• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Days Really a Bad Game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days a bad game in terms of General games?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I loved Days. Equipping new keyblades changed how you fought, the multiplayer was a blast, it posed a real challenge on proud(unlike a certain KH2), and I really enjoyed the story and the relationship between Roxas, Axel, and Xion. Honestly, I liked them better than the original trio or the BBS trio. This may be because their relationship felt more developed to me because we see their friendship from the beginning where as the other trios were already friends when we were introduced to them.

I also found Days to be one of the saddest, we knew what had to happen, the inevitability of it all (kind of like Crisis Core), but we got to build our own relationships with these characters leading up to their fates. Maybe KH3 will help Days be not so sad, but for now I find it to be the saddest (in my opinion moreso than BBS).

Days is not perfect, but I love it!

shaneycat2012

Banned
This one was the first kingdom hearts game i ever had ... in all honesty kingdom hearts days was the one that wanted meh to carry on and try all these other series of kingdom hearts . just as soon as i played it i thought to eh self omg ... i love this game ! but at first i was omg i will probably hate it . and u know what i am so happy that i played kingdom hearts its made my life all that more enjoyable no jk it just made me brighten up the world around me after playing for so long ... i played since i was 7 ... thats 5 years ! XD

1ofamillion

Awards
I think Days is one of my favorites, just because of the story. It is the only Kingdom Hearts where I nearly cried, and I couldn't stop thinking about it for days. I really enjoyed what they did with the trio, and it just ended so sadly. I think Roxas is one of those characters I really connected with, and his story all together was just so sad :(

shaneycat2012

Banned
I think Days is one of my favorites, just because of the story. It is the only Kingdom Hearts where I nearly cried, and I couldn't stop thinking about it for days. I really enjoyed what they did with the trio, and it just ended so sadly. I think Roxas is one of those characters I really connected with, and his story all together was just so sad :(
Yea i felt the same in parts of it i actually cried at parts of it like when xion was fading away D: i didnt think they would do that to poor xion :(

1ofamillion

Awards
Yea i felt the same in parts of it i actually cried at parts of it like when xion was fading away D: i didnt think they would do that to poor xion :(

I know! I just watched the cutscenes and read the diary entries from 1.5, and now I am sad haha. I missed a lot of the story when I first played it, because I have learned so much from watching the cutscenes. I also love how they connected it to BBS without me even realizing it/remembering it.

13Rox

-Spoiler Alert-
I loved it!! It is like my life. haha jk but seriously it was my favorite and it made Roxas my favorite character because I feel like he does have a heart because he cries and later on they say you have to have a heart to cry so it kind of hints that when Sora and Roxas got split in two that Ventus's heart that was with Sora went away with Roxas so Roxas really did have a heart and just didnt believe he did.

Sora Vanitas

for the gameplay meh its ok for me, i get alot in tight spots here, but since iam a huge KH fan, i surely like it a lot, only because of the story plot, we get sora's storyline we get ventus story line, at least give roxas some credit and give his storyline as well, it may get boring at some time, but at least the story plot keeps me on playing the game, too bad this remake is only cutscenes.

RoxasFrost

Days was always my favorite fro the story and emotional journey it takes you on.
Roxas being my favorite character aside, I played Days before KH II, and it was way sad to play as Roxas, knowing what had happened.
Days is ok in my opinion.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
Since this was bumped, might as well add my input. I voted on the "It's ok.." category. Days' story is one of my favorite KH games, story-wise. The only downfall in my opinion is that the gameplay was the worst of all the series in my opinion. The missions felt extremely repetitive and I just wanted to powerhouse through them just so I could continue on with the story. I found the gameplay dreadfully slow and dull and there wasn't really anything special about it in my eyes. The storyline is what saved this game, even though it was somewhat of a side-story that's also very much canon.

Big Mad Draco

Days definitely suffered from the DS's limitations. Most of it's problems stem from that. What Days really needs is an expanded remake for an actual console. I would say it was more worth of full remake than Chain of Memories.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Days definitely suffered from the DS's limitations. Most of it's problems stem from that. What Days really needs is an expanded remake for an actual console. I would say it was more worth of full remake than Chain of Memories.

They intended to remake it but couldn't due to time constraints. As for the game, the DS's limitations wasn't it's only problem.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Well, guess what? They originally intended to remake it for 1.5, but they just didn't have enough time to do it. That's why we only got a series of cutscenes; if there were enough time, we would have gotten a full remade game instead.

Edit: Ninja'd big time...

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I find it really hilarious that this thread is still alive.

The problem I feel is that they focused too much into making a mediocre multiplayer mode with a million playable characters which resulted into a mediocre Single player mode being a direct correlation because of it. You played as Roxas for 95% of the game and there's only so many moves he gets for the entirety of the game that just drags on the repetitive nature of this series into the ground all the way down to its bedrock.

The one thing that made this series so great was its ability to keep the gameplay interesting with new moves and abilities throughout. This game had none of that because it focused too much on making 15(+ probably as my memory fails me) playable characters for multiplayer and weapon customization.

The idea of playing as every Organization member sounded really cool in theory but translated to being one of the main reasons that game flopped as bad as it did.

Big Mad Draco

They intended to remake it but couldn't due to time constraints. As for the game, the DS's limitations wasn't it's only problem.
The repetive maps, bad camera control, and more limited boss AI are all results of memory limitations of the the DS.

Gram

Banned
Awards
The repetive maps, bad camera control, and more limited boss AI are all results of memory limitations of the the DS.
Yes and as I said, which you seemed to have overlooked, the DS' limitations weren't the games only problem.

Gram

Banned
Awards
And I disagree. To me there really weren't any other glaring flaws.

And I disagree with you thus why us continuing this or you quoting me to begin with being pointless. It'd just be going in circles of posts I've made in this thread over the years.

Veritas7340

I feel like Days was a great concept that was not well executed. The repetitiveness of the combat and missions was the primary factor that prevented the game from being a bigger hit.

IMO, they should've eliminated the side-missions that didn't advance the plot and instead let the gamer explore previously encountered worlds themselves.to level-up if needed for the main missions

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
IMO, they should've eliminated the side-missions that didn't advance the plot and instead let the gamer explore previously encountered worlds themselves.to level-up if needed for the main missions

They did that though. You just had to hit the 'Advance' button after you completed the key story missions. You could also enter previous areas again and level up by fighting Heartless and abort your mission without it being too tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back