• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is it easy to 100% complete KH3D?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Since I already got my PS4 and planning to get 2.8, I was wondering if anyone here actually beat 3D and complete in it's entirety. Is it easy to do, though?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Depends on how much time you've got to kill. To get all the trophies, you gotta play a minimum of three (or was it two...?) times to get the difficulty trophies. Then there's finding all the battle portals, which I simply haven't been able to do (I think a few might've glitched out? idk). Oh, and THEN there's maxing out the Affection of ALL varieties of Spirits. Which I haven't come close to doing, period.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It is easy to do everything except max all Spirit DE affection and create all Dream Eaters. You can 100% all other gameplay stuff in 30-40 hours.

Zephyr was doing max affinity for his Dream Eaters and I think his file was close to or over 100 hours because it's a tedious process.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
For trophies you gotta worry about the affection and portal trophies, those are the worst.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
It is easy to do everything except max all Spirit DE affection and create all Dream Eaters. You can 100% all other gameplay stuff in 30-40 hours.

Zephyr was doing max affinity for his Dream Eaters and I think his file was close to or over 100 hours because it's a tedious process.

Please don't let this be a trophy. If anything, let it be "Raise a Dream Eater to max affinity" or "Create all Spirits" but not create all of them and raise all of them to max. BBS killed me with having to complete all three characters' journals.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
That platinum is going to be a bitch, ain't it?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I never maxed even one affinity. It was fun playing with them, but it took too long imo.

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
It took me two years to max all the affinities and get all the special portals. I *finally* started on my Critical Mode playthrough a few months ago. I threw so gotdang many balloons while waiting for stoplights, taking long car trips, sleeping, etc.

I deeply, deeply don't want that system in the port. Honestly, if they keep affinity the same, I'm not going to play the KH3D HD because I don't have it in me to throw all those balloons in a game that isn't even portable.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
The affinity trophy is keeping me from even trying, everything else would be doable. If they fix that for the PS4 port I might go for it.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I still don't think they'll include that.
Maybe something like "max out affinity for ONE dream eater" or so. Let's be honest, Square Enix' platinum trophies have never been really hard. o0

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I still don't think they'll include that.
Maybe something like "max out affinity for ONE dream eater" or so. Let's be honest, Square Enix' platinum trophies have never been really hard. o0

But really, which is better? A difficult trophy that can be obtained in perhaps a week's worth of continual effort, or a trophy that is technically easy but requires weeks/months of time dedicated to completing it?

As someone who platinumed all the games thus far, I can tell you that BBS took me the longest (3 months) and it was entirely due to the journal trophies, which tacked on about a month or so of extra time having to do literally everything in the game 3 times. If there are trophies of that nature in DDD HD, I will not be happy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, but maxing out Dream Eaters affection? It isn't worth it, and there are other ways to make the platinum difficult. Getting all of the Dream Eaters is a challenge on its own. They could make a trophy that requires you to get all A-Rank and above Dream Eaters. That in itself if a much more worthwhile trophy to aim for, especially since it will also improve your Dream Eater's stats + move set per disposition + better Flick Rush stats.

Dream Eater affection is important, but should be scaled to a lower number value since it is beyond time consuming to max their affection. Zephyr tried and he wasn't even done after 100+ hours of endless grinding.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Yeah, I haven't finished BBS' trophies yet either. Thinking about it, I dunno if I ever will. Can I stand Terra's dumb face that long? Who knows.

I definitely prefer a "hard" trophy over one that just consumes hours and hours of time (like Final Fantasy XIII -.-), but err. I still think the hardest they'll include will be stuff like "play on critical" or "beat all special / secret portals".

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Yeah, I haven't finished BBS' trophies yet either. Thinking about it, I dunno if I ever will. Can I stand Terra's dumb face that long? Who knows.

I definitely prefer a "hard" trophy over one that just consumes hours and hours of time (like Final Fantasy XIII -.-), but err. I still think the hardest they'll include will be stuff like "play on critical" or "beat all special / secret portals".

The Law of Trying To Get Platinum Trophies states that there must always be that one trophy that is a complete pain in the ass. So there will be one trophy that makes us all groan.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Special portals will be enough of a pain since they are quite random and you have to drop multiple times to actually get them. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back