• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is it just me

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Or has "punk" fallen into the category of "emo."

Also, when did metal become Goth? Did I miss a memo or something

S

Shadow Soldier

Who the hell knows. The way I see it, there is no real definition of punk. Last time I heard it was people with wrist bands and skater shoes.

BunnyCupCakes

Day-Dreamer
Website
bunnycupcakes.deviantart.com
pwn3d said:
Or has "punk" fallen into the category of "emo."

Also, when did metal become Goth? Did I miss a memo or something

lol,I wondered about the same thing. New words are made everyday until their used from popularity. I didn't even knew what emo meant before but I guess that's the new phrase for today's punk bands.

Metal as goth?
I never heard of that one. At my skool,instead of calling ppl who wear balck & chains goth,the new term is emo.......(-_-);;;

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Those "changes" were made by people who don't know anything about the actual titles. They see black, think emo, and therefore all goths are emo. They hear metal, they immediately think "Oh, goth. They like death, and metal sounds deathly; therefore, it's goth." Then punk "Hm..whining about society..emo"

Yeah, it's just a change that the ignorant made to label more people and music genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back