• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Gum another term for rubber?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
As the title asks, is gum another term for rubber? I know this thread has a high possibility of being spam but this is something I need to confirm. I'm having the moment of uncertainty. If you do think it's spam, then just PM me and tell me that it it is and if Gum is another term for Rubber.

Thanks much and sorry for the trouble of telling me.

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Those options aren't helpful. Google is random and wiki is unhelpful. I tried dictionary.com but it's pretty much no use.

iloveyou502

Battling my inner demons....and winning thank you
they do use something like rubber in gum
i think its tree sap or something
but gum acts like rubber, so i guess they could be used as eachother in certain circumstances
but that is just a guess

Your right the main ingredient in gum does come from trees. Its not sap though its something else... I used to know the name but its not coming to me.

Abel

There are dozens of prior uses for the word "gum." You would know this if you had access to the Oxford English Dictionary.

Why are you asking people how to use a word, though? Use it however you want to. Language is malleable, and would die if there were never any innovations. Dictionaries have no authority over how you can use language, they simply tell you how it is used. Be an innovator.

God said: “Let Spirit perish into Form,”
And lexicographers arose, a swarm!
Thought fled and left her clothing, which they took,
And catalogued each garment in a book.
Now, from her leafy covert when she cries:
“Give me my clothes and I’ll return,” they rise
And scan the list, and say without compassion:
“Excuse us — they are mostly out of fashion.”

Sigismund Smith

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
There are dozens of prior uses for the word "gum." You would know this if you had access to the Oxford English Dictionary.

Why are you asking people how to use a word, though? Use it however you want to. Language is malleable, and would die if there were never any innovations. Dictionaries have no authority over how you can use language, they simply tell you how it is used. Be an innovator.

God said: “Let Spirit perish into Form,”
And lexicographers arose, a swarm!
Thought fled and left her clothing, which they took,
And catalogued each garment in a book.
Now, from her leafy covert when she cries:
“Give me my clothes and I’ll return,” they rise
And scan the list, and say without compassion:
“Excuse us — they are mostly out of fashion.”

Sigismund Smith

No, I mean scientifically. Can gum be another term/form of rubber scientifically as in do they come from the same substance which can call them "two different children of the same mother." The question is still bugging me. Can they call each other "siblings" of the same tree. From what I heard, gum and rubber comes from two different trees. This thread is somewhat a confirmation thing. I forgot to close it.

Sorry for the trouble though.

Abel

So you're asking whether gum is a type of rubber, which has nothing to do with terminology or lexicography. Thanks for wasting my time. Learn how to ask questions.

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
So you're asking whether gum is a type of rubber, which has nothing to do with terminology or lexicography. Thanks for wasting my time.
It's your fault that you wasted your own time. If it were my fault, I would be forcing you. It was your choice and did it on your own whim.
Learn how to ask questions.
It sounds like your saying I'm stupid. Are you trying to degrade my intelligence? Why don't you try to tell a difference between simply, laid out questions and questions which ask about figurative language.

[Thread Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back