• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is it true that kh fans think this?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

HAWTSAUCE

Awards
Im feeling kinda disheartened after hearing quite a few people echo the opinion that real kh fans hate the sequel and no one with actual interest or comprehension of the series could enjoy it..... i loved kingdom hearts 3 and honestly thought it was a great sequel!! I also tend to favor other games I see get a lot of hate like dream drop and 358/2.... Is this really a common opinion or have I just only finding more cynical fans? I know logically it doesn't actually say anything about my own appreciation for the series, I mean I'm an autistic guy whos special interest is kingdom hearts, but it's still making me feel kinda down man,,,,
plus on top of that I've been seeing people talk about how "real players" only play on proud mode. I am just chronically bad at video games. like I can practice for eons and I'll still be just as bad at em and need to play most games on easy mode in order to actually enjoy them,,, and I still struggled with a looot of moments on easy mode in kh :-(

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I really enjoy KH3, too. I know there was a lot of division over the game, but despite some flaws, it's still a pretty great game.

I don't consider myself a great gamer either, but I grew up with KH1 and so that was the game where I experienced difficulty for the first time. Ever since I played that game over and over to the point that the more challenging stuff didn't bother me, the more recent games I put on Proud to make them feel as close to as difficult as KH1 had been.

There's definitely no shame in playing easy mode, since not everyone plays games all the time. I know I don't. I go in moods, and I tend to think of games in the same vein as "Oh, I'd like to see this series / anime again, or read this book again" and then I'll put on KH or some other game because I'm in the mood to watch its story again.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Lemme give you some advice. Anytime you read/hear an opinion using the word “True Fan”, ignore it. Block them, move on.

They’re using trolling terms and people that gatekeep are not people you should interact/pay attention to.

This goes for EVERY medium and franchise you enjoy.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Hi there.

I'm actually glad to hear someone say that they play the game on easy mode and can't deal with the harder difficulties. I think it's a good reminder to all the people out there that trash KH that the game is meant for EVERYONE to enjoy. Not just expert gamers looking for an extreme challenge.

Regardless of other people's opinions of KH3, what matters is your own. I know a lot of people trash on KH3, but I actually find those to be people new to the series or people that picked up the game because of the hype. At the end of the day, if you enjoyed KH3, that's all that matters. I loved KH3. I definitely understand people's issues and I have my own issues with it, but it's still an amazing game.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Every fan has their favorite game. Mine is probably Birth by Sleep which still gets crapped on to this day for various reasons, legit ones and maybe not so legit ones.

KH3 has tons of fans. Overall, I think the reception of the game was positive. There were just some things many people didn't like, but I think you'd have to be a silly person to say the ENTIRE game sucked. KH3 made some amazing strides with graphics and gameplay. Although I didn't agree with some of the writing, it's not like the WORST thing ever. Some of it disappointed me, but I can't say I HATE it or that's the worst. It's not like it can't be fixed/cleaned up later in later games maybe.

There is no such thing as a "true fan". Everyone is biased. Everyone has their fav. Everyone has their least fav. The game that gets crapped on the most in this fanbase is the KHUX and even then I'd say more KH fans like parts of that game/story than KH fans that dislike it.

Some people set their expectations sky high and only reached the top of Mount Everest and I think that's what it all boils down to.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I love Kingdom Hearts so you will be hard pressed to find me actively dislike any title. III has massive flaws but she also has a lot of great things going for her. Stan what game you want to stan and don't give too much credence to anyone else.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Any statement that starts with *true fans* or *real fans* can be directly thrown into the trash can.

While it's true that there's a sizable part of the fandom that has issues with KH3, I don't think most of them hate it. The game does many things well, but falls short in some aspects, which honestly is more or less normal for these series. So while there are things regarding the story I'm not the biggest fan of I do think it's a fun game with a lot of good aspects and re:mind only made it better in my opinion.

Don't worry too much about what difficulty you play on. The only thing that matters is that you have fun.

Grey Skies

Awards
Elitism shows up in many places. It can be super annoying. The absolute worst community I've ever seen in terms of elitism is the heavy metal community. After witnessing all kinds of elitism (and regular attacks on minorities) in the heavy metal community, I've come to find the KH community pleasantly mild.

A lot of KH fans have many KH games that they don't like. It's the norm in this fandom, but they usually don't insult each other over liking or not liking specific games. Plus, when someone does insult you for your tastes, it doesn't say much about you at all. It doesn't make you a worse person, and it doesn't mean the insulter is better than you or has superior taste.

Plus, what is superior taste anyway? When someone compliments my taste, it really just means "you like what I like and I think you're better because of it". That's not a statement I want to live by. I cringe a bit whenever someone praises or criticizes someone else's taste.

Pestilence

Awards
There is no correct "real fan" opinion.

I have been on KH train since day 1 when KH1 launched, I thought KH3 was mediocre and dissapointing. I know people who are longtime KH fans that love KH3.

It's no stranger than the older question wether you prefer KH1 or KH2. There are many different pros and cons to each game that resonate differently with people. KH1 is my favourite game in the series and I know people who think it's among the worst. And I get where they are coming from. I also get why some people would love KH3.

Awards
Yeah, there is no "real fan". The internet is a big place. Finding a majority or a minority opinion about KH is pointless.

There are people who love it to death, and people who hate it to death.

People who enjoy the story, and people who go apeshit over Merlin saying Zero District.

I used to be like you. I couldn't comprehend why someone would hate KH and instead of calming down, I wrote angry forum posts about these specific people cuz I was soooo mad. The fact that these people had real bad attitudes at the time didn't help and only served to think I was justified.

Fortunately I grew outta that and really don't wanna go back into that.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Im feeling kinda disheartened after hearing quite a few people echo the opinion that real kh fans hate the sequel and no one with actual interest or comprehension of the series could enjoy it..... i loved kingdom hearts 3 and honestly thought it was a great sequel!! I also tend to favor other games I see get a lot of hate like dream drop and 358/2.... Is this really a common opinion or have I just only finding more cynical fans? I know logically it doesn't actually say anything about my own appreciation for the series, I mean I'm an autistic guy whos special interest is kingdom hearts, but it's still making me feel kinda down man,,,,
plus on top of that I've been seeing people talk about how "real players" only play on proud mode. I am just chronically bad at video games. like I can practice for eons and I'll still be just as bad at em and need to play most games on easy mode in order to actually enjoy them,,, and I still struggled with a looot of moments on easy mode in kh :-(
People love to bitch, but we wouldn't whine if we didn't care. TBh the only part of the KH3 game I fucking despise and was salty about was the Aredelle world, and I think Game Theory's video on it is probably exactly why it sucked so bad.

And don't feel bad about the proud mode thing. I'm old now, I don't have time to play hardcore shit like I used to. I'm still salty I can't get oblivion in KH3 because I can't even get past the tutorial darkside on critical mode (May as well call it fucking Dark Souls: Disney mode to me)

PS Your art in your signature is cute as shit

Courgette

Awards
I had a lot of fun playing it and for a lot of us it was also the result of a lifetime waiting. Disney's worlds were more detailed than ever, the gameplay was fun (I like my game easy enough), etc.

I'm still very critical about the writing though. In my opinion, a lot of characters should have stayed dead/impossible to emerge again such as Terra, Roxas, Naminé or Xion (and trust me, it's not because I don't like them). I'm a fan of realistic bittersweet intrigue (such as we see in KH2, CoM, 358/2days...) but here Nomura tried his best to bend the narrative to its maximum in order to please an hypothetical group of fans. Death has no more consequence nor meaning for the main cast and it feels like a waste.
Furthermore, the terribly written redemption arcs made me almost indifferent to my once favorite villains/antihero (Saix and Axel mostly *cough cough*). Let us have some good villains who are not apologetic about it please ! Of course they are not devoid of positive motivations/feelings/etc but we can't just sweep under the rug the very narcissist side of Axel and the sadistic powertrip one of Saix (without even talking about the dozens of life they probably ended with pleasure💀). It feels forced, once again.
I could rant for hours but I will end with the girls. What an insult. All of them were dull and basically identical. I miss KH1 and KH2 Kairi.

Back