• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is it me, or was releasing KH3 on Xbox One completely pointless

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SoulXaldin

Awards
I mean, why go through the effort of doing that if you’re not gonna release any of the HD Remixes on it? (and that’s assuming that people buying this game exclusively own XBone’s and want to get familiar with the series).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I mean, why go through the effort of doing that if you’re not gonna release any of the HD Remixes on it? (and that’s assuming that people buying this game exclusively own XBone’s and want to get familiar with the series).

First assumption would be that they're in a binding contract with Microsoft they have to fulfill.

Doesn't mean that Square is at all enthusiastic or caring about the Xbox version though. They do it because they have to via a business deal.

Back in 2013 when KH III was first announced it wasn't yet clear which console would dominate and many expected it to be a similar situation to the PS3/Xbox 360 era so either Square included the Xbox line in anticipation of not making enough money with PS4 sales alone or Microsoft approached them with coffers full of money if they agreed to bring this anticipated title to Microsoft consoles as well.

Mad Magix

On the contrary, I’ve been an KH fan ever since playing KH2 back on my PS2. I have had a Xbox One since it first released and bought a PS3 to play 1.5 and 2.5 remixes. When KH3 was announced, I was overjoyed that they’re bringing it to the Xbox One coz now I can play it on my Xbox One X which is, and always has been my home console. There are fans like me out there that are happy for even one KH game to come to Xbox after all these years and for me it makes me hopeful for the future of Kingdom Hearts as a franchise.
Although, I do think that Xbox should have gotten the remixes before KH3 comes out, it’s neither here nor there as I’m sure they plan to down the line. I’ve played all of the games anyway (even borrowing my friends PS4 to play 2.8) and I couldn’t be more excited for KH3 to release tomorrow.
I know the majority of people are going to get the game on PS4, but it’s cool to think there are others like me that are grateful for KH3 on an Xbox.

Neo_

Awards
It was not pointless; it will sell heaps, not everyone owns a PS4 and you don't need the HD remixes to enjoy this game.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
It would take a lot of work to change the previous titles to make them xbox friendly, I actually had a discussion with my friend. The PS motifs are all over KH and it would take changing a lot of code in order to put them on Xbox. Sure, it'd probably cost less money to change that code than they would make releasing them for those consoles, but that's time and effort they would have to take away from other projects. Like they're currently doing with all those final fantasy games coming to switch and xbox.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Multiplatform = more sales. It will sell even with crappy marketing. Yeah I said it! C-r-a-p-p-y m-a-r-k-e-t-i-n-g

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Multiplatform = more sales. It will sell even with crappy marketing. Yeah I said it! C-r-a-p-p-y m-a-r-k-e-t-i-n-g

This is really the beginning and end of it. I feel like most of the KH fan base is on PlayStation, so that's why Xbox hasn't really gotten a ton of love in terms of the remasters.

But who knows? That could be something they bring to Microsoft in the future, if there's enough demand for it, I suppose. It's weird how they didn't do anything prior to the game coming out, but I guess they crunched the numbers and figured it wasn't worth the resources.

Malla

Xbox version is actually the definitive one because One X is the best console currently out

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
It's also important to consider the future plans for the series. Releasing KH3 on the X1 means that it can capitalize off the marketing that I presume would have been due for the game anyways and get X1 owners to become invested in the series.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
been a long time since KH2. Lots of fans may have drifted away from Playstation in the meantime. Xbox 360 was dominant over PS3 in the early years, it isn't unheard of for tastes to change. Also, KH3 is a big fat game in general, it's gorgeous, you fight enemies in Disney worlds, and shit explodes. It's got something for everyone, not just longtime fans.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The more important is, why Square Enix couldn't be bothered to remaster The Story So Far for Xbox One? Sometimes, Square Enix is just the worst.

Back