days.

ChrisP

I think its worth it. I'm near the end of the game and when I look back at it, it was a lot more fun than Days. The gameplay is better and it has a very unique style to it. If you have extra cash, definitely buy it.

imarvel

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but it was far better than days. There's far more extras to do on coded than days, I'm pretty sure it'll take at least a hundred hours, 300 max to get all the accomplishments lol. days, it only took 50 hours to get all sigils and stuff and hit lvl 100 in all 3 modes, totalling only 150 hours, about half of that fighting riku over and over.

axel95

Awards
I love this game! Right now I'm working on 100% completion. Like others have said, story wise it's not that important and the gameplay is fun. Depending on the difficulty you do it on you could beat it in about 15 hours. But if you do the side stuff than it will take a very, very long time to complete.

ChrisP

It actually takes one of the longest times for the KH games to 100% everything. It could last 100+ hours o.o

Xentus

Well i have it and sadly havent played it.But knowing that i pre ordered it (and i never have pre ordered anything) i would say that it is. And i'll reply again when i have played it.

Swordsaint

it definitely takes more than 100 hours

i'd say to 100% this game i'd give it about 130-150 hours

i'm basically done and my playtime is about 133 hours.

Tidus14

Mu cousin hates re:coded/BbS and CoM.. only that they have another fight system than kh1/2. <_>

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Is it worth it? Is fighting Kurt Zisa at Level 3 a bad idea? Goofy - "Hyuck, i think this was a bad idea."

Swordsaint

but kurt zisas easy with strike raid. :(

this games worth it. the gameplay is astounding i reckon, better than any other game in the series in terms of gameplay (except bbs). but thats it. it might've surpassed bbs if it was hard at all, but its fun.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
but kurt zisas easy with strike raid. :(

this games worth it. the gameplay is astounding i reckon, better than any other game in the series in terms of gameplay (except bbs). but thats it. it might've surpassed bbs if it was hard at all, but its fun.

Twas' a joke. I should have said The Phantom.

Swordsaint

is it bad that i find phantom easy too?

kh1 was broken easy except for sephiroth, and thats only when you're not on a decent level and have no strategy.

King_Sora_1991

Website
www.facebook.com
I played it on my friends DS and I only completed 2 worlds which was the Island and Traverse Town. After that i got tired of it. I like the story its just that I really couldn't get into it. Re:Coded is ok but its not for me. I think they should have left it only for mobile. But hey try it out. You might like it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
is it bad that i find phantom easy too?

kh1 was broken easy except for sephiroth, and thats only when you're not on a decent level and have no strategy.

Sephiroth was easy, when he casts Heartless Angel, just jump up and attack him. In both games Heartless Angel was the only thing that made him remotely difficult. Is it bad that i beat him in one try with that being an easy one, in both games. Although you can't stop him from casting in Kingdom Hearts II unless you use Trinity Limit, which made him damn easy.

Swordsaint

you can stop him in 2 what are you talking about

air dodge over to him is all

and i did say about 1 "unless you are low level and dont have a strategy."

tacochance

Hmmm, after I get a job, with my first paycheck Im buying a cheap DS and this game, thanks for the help, I just didnt wanna buy another 358/2 Days, xD

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Hmmm, after I get a job, with my first paycheck Im buying a cheap DS and this game, thanks for the help, I just didnt wanna buy another 358/2 Days, xD

Trust me. It beats Days. It makes Days look like Madden. (The joke is that Days is a good game, which it is, but Re:coded makes it look like Madden, a bad game.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back