• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is it just me, or did COM suck?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisp623

I bought COM thinking it was going to be really cool and different from KH1, and I got a boring card game with almost everything recycled from KH1. I think the card system and the recycled material ruined the game. Does anybody else share this viewpoint?

Bakuryu kun

chrisp623 said:
I bought COM thinking it was going to be really cool and different from KH1, and I got a boring card game with almost everything recycled from KH1. I think the card system and the recycled material ruined the game. Does anybody else share this viewpoint?
o_O why were you expecting 100% new material? the game is about MEMORY and they only stated about a million times that it would have mostly reused worlds shoudn't those have been little indicators? He was traveling through his own altered memories for the most part....so I wasn't ever expecting to much of a deviation from the first one except for maybe in little burst when he was outside of his memory of the worlds....which ended up being excatly what happend...

Heartless1990

It got boring quickly. Read my other threads. I didn't like it much either. Pray for KH2's release. PRAY :heals all party members: NOT THAT TYPE OF PRAY!!!

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I hated CoM >>; Alot. It was boring. The card system was repetitive, and lacked..funess. The story, even said by Nomura himself, is not needed to understand KH2. ;O I hated CoM

biglipsxi

WhO u ThAnK u DeAliN wIt
i hated it the card system is y i hated it if it was a regular game i wouldve luved it

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
The card system saved it from being a turn based RTS, and actually worked quite well, but did become repetetive quickly, and I hated the fact in R/R that you couldn't modify ur deck, finding 0's became bloody annoying.

But it did tie up a few loose plot threads from KH, and started several for KH2, such as Namine and the Org., and DiZ. It was a good game, but not brilliant 7/10

surfer1593

the game was boring at times but all in all i'm glad i played it and won it.

Heartless1990

Not only was it annoying to level and still be weak, you have to use card strategies to play. That's not how KH1 was like. KH1 was all attack, avoid, defend, and all action. COM was all cards and of course it got boring. Reverse Rebirth extended the pain of playing the game. This time, you couldn't even pickyour cards >.<

Demix

To be honest,I loved CoM.
I liked everything about it.
The story,characters,card system.
I wouldn't have changed it in any way.

DarrcEnigma

If you ask me everyone needs to get off of the "All card games suck" bandwagon, grow up and form their own opinion about each game. Just because a game has cards doesn't mean the game instantly sucks, as is the case with this game, if you ask me. ("If you ask me," meaning my personal opinion -- hence the flamers can leave me be.) I've been cutting Chain of Memories down since I finished the game (which happened to be two days after it came out in the US), but not because it involves cards. In reality, the card-based battle system is probably the best feature the game has to offer, and if you're patient enough to sit down and learn how to play the game, is actually a nice change of pace from the first game, which despite what people say was actually just good old "attack!," "heal!," and repeat.

Anyway, I'll be the first one to admit that the game has problems, most notably are the Room Cards and doors that require cards with an exact color and number, and with most of the worlds being reused and completely uninspiried (notice how none of the worlds after Traverse Town involve the main story until you reach Destiny Islands and Twilight Town?). We've all had the problem of having to track down a randomly generated blue, red or green card with a certain number to get into a door to continue the game. There's also the issue that some enemies (Defenders, Neoshadows, Riku VI, Ansem) are overpowered/overly annoying, and sometimes the game just stacks things so far in favor of your enemy that the game gets far too frustrating. Even so, the main game -- especially the storyline of the main game -- was done nicely in general. It wasn't anything spectacular, but it was original, and it was something to help pass the time for fans waiting on the true sequel.

The biggest let down, if you ask me, was Reverse/Rebirth. It failed in nearly every way because there was little story, hardly any character interaction, no customization options, and limited healing options -- all of which lead to an utterly boring and even frustrating (again, Riku VI and Ansem) extension. The ability to see things from Riku and Mickey's perspective was a nice idea on paper, but the end result wasn't nearly as nice. Considering that Reverse/Rebirth could be completed in less than half the time it took to finish the main story, it wasn't much use in the "replay value" factor, either. Since I never even considered playing the versus mode, I can't really comment on that -- though I wouldn't have expected it to be very fun.

Heartless1990

YuGiOh was even worse -_- like YGO7TTGWCE'05 (I abbreviated o.o)...the card game thing for COM was bad and repetitive. I liked the story to COM at least. But I don't care about COM anymore. It feels like the events of the game barely happened -_-...I'll wait for KH2

darkriku14

beginning and end
no, i thought it was good. i didn't like tha card battle system, but i still liked CoM.

E

Ecstacy

i liked COM alot. wasn't bad at all. and the cards didnt really affect it that much. cuz in the end all you were really did was press that A button repeatedly lol. so yeah i loved the game and the storyline.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back