• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Disney having another Renaissance? (Looks like it)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kago

I liked enchanted.

I'm looking forward to most of these movies, not so much toy story 3, never really liked toy story, the music got on my nerves too. I don't understand why they are making a sequel to cars, they already did with it's video game. My brother has the game for gamecube, and it's set after the movie. Oh well, i wonder what it will be about. And what happened the little mermaid 3, isn't it supposed to come out this year? And on disney insider, they said that they only sequels that they were going to make for their classic would be the little mermaid 3 and peter pan/tinker bell. They lied.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
And not ALL Disney sequels are horrible. Toy Story 2 was pretty good and so was Lion King 2. And Bambi 2 was actually a prequel, I think. But, now that they bought Pixar, we can expect to see MANY unnecessary sequels to Pixar films.

I said they were usually awful =(

Bambi 2 was a mid-quel, for lack of a better word. It showed what happened between his mother's death, and his coming of age - the time where the male deer looked after him.

<3

Disney needs to start churning out musicals like they used to. Best part about Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin were the catchy and awesome songs.

So true, and with great musicians such as Elton John (Lion King), Brad Kane (Aladdin) etc., hopefully Disney can match such great entertainment.

Look forward to Cars 2, Toy Story 3, and a few others. (No doubt my younger brother will want me to take him to most of these).

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I'm only looking forward to the new stuff.

I never really liked Cars, to tell the truth.

Enchanted PWNED. AWESOME MOVIE.

Walt Disney was an amazing person. He believed that anything was possible as long as you believed, and his films were proof of that.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
@morningstar: Well you know the Shrek movies right? (NOT DISNEY BUT Sequel connected)

There have been 3 made already. And they are doing a 3rd movie. They also are doign a movie just for the character of Puss in boots

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Shrek is being whored to death, IMO. D: The first was a great film, it was genuinely funny, and had good animation, but with every sequel, it has lessened in quality - while the animation remains consistently high quality, the concepts, scripts, and characters are wearing thin. D:

[/offtopic]

I thought Disney closed their traditional animation studios? That might have just been a rumour...

<3

Josiah

Quarian Power!
Apparently they did. I'm just glad they're opening their studio back up again! I'm hoping that their newest animated movie will be the first of a string of successful ones. Movies that remind us of how Disney made their movies not too long ago...

Awards
Disney needs to start churning out musicals like they used to. Best part about Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin were the catchy and awesome songs.

Look for the bare necessities, the simple bear necessities. Forget about your worries and your strife.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
@morningstar: Well you know the Shrek movies right? (NOT DISNEY BUT Sequel connected)

There have been 3 made already. And they are doing a 3rd movie. They also are doign a movie just for the character of Puss in boots

Dreamworks is simply looking for the quick buck.

captain

Bronze Member
What's the deal? Trash on Cars and Enchanted? Two of the best movies Disney has put out in years! Stop worrying, all of these movies look great (except newt). No movie on the Disney canon has ever been bad (except maybe Home on the Range). Most of those movies just didn't do well in the box office because people who didn't see them decided they were bad.
And the Pixar movies! Everyone was great! Great story, great animation, great everything. And the sequels? They've wanted to make Toy Story 3 forever, and have been planning a new sequel. Makes sence that they went somthing more recent like Cars. But notice that Cars 2 is coming out after all of these others ones that look great?
They can only pump out so many original ideas at a time. The only thing Disney does not need to do is those stupid video sequels! Everything else looks great though. I may even see some future Kingdom Hearts worlds here.
(Sorry for such a long post... :bored:)
List of Disney theatrical animated features - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back