• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is it just me or is Data-Sora a lot more likeable then the real Sora?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

D VLK

I don't know if I'm the only one but I find data-Sora's personality alot more likeable then the real sora. I've played nearly every KH game safe for dream drop distance. I think I've have nearly completed re coded. I'm in castle oblivion now and have roughly half of all the world cards. And I notice that this sora is a lot more cheery and positive. And a lot more stubborn then the real sora in a good way ofcourse.:cool: He knows that he's just a piece of data and he doesn't even care. He also seems a lot more easy going and a lot more spontaneous calling random people he meets friends right of the bat. While the real sora while also spontaneous seems to require more of interaction beforehand. This guy is so positive that even after losing his keyblade he still vowed to safe the world. He does most of his quest alone. And even though he has tons of friends. This guy wants to shoulder the burden of his friends instead of sharing it togehter like the real sora. This guy truly loves the world. He even grew his own heart and got a real keyblade.

His resolve seems truly unbreakable.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: Is it just me or is Data-Sora alot more likeable then the real Sora?

From a technical standpoint, yes, one can consider Data!Sora a more likable version because he has the benefits that the real Sora didn't in terms of writing. Sora's personality changes a bit every game for various reasons: In KH1 Sora was more of an "avatar" for the player to slip into and even though he had a distinct personality he spent much of the game quiet. In CoM Sora was being jerked around by Org.XIII and Namine memory shenanigans. KH2 Sora didn't happen. And for story purposes 3D Sora's naivety was turned up to eleven. It's a mixed bag of character development, game circumstances, and interpretation among the writers since it's a team and not just one person.

Data!Sora has only been in one game thus far and the writers had the opportunity to fine tune Sora's personality after all this time. Since Data!Sora is also an "interpretation" of the real Sora they can implement these changes without it seeming jarring or giving a weird excuse for it.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

You've echoed my thoughts D VLK! I really enjoyed Re:coded because of data!Sora's character. He wasn't riddled with all of the characterization issues the real Sora has in the series.

D VLK

From a technical standpoint, yes, one can consider Data!Sora a more likable version because he has the benefits that the real Sora didn't in terms of writing. Sora's personality changes a bit every game for various reasons: In KH1 Sora was more of an "avatar" for the player to slip into and even though he had a distinct personality he spent much of the game quite. In CoM Sora was being jerked around by Org.XIII and Namine memory shenanigans. KH2 Sora didn't happen. And for story purposes 3D Sora's naivety was turned up to eleven. It's a mixed bag of character development, game circumstances, and interpretation among the writers since it's a team and not just one person.

Data!Sora has only been in one game thus far and the writers had the opportunity to fine tune Sora's personality after all this time. Since Data!Sora is also an "interpretation" of the real Sora they can implement these changes without it seeming jarring or giving a weird excuse for it.

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed this

You've echoed my thoughts D VLK! I really enjoyed Re:coded because of data!Sora's character. He wasn't riddled with all of the characterization issues the real Sora has in the series.

I guess by the time re coded came out the producers had figured out which direction they wanted to go with sora. But yeah sora is incredibly positive. It actually robbed of on me. I'm always happy whenever I played re coded. I truly resect sora as an characters.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
i didn't find data sora that interesting so I'd say sora is the more likeable character out of the two

Ruran

Awards
i didn't find data sora that interesting so I'd say sora is the more likeable character out of the two

It has to do more with overall likability and personality rather than which can be considered more "interesting". The real Sora can be considered more interesting if only because he's had more screen time, but as Spock mentioned he's also riddled with characterization issues which Data!Sora doesn't have for various reasons. Real Sora's personality is kind of all over the place which can make him hard to pin down and relate to. While Data!Sora may not be as interesting(depending on what one finds interesting) his personality comes across as being better balanced.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
To be blunt, yes, yes I do find him more likable than the real sora. I have him tied with sora's personality from kh1 and CoM but anything kh2 or post that then data-sora takes the cake.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
No, I like real Sora more. I might be alone, but Data Sora was just overtly innocent to me to the point where I felt bad when it was my fault that he got hit (this probably sounds really weird). Real Sora is flawed, but at least he seems more realistic to me with flaws and stuff (albeit all over the place development) so I just like him more...plus KH1 Sora's design is not my favorite and Data Sora is stuck with that for now.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ To be fair nearly every game has had sora stuck in kh1 design. xD

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I personally like Data!Sora more than original Sora. Data!Sora is one of the main reasons why I liked CODED. He was a new character but not at the same time. Original Sora is great in himself, but as said, he's had some issues along the way. I feel like Sora's personality is now just to keep a positive attitude when times start getting rough. So if it means he's gotta act naive or "dumb"/goofy at times, it's to keep the story from getting too dark. Data!Sora wanted to carry the burden and not endanger anyone else, which he was told would be his downfall in the end. It made CODED a little darker, but since he's still Sora, he kept a positive attitude to keep things light.

KHRULER

Awards
I like real Sora more for some reason because he is ......real.I'm pretty sure this thread will be closed any minute now.

Ruran

Awards
Threads are only closed if they're more than six months old. Yer still good~

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Who is my favorite version of Sora? Why, that's easy. It's Roxas. XD

In all seriousness, I do tend to gravitate more towards the real Sora than Data-Sora. Don'y get me wrong, I do like them both as characters, but I feel that the former having more issues makes him a tad bit more relateable as a character. The latter seems to have been flanderized a bit much (which is also why the real Sora in 3D annoyed me moreso than he did in I, II, and even Chain of Memories.

And yes, Roxas is my favorite character overall if anyone cares...

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I still prefer real Sora, because I've been with him for so long, and he has flaws and stuff. But I do love data!Sora, and I like him more than some of Sora's characterization in certain games. But, yeah. Data Sora's awesome:) He has great humor, to make up for all the "WTF is going on?" that he's feeling, he question things more, but at the same time gets down to business and does what needs to be done. He also doesn't talk about all the heart/friendship stuff all the time, which was a refreshing, temporary change. -shrugs-

Gram

Banned
Awards

He also echoed mine. Data!Sora was very enjoyable as a character as was his interactions with Data!Riku and MD&G.
he seemed more like the "normal boy" Nomura constantly claims he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back