• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is it just me or do these graphics really suck?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokage

Banned
Awards
Okay, I know you rabid fans are probably going to bitch about this, but I have to point this out. Was browsing N4G.com and came across this video of Days. Just got a DS so I'm actually excited for this game, but man oh man, what the hell is up with the graphics? Some aspects of the graphics are wonderful like some of the backgrounds and I don't expect much coming from the DS but when your character models are beat by the previous GBA game (Chain of Memories) something is wrong here.

Here's the video from which my complaint stems from.

Gamekyo : Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: new video

And here's a comparison video of Chain of Memories.

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories - Darkside Battle

Now I know it's obvious that Chain of Memories was 2D and Days is basically 3D but still, doesn't excuse the horrid character textures and etc. The DS is more powerful then the GBA I'm sure and I'm sure they could do better than this. Not going to stop me from getting the game, but man, sure does dissapoint.

Anyways, discuss.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Try watching it on the site, it just looks bad because its nowhere near the size of a DS screen

????? ??? - 358/2 Days - Go to system, then click the video under the picture of Saix, Axel, and Demyx, and it is SO much better. And watch the ones under the picture of Roxas, while your at it :)

Hokage

Banned
Awards
Yeah, I was thinking that gamekyo blew up the video in size and thats what made it distorted. Still though, the character textures are not good at all. If it wasn't for the weapons I would have a hard time telling which member was which. The whole thing just looks rough and thrown together graphically. Not that I've seen any other videos though, this could just be a bad one, but first impressions you know.

Superschlock

Awards
Yeah, when I saw one of the first trailers, I thought it sucked, but I think the gamekyo one (on the Days site) looks amazing! I kinda like it better that KH2 graphics

Hokage

Banned
Awards
Meh, I don't know. I'll reserve judgment until I have the game in my hand. Not going to let it influence my decision as long as it isn't that bad in actual real life play.

Superschlock

Awards
Meh, I don't know. I'll reserve judgment until I have the game in my hand. Not going to let it influence my decision as long as it isn't that bad in actual real life play.

It looks really good here, straight from a DS 0:05 to 0:20

Hokage

Banned
Awards
Wow, what a difference. Must have just been the video as the video above really does look much more like it should. Thanks for dispelling my fears haha.

Rix

:)
Awards
Yeah, I guess it's because of the size. It will be smaller and better on the DS.

I think it looks great!

peachie

For a DS game the graphics are extremely good, even just viewing the video that's not on the screen of a DS.
Nothing at all to complain about considering the system it's on. Days is pretty much making the most of the capabilities of the DS, it's really pushing it graphically wise. It's pretty impressive.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
For the DS, and considering the amount of characters, enemies, environments, and weapons that have to be placed on one cartridge, I'd say that the graphics are damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back