• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is it a bad time to get into Union X/ Unchained?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeto

Awards
I was bored during school today so I downloaded Union X. But I'm lowkey scared to open it, with the name change and the apparent gameplay changes. I already watched all the cutscenes, I just want to try the gameplay.

Ueki_168

If you have watched all the cutscenes maybe you'll find going through the story missions a drag. There are a lot of newbie friendly quests and you can get a lot of things from the Tutorial Quests on the Special section.

If you find it impossible to do some missions, or score high on the current High Score Challenge, etc.. it doesn't really matter. I think it's a good time to get into KHUx casually.

Just be wary that it's much better when we are under 0AP campaigns. But you just missed it! And as for the name change, do not worry, it's just a way of promoting the big update really. The "changes" on gameplay are just improvements, you would find Unchained X to be a watered down Union X if you compared the two now.

I'd say jump in with no fear, and try to find your way of playing, that way you'll enjoy it the most.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Honestly, it's far more user friendly now than it was when it started as Unchained X. Try and get through as many story quests as you can, and just spend Jewels on the 1500 medal deals, or as extra lives during boss battles (excluding Union Cross battles).

Muke

whatever
Awards
Honestly, it's far more user friendly now than it was when it started as Unchained X.).
lool this isn't true at all

It's still kinda fun. I say the sooner you play the better, since then you won't miss out on things we get even more

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Any time is good as even though you miss some stuff others have, other good stuff will release. Also you can hook up thousands of jewels through the main quests alone at this point.

Leopardess

Legendary Member
Awards
Not so user friendly. Union Cross multiplayer is still crashing for many players, and not just because they are using MoG blade. Very laggy, clunking update.

Play if you love Kingdom Hearts, but do not get seduced by the gacha, greedy SENA method of taking your money. Try F2P.

DefiantHeart

Awards
Honestly, at this point I'd consider just skipping it all-together and just watch the cutscenes on youtube. Everglow has been keeping a record of both the global and jp storylines. My reasons for skipping it: 1. Chu see the greedy side of SENA a whole lot, and it can make chu jaded about the series like with me, 2. A lot of powerful event medals that would've helped considerably are long gone, 3. The main greedy part: the medal pull system is still really terrible with the recent one being the Namine one... and if you're not mentally strong with controlling your urge to pull and spend money, it can be very addictive and leave chu with sorrow.

If chu still want to play after those three reasons, then at least wait until next year. By then we should be getting better deals with SENA trying to "get rid of" the older medals to bring in the new; what I mean by "get rid of" is simply saying SENA trying to make off every last buck they can on a old obsolete medal, and making it more appealing with a higher pull rate and guilt.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the game for it's customization mostly, but SENA's made me and others really jaded towards the series with their greed, I'd rather not see some other KH fan fall in this manner. XD

Akasha

the city near the mountain with the faces on it
Well, I would say it's up to you whether you want to play or not- there's reasons both for and against it. I would personally say to start now, because if you don't you may miss future beneficial events. I can definitely say that if I had started when I first saw it on the app store, I probably would have been able to get better scores in challenges.

Good:
-Union X is far better than Unchained, having the new Union Cross game mode and medal traits
-Lots of customization options- right now, the Union Cross is a set of water-themed samurai armor
-Great if you want to experience the story again with your own player character
-Parties are very willing to help you out
-Union Cross has newbie medal deals and quests to help new players get on their feet
-Also in regards to medal pulls, recently pulls were overhauled so that most featured deals often give only tier 4 or higher medals
-If you can practice some self-restraint with jewels, you can maximize your benefits and play F2P
-You can go ham during the 0AP events, which are near-constant at this point (though sadly, not going on right now)
-Overall, more player-friendly when it comes to gameplay

Bad:
-SENA is still pretty greedy when it comes to medal pulls
-There's still optimization issues and crashes due to the Union X update
-Dumb translation mistakes (I don't have a problem with them, but I know a lot of people do)
-When you are low level, a lot of events are very daunting, if not outright impossible.
-Some outfit and medal drops are timed, so if you don't get them within the ~week of the event, you might miss out on them
-0AP events are so common that it might feel pointless to play later missions without them

appleboy82791

Awards
Honestly, at this point I'd consider just skipping it all-together and just watch the cutscenes on youtube. Everglow has been keeping a record of both the global and jp storylines. My reasons for skipping it: 1. Chu see the greedy side of SENA a whole lot, and it can make chu jaded about the series like with me, 2. A lot of powerful event medals that would've helped considerably are long gone, 3. The main greedy part: the medal pull system is still really terrible with the recent one being the Namine one... and if you're not mentally strong with controlling your urge to pull and spend money, it can be very addictive and leave chu with sorrow.

If chu still want to play after those three reasons, then at least wait until next year. By then we should be getting better deals with SENA trying to "get rid of" the older medals to bring in the new; what I mean by "get rid of" is simply saying SENA trying to make off every last buck they can on a old obsolete medal, and making it more appealing with a higher pull rate and guilt.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the game for it's customization mostly, but SENA's made me and others really jaded towards the series with their greed, I'd rather not see some other KH fan fall in this manner. XD

I completely agree with this. I played KHUX from launch and I just stop playing all together a few weeks ago. I got sick and tired of this title ruining KH for me. Now I only watch the cutscenes because in the end, that's all that matters for KH story and lore purposes. In my opinion this game is a massive stain on the KH franchise. I really wish they had never made it and just made X Back Cover lengthier and cover everything in KHUX.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I completely agree with this. I played KHUX from launch and I just stop playing all together a few weeks ago. I got sick and tired of this title ruining KH for me. Now I only watch the cutscenes because in the end, that's all that matters for KH story and lore purposes. In my opinion this game is a massive stain on the KH franchise. I really wish they had never made it and just made X Back Cover lengthier and cover everything in KHUX.

Yeah, the game's greedy, but to go as far as to say that it shouldn't be playable, or even exist? nope, I disagree on that front. For a mobile game, this game looks beautiful. The storybook aesthetic looks really timeless, the game has a fantastic Heartless variety, and the story is really engaging for what it's worth. And mechanically, it's more enjoyable than 358/2 Days and Re: Coded so it has that going for it too.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
it has great heartless illustrations, but honestly you're better off watching scenes if you just want the plot. Unchained has almost nothing in common with anything that makes KH games great.

Zeto

Awards
Wow, thanks for all the tips and replies people!

honestly, this has me even more split now that I have seen what it offers and its drawbacks, but I think I'm going to hop right in.

I usually drop games if they don't grab me in the beginning segments so this may or may not last (shoooo that's how I got into KH, KH1's opening was epic af)

But I do agree that this should not have happened and is kind of ruining the series for some, including me.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Wow, thanks for all the tips and replies people!

honestly, this has me even more split now that I have seen what it offers and its drawbacks, but I think I'm going to hop right in.

I usually drop games if they don't grab me in the beginning segments so this may or may not last (shoooo that's how I got into KH, KH1's opening was epic af)

But I do agree that this should not have happened and is kind of ruining the series for some, including me.

It's easy to say that "This game shouldn't have existed" because of its nature as a mobile application, however, I believe that the positives of this game definitely outshine the negatives. Give it a go and let us know what your initial impressions are of the game.

Zeto

Awards
So I finally took this game for a spin and here are my impressions.

-Gameplay is tighter than I expected
-The medals or whatever you attack with are very unclear on what they do for you
-I don't know what to buy with my jewels
-Should I continue with the story or do these limited events?
- AP?
- Actual new songs, and the songs they did reuse don't seem downgraded versions from the consoles.
- I like the amount of limited time offers and events to freshen up the game
- Dont know where is the optimal place to get jewels or equipment
- Leveling up my Lux is only beneficial for ghe story missions right? Mayhe not idk

And those were the things going through my mind while playing this lol. Overall it wasn't that bad, but once they take off the training wheels things can get pretty intimidating for newcomers.

keyblademaster42

Bronze Member
Awards
So I finally took this game for a spin and here are my impressions.

-Gameplay is tighter than I expected
-The medals or whatever you attack with are very unclear on what they do for you
-I don't know what to buy with my jewels
-Should I continue with the story or do these limited events?
- AP?
- Actual new songs, and the songs they did reuse don't seem downgraded versions from the consoles.
- I like the amount of limited time offers and events to freshen up the game
- Dont know where is the optimal place to get jewels or equipment
- Leveling up my Lux is only beneficial for ghe story missions right? Mayhe not idk

And those were the things going through my mind while playing this lol. Overall it wasn't that bad, but once they take off the training wheels things can get pretty intimidating for newcomers.

- Spend Jewels on only 3 things Avatar Boards. medal storage increase and Medal packs
- If you can do limited events like the Aladdin challenge or the jewel quests go for it as best you can
-You can increase your ap by spending Avatar coins on avatar boards, this will also increase health and cost cost being medal cost
-If you joined the Volpes i can add you to my group for now so you can fast level and get the raid coins from the raid boss board until you wish to leave the group or find other friends. If your volpes

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The medals were confusing for me at first, but here's the gist of how they function.

Green Wing Medals are Speed
Blue Shine Medals are Magic
Red Sword Medals are Power

The effectiveness is like Pokemon. Green beats blue, blue beats red and red beats green. Now, I'll break down the different types of medals that you can use.

Single attack medals (medals that attack one opponent)
Multi attack medals (medals that attack multiple opponents)
Buffer medals (medals that increase strength/defence or decreases opponents strength/defence etc.)

Medals have to level up. Because you just started the game, it's advisable to just do the main story quests until you have Treasure Trove, Lady Luck and Three Wishes. Treasure Trove is a Keyblade for Power Medals, Lady Luck is for Speed Medals and Treasure Trove is for Magic Medals. Starlight is mixed (for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back