• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

is it possible that Sora is not one of the 7?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingheartless500

could it be possible that Sora is not one of the 7 keyblade weilders.....? i heard some speculation that he could actually be one of the 13 darkness?

what is your opinion on this

ok maybe not one of the darkness....but i have a feeling that sora is destined to be something "Greater" then the 7 guardians

Last edited by a moderator:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think it's safe to assume that sora is one of the 7. Though I could see a scenario were it's revealed he isn't one of the lights, and if that's the case then yeach he could end up being something greater

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Sure, no one said he had to be. The idea that he won't be a GoL has been floating around for a while in fact. We don't even really know what a GoL is at this point.

HK Motendra

Awards
Admittedly, Sora not being one of the seven Guardians of light would indeed be quite the plot twist, but I find that to be highly unlikely, considering all that he's done. Perhaps being more than just a Guardian, since he's the one that'll save all those that were lost from Master Xehanort.

Sora is one of the 7 but he could be 1 of the 13 Darkness who knows :)
If he was one of the 13 Seekers of Darkness, then Xehanort's plan in DDD would have worked and he'd no longer be one of the 7 Guardians of light. He said it himself that he originally had his eyes set for Riku, but since he found a way to resist, like the Keyblade did, he went on the next candidate. If anything, Terra could possibly be one of them, since his body became a vessel for Xehanort.

horto12485

Awards
No Sora will not be one of the 13 Seekers of Darkness he's going to be One of the Protagonist of Kingdom Hearts III and be one of the Seven Guardians i believe he's one of them.

Wander

It's very much possible, Nomura did say that the people who make up the 7 Lights might surprise us. I can't see him as one of the 13 Darknesses, but him not being a Light is completely plausible, especially since anything concerning who the 7 Lights are at this point is speculation, other than the fact that there's probably going to be 7 of them.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Why, as the others had said, there is a possibility, no matter how small, that Sora might not be among the seven. It's just an assumption that he is.

But we need to remember one thing: Mickey's list of guardians. During the final confrontation in DDD, Mickey's list consisted of himself, Riku, his three friends, an unspecified member, and Sora. This means at that time, Mickey himself intended (or, at least, assumed) Sora to be one of the guardians.

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al
I think he will be, but the opening to Dream, Drop, Distance and the secret movie raise some questions. Are Namine and Roxas also guardians of light? I realize that the opening was made way before KH3 was even announced, but I like to think Nomura wouldn't let them put Roxas in that scene and then it gets retconned later (as he has had to deal with that same issue since the first game). Also, with Kairi's reveal as one of the 7, does Namine matter in the same way Roxas seems to? Maybe that's the one thing Xehanort didn't realize, he created two more guardians. 9 is a powerful number too....

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Why, as the others had said, there is a possibility, no matter how small, that Sora might not be among the seven. It's just an assumption that he is.

But we need to remember one thing: Mickey's list of guardians. During the final confrontation in DDD, Mickey's list consisted of himself, Riku, his three friends, an unspecified member, and Sora. This means at that time, Mickey himself intended (or, at least, assumed) Sora to be one of the guardians.

Actually when naming off possible GoL mickey only counted 6, himself, sora & riku, TAV. There wasn't no unspecified member as there are currently no others around.

But on top as Solosis and others have said it is possible Sora may not be a GoL or Seeker. I'd find it rather interesting personally if he wasn't a GoL but the one that brought the GoL together.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
It's very much possible, Nomura did say that the people who make up the 7 Lights might surprise us.

GASP! Xehanort confirmed as possible GoL!!!! jk No, but in all honesty, I can see Sora not being a GoL (but not 1 of the 13 either). It seems like a perfect plot twist by Nomura that's supposed to be shocking but that KHi guessed before it happens :p

Actually when naming off possible GoL mickey only counted 6, himself, sora & riku, TAV. There wasn't no unspecified member as there are currently no others around.

Considering Kairi seems to be 1 GoL, I always thought that the 7 comprised of those 6 + Kairi, but with all this humdrum about who it will be, now I'm expecting a shocker.

Gram

Banned
Awards
GASP! Xehanort confirmed as possible GoL!!!! jk No, but in all honesty, I can see Sora not being a GoL (but not 1 of the 13 either). It seems like a perfect plot twist by Nomura that's supposed to be shocking but that KHi guessed before it happens :p

Considering Kairi seems to be 1 GoL, I always thought that the 7 comprised of those 6 + Kairi, but with all this humdrum about who it will be, now I'm expecting a shocker.
As am I since we have no confirmations. Kairi wasnt counted but still possible given the title to the DDD secret vid.
Though with the PoH being targets I wonder if she'll be one, seems risky to put one of the enemies objectives on the front line.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Don't forget Lea!

Though with the PoH being targets I wonder if she'll be one, seems risky to put one of the enemies objectives on the front line.
Scenario: Yen Sid trains Kairi so she can defend herself, but says she will not be a GoL because of the risk of putting a PoH on the front lines. Kairi, at first, is okay with that, but as time goes on she starts to feel useless. She feels its not right for her friends to risk their lives while she does nothing. She eventually joins the fight, inadvertently becomes the 7th, and gets some well deserved character development.

What d'ya think?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I like to think that there can be more than seven GoL, seven is just the requirement needed to make the X-Blade, proper. With that said, taking the little we know about GoL and the text in 3D's secret ending, I think it's safe to assume that Kairi's is a GoL, but whether or not she'll be one of the seven used for X-Blade soup I think is another matter.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I like to think that there can be more than seven GoL, seven is just the requirement needed to make the X-Blade, proper. With that said, taking the little we know about GoL and the text in 3D's secret ending, I think it's safe to assume that Kairi's is a GoL, but whether or not she'll be one of the seven used for X-Blade soup I think is another matter.

Isn't seven the number of PoH, not GoL, required to reforge the χ-blade (yay for Greek keyboard so I can write it properly!)?

With that said, yeah, I think that there could be more than seven GoL, too. It's just an assumption that one PoH will fall under one GoL's responsibilities, and thus far there isn't anything that suggests that having more than one GoL for each PoH is not allowed.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Don't forget Lea!

While it's possible that Lea could also be a GoL, I never honestly saw him as a fitting one. I know people were throwing around the possibility of Roxas, Xion, Namine, etc. also being GoL but to an extent, I honestly think there will be 7. While I guess there can be more (I never thought about it) 7 and 13 are such iconic numbers in KH lore that I don't think Nomura would want to tamper with it. Given that I assume we'll only have 7, some keyblade wielders are not going to make the cut, and I can see Lea as being one of those.

With that said, yeah, I think that there could be more than seven GoL, too. It's just an assumption that one PoH will fall under one GoL's responsibilities, and thus far there isn't anything that suggests that having more than one GoL for each PoH is not allowed.

Given it hasn't been stated, I guess at the moment, from what we know, there could be more than 7, but honestly, I only think there will be 7 or 13. 13 because then it could be all 1v1 battle and 7 because that's what we were given. As I stated above, 7 and 13 are too important of numbers for Nomura to end up using like 9 or something in between.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Don't forget Lea!

Scenario: Yen Sid trains Kairi so she can defend herself, but says she will not be a GoL because of the risk of putting a PoH on the front lines. Kairi, at first, is okay with that, but as time goes on she starts to feel useless. She feels its not right for her friends to risk their lives while she does nothing. She eventually joins the fight, inadvertently becomes the 7th, and gets some well deserved character development.

What d'ya think?

Sounds like a decent scenario to me! =D
That could be an angle were she gets actual development. (After so long its about she felt that way) xD

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I think the idea of the Seven is that they are the Guardians of the Light. (Re:coded's secret ending is called "Another Guardian of Light" after all.)

In truth, as Xehanort needs a clash of seven light hearts and thirteen dark hearts, the easiest course of action would be to round up the Princesses again. It wouldn't surprise me if Lea and Kairi are sent out to collect the Princesses for safekeeping.

So, I don't think there's any real specific "requirement" to be a Guardian of the Light other than one's own willingness. In that sense, I don't see any reason why Sora wouldn't be of the seven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back